PDA

View Full Version : Another question?

XLR8
March 22nd, 2018, 11:57
I thought it would be best to start a new thread for my questions. Sorry about this.

I was reading over at the prepar3d site, and saw a area where it explained how to install addon aircraft. I followed the instructions how to (pretty much the same as FSX). But the path it shows is.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\SimObjects\Airplanes

I have nothing in my C:\Program Files (x86).

Mine are located here. C:\Program Files .

Does this indicate the game is installed wrong?

aspen31
March 22nd, 2018, 13:55
Hi
Probably can't be a great deal of help but I recall that my previous versions of Prepar3D up to V4 were installed in "Program Files 86" but V4 onward installs into "Program Files" - not sure why but my installation works fine. I would ignore the "86" bit and install any new aircraft under "Simobjects / Airplanes. I'm sure one of the gurus can give you a better explanation but I hope this helps a bit

Warren

Daube
March 22nd, 2018, 14:36
I still install my aircraft in the old fashioned way = exactly like I did in FSX: in the internal simobject/airplane folder.
P3D allows and encourages "external" addon locations, but I've been too lazy to learn that.
Some payware aircraft that got officially updated to P3Dv4 will install automatically outside of the P3D folder. Like, in "My Documents" or something like that. It's automatic so I let it choose and install by itself. On subsequent launch, P3D finds them and asks me if I want to "activate" them. I answer yes and that's all :P

fsafranek
March 22nd, 2018, 14:38
This might explain it for you.

https://www.howtogeek.com/129178/why-does-64-bit-windows-need-a-separate-program-files-x86-folder/
:ernaehrung004:

XLR8
March 22nd, 2018, 15:47
Thanks guys!:applause: I did figure out how to install the aircraft. Some seem to work while others don't (may be me).

So far its better than FSX (graphics so far). Love the UI. Running it at ultra settings with no lag. No traffic yet as I'm still playing around with the game.

But I do have a issue that is about to turn this thing into a crash and burn situation. The issue is to do with the full screen mode. At first launch of the game I had it in window mode. Figured out how to put it in full screen mode. Now when I launch the sim into the flight, the screen is in a small screen. To fix this I have to open the menu in game, click hide menu, then open the options click ok and all is back into full screen. I have spent most of the day trying to figure out why. Looked all over the net, and read litterally hundreds of thread on the official forums. I would take a screenshot but not for sure how.

Daube
March 22nd, 2018, 16:30
Hmm... I'm not too sure about this full screen issue, but here is something you can try:
1- ensure you always launch your sim with the option "run as administrator". This option has to be set in the properties of the shortcut/link you use to launch P3D.
2- once you're in the sim, choose a simple default aircraft ("simple" = low complexity, not a complex addon aircraft with special gauges or anything like that), a nice location, and launch the flight.
3- once in the cockpit, make the sim run in full screen (ALT+ENTER, just like FSX).
4- go to the graphic options and ensure the "black out desktop" and the other small checkbox next to it (I forgot the exact name) are switched on, and validate (OK). Also ensure the "show menu at startup" is checked
5- save your flight as default flight.
6- exit the simulator from the menu flight->exit or ESC key.

The next time you run the sim, it should run directly in full screen.

XLR8
March 23rd, 2018, 10:19
Looks like I got this screen mode to work. Thanks for the help.

I do have a question. There is a F-35 in the game and its nice. But I see no F-35B. I tried Dino's and it didn't show up in the game library. Is there a version that will? I downloaded the one from his site.

mikewmac
March 23rd, 2018, 11:47
Looks like I got this screen mode to work. Thanks for the help.

I do have a question. There is a F-35 in the game and its nice. But I see no F-35B. I tried Dino's and it didn't show up in the game library. Is there a version that will? I downloaded the one from his site.

The P3D v4 default F-35A is Dino's, but that is all you get with the default setup.

If you want Dino's best F-35A, F-35B and F-35C you have to buy his payware addon F-35 which is also TacPack ready and well worth the investment IMHO.

Below is a link to his website which should be of help in getting what you need to use his payware F-35 package in P3D v4:

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/

jmig
March 23rd, 2018, 16:09
I still install my aircraft in the old fashioned way = exactly like I did in FSX: in the internal simobject/airplane folder.
P3D allows and encourages "external" addon locations, but I've been too lazy to learn that.
Some payware aircraft that got officially updated to P3Dv4 will install automatically outside of the P3D folder. Like, in "My Documents" or something like that. It's automatic so I let it choose and install by itself. On subsequent launch, P3D finds them and asks me if I want to "activate" them. I answer yes and that's all :P

I could have written the paragraph above. I do not install PD3 on my C drive. It is on a SSD of its own. Everything associated with PD3 goes on that drive, nothing else.

Daube
March 23rd, 2018, 17:21
Doesn't the freeware F-35 B and C from Dino work in P3Dv4 with some patch you can download from his webpage ?

mikewmac
March 24th, 2018, 07:07
Doesn't the freeware F-35 B and C from Dino work in P3Dv4 with some patch you can download from his webpage ?

Daube,

I think that the P3D V4 X64 Compatibility Patch on Dino's website is only intended for his improved payware F-35 package.

jeansy
March 24th, 2018, 08:37
huge differences between his freeware version and payware version, you can tell staright away he spent more time refining and adding additional features

and mike is correct the patches is for his payware version

XLR8
March 24th, 2018, 10:22
Thanks everyone:encouragement:. I can't buy anything else for a while. The only reason I got p3d is because the wife told me I had to eat baloney sandwiches for the next month.

But I do have a question. Where are the saved flights saved in windows 10?