PDA

View Full Version : Majestic Dash 8 400 query

jeansy
March 21st, 2018, 05:20
I havent upgraded to 64bit yet and have a few questions for any owner

it has been more than several months since i installed the dash8 400 prior to 64bit, but now since im getting into longer flights more so outside Australia, ive hit a cross road

1, anyone upgraded from the pilot version to the pro, is it worth the price? I like the HUD and thats what is nudging me that look at the pro but is it really worth it just for the HUD

2, I lost interest quickly due to the lack of flight path programming addon for the dash flightplan format, its one of the reason why i didnt race to upgrade as it was more a chore entering flightplans than flying it

3, has there been any releases of 3rd party software that creates dash8 flight plans, or even better with the upgrade have they changed to format coding of the flight plan to use another method than the original ?

I know they are working on a 300 model, so i want to see what people thing of the 64bit features and thoughts on the two models if they upgraded from pilot to pro

thanks in advance

rvn817j
March 21st, 2018, 05:31
I have the pilot 64 bit model. I've only flown it a couple times, but can say that it is a fine model. The Majestic Q400 forum states that it works fine in P3D v4.2. (I use ChasePlane in P3D v4 and seem to recall at one time there may have been an issue with the Q400. I do not know what has become of that issue.) My interests are more in the military aircraft arena so this fine aircraft sits too much in my hangar!

DaveWG
March 21st, 2018, 05:50
There is a prog available via their forum that converts flightplans into a compatible format.
http://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/support.html

Edit: I think LittleNavMap can export plans to the Dash 8 as well.

jeansy
April 5th, 2018, 06:40
Cheers I went ahead with the upgrade, now I just have to convert some flightplans to see the functionality of the tool

kdfw
April 7th, 2018, 13:48
simbrief. free, outstanding flight pln program. can export q400 .fpr.