PDA

View Full Version : FSUIPC for V4 installs, but disappears.....

Navy Chief
March 20th, 2018, 14:19
I bought a registered copy of FSUIPC for V4. Installs ok, but when I start up V4 the following things happen: 1) When I try to click on the menu at the top of the screen (for any option) the drop down menu for each option briefly shows, and then disappears; I am not able to select anything. FSUIPC does appear in the drop down menu under tools.

Then, after a few more seconds, I am able to select items from any of the menu drop down lists, but then FSUIPC disappears from the Tools drop down list!

I have looked for a answer on the FSUIPC forum, but have NOT found a answer yet.

Any help here?

Thanks, NC

RobM
March 20th, 2018, 15:38
I don't know if I can be of much help, since I only have the freeware non-registered version. But in flight, FSUIPC shows under the
"add-ons" tab in the top menu bar.

You may already know, but just in case, the FSUIPC .dll's and documents themselves are in the Modules folder in the P3Dv4
root folder.

Also maybe make sure you have the latest FSUIPC version 5.124 (the earlier version for P3Dv4.2, v5.123, reportedly caused
some problems).

I'm not certain about the flickering menu bar, since mine seems to be working fine.

- Rob

Navy Chief
March 20th, 2018, 17:27
I don't know if I can be of much help, since I only have the freeware non-registered version. But in flight, FSUIPC shows under the
"add-ons" tab in the top menu bar.

You may already know, but just in case, the FSUIPC .dll's and documents themselves are in the Modules folder in the P3Dv4
root folder.

Also maybe make sure you have the latest FSUIPC version 5.124 (the earlier version for P3Dv4.2, v5.123, reportedly caused
some problems).

I'm not certain about the flickering menu bar, since mine seems to be working fine.

- Rob

Thanks Rob,

My mistake. Meant to say it was the Add-ons menu. I do have the latest version, and it was installed in the correct directory. I uninstalled it until I can find a solution. This stinks, having paid a second time for a registered version, but until V4, everything worked fine. Grrrrr.... NC

RobM
March 20th, 2018, 17:37
What happens if you try to install just the freeware non-registered version (I think you just tell the FSUIPC installer
"not now" when it asks if you want to register)?

- Rob

Navy Chief
March 20th, 2018, 17:42
What happens if you try to install just the freeware non-registered version (I think you just tell the FSUIPC installer
"not now" when it asks if you want to register)?

- Rob

Hmm, I will try that and report back. Thanks! NC

Navy Chief
March 20th, 2018, 18:54
All fixed.

I had installed a earlier version. Downloaded/installed updated version. All ok now! Thanks for your suggestions! NC