PDA

View Full Version : Soloy Mark 1 v4 and Mark 2 released

TiAr
March 18th, 2018, 06:57
After the Cessna U206G Soloy Turbine Pac Mark 1 now brand new availible: the newer Cessna T206H Soloy Turbine Pac Mark 2.

Mark 2 features:

9 different models with 12 repaints.

- FSXA (and P3DV4+) natively compiled models - Individual airfiles by Alexander M. Metzger created according to the original models
- fully animated exterior and interior models
- Sound system corresponding to the Rolls-Royce 250-B17/F2
- A detailed VC with cockpit sounds and mouse tooltips
- All models are prepared to use alternative avionics like F1 G500/600, F1 GTN 750/650, F1 GNS, Bendix KLN 90B and RXP GNS. Instructions for the installation of RXP GTN are included.
- Night lighting
- 3D lights
- 2048 and 4096 HD textures - models are designed for 4096 x 4096 pixels.
- Bump textures, gloss effects controllable via alpha
- Configuration window/tool to turn on/off some model add-ons and avionics
- VCRain windshield effects
- GPU with function and sound
- Models can be installed outside the simulator (or other hard disk)

http://up.picr.de/32136789ro.jpg
Mark 2

http://up.picr.de/32136790qu.jpg
Mark 1 in new V4.0

Both are different planes!

Thomas

blanston12
March 18th, 2018, 07:22
This is shaping up to be a great day for new aircraft! Downloading now!

marijn
March 18th, 2018, 09:16
Whoow! and yet another great beauty!!! thank you very much:applause:

blanston12
March 18th, 2018, 10:07
Another great success! I admit when flying each I don't detect much difference but I think the nose of the Mk2 has a slightly more pleasing shape than the turned up one on the Mk1.

Bjoern
March 19th, 2018, 06:24
No sticky?

b52bob
March 19th, 2018, 07:25
All I can say is “wow”. A quality add on that put a number of payware releases to shame. Congratulations on a truly magnificent aircraft. Will be flying this a lot.

Bob

jamminjames
March 19th, 2018, 07:31
This airplane just keeps getting better and better! Thanks........

fsafranek
March 19th, 2018, 07:42
Awesome. Thank you!
:ernaehrung004:

binarkansas
March 19th, 2018, 10:18
The quality of this model is as good as most payware and better than a lot of it. Thanks so much.

ReggieC
March 20th, 2018, 05:11
Beautiful flying machine, but I can't get the "Volts" light to go out on the warning panel. I've got the generator on and am following the startup checklist. Am I missing a switch somewhere?

Reggie

jmbiii
March 20th, 2018, 07:04
Thomas,

Just made my first flight in the Mark 2. Super job ! Only noticed one little 'bug'. The strobes on the wing are visible in the cabin in the wing root area.
No biggie, just don't look up there on a night flight. It'll ruin your night vision.:biggrin-new:

Off to make another flight with the float model ! Thanks for another great plane !

mgchrist5
March 20th, 2018, 11:20
Thomas,
As others have noted, there are payware planes that don't come close to the quality of your planes. Many thanks for such a generous contribution to the community.

I was pleasantly surprised by the manageable ground handling characteristics. I was prepared for the typical FSX turboprop compromise of either "taxi at 60 knots and/or ride the brakes until they're red hot"...but the Ground Idle switch on the Soloys definitely works as advertised!

Portia911
March 21st, 2018, 17:50
No sticky?

Hear, hear (Mods) - please, this is a most worthy candidate!

Roger
March 21st, 2018, 17:54

Agreed:engel016:

LouP
March 21st, 2018, 19:06

Most Definitely!!!

LouP

ryanbatc
March 22nd, 2018, 09:20
Thank you so much for the mark II!

doublecool
March 22nd, 2018, 14:06
Thank you Very Much for these wonderful aircraft
:wavey::ernaehrung004:

Really love the options panel

dvj
March 22nd, 2018, 19:26
Totally blows away the payware stuff. Bravo. I don't think I need to buy another Cessna again. LOL

oldmsgt
March 22nd, 2018, 20:09
Just a word on the Mark 2..... "OUTSTANDING"!!!
The Old Master Sergeant

mrogers
March 24th, 2018, 01:52
Thank you so much for a beautiful aircraft!

b52bob
March 24th, 2018, 06:42
Can’t tell you how much I am enjoying this model. For me the best release of 2018 so far. Thank you for your dedication.
Bob

JPVisser
March 24th, 2018, 10:00
Enjoying this package a lot, thank you for your gift and
thank you for persevering.
It is a very nice plane and I will have it flying for a long time.

guitar0633
March 25th, 2018, 14:03
Wow, the Mark II is amazing in Air Hauler as well. Once I understood that starter switch had to be turned back off for the throttles to work I was off and flying.

It's like we have famous people on the forum here, I wish I could get some autographs from people like Thomas and Manfred and Piglet (also using the Porter in AH). Thanks you so much for these beauties.

Timmy74
March 26th, 2018, 01:00
Will the paints from Mark 1 V4 work with the Mark 2 V1....?

thefrog
March 26th, 2018, 01:12
I never thought I’d want to fly another virtual Cessna but these packages are incredibly well-done. Whoever thinks freeware is inferior to payware after this?

Timmy74
March 26th, 2018, 03:03
Will the paints from Mark 1 V4 work with the Mark 2 V1....?

All good. I managed to get them to work.

Thank you for an amazing aircraft. Having so much fun with her.

TiAr
March 26th, 2018, 11:19
Timmy, yes and no - they are very similar, but there are some modifications on it. I just working on Sentinal version of Mark 2. Its the Law Enforcement development with a bigger wingspan, bigger rudder and other improvements, need some days to verify possible texture changes. Perhaps wait some days, paintkit will come.

Thomas

monk1
March 26th, 2018, 12:36
Brilliant model Thomas, THANKS!!

With some minor tweaking the Mk I textures work well.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/03/27/Mark2b.jpg

TiAr
March 26th, 2018, 12:46
LOL:dizzy:

nagpaw
March 29th, 2018, 18:23
Beautiful! A new favorite! Two quick questions...

1) Is it possible to map the beta switch to a yoke button? If so, what command would I look for?

2) There appear to be places for digits on the engine instruments, but I'm not seeing any. Is that something I'm not seeing on my rig or is it not included? I'm totally fine with analog gauges...just curious!

Thanks to all involved to a fine flying and well designed model! Any chance of seeing the 207 version someday (I know, I know...beggars :biggrin-new:)?

TiAr
March 30th, 2018, 06:35
Beautiful! A new favorite! Two quick questions...

1) Is it possible to map the beta switch to a yoke button? If so, what command would I look for?

2) There appear to be places for digits on the engine instruments, but I'm not seeing any. Is that something I'm not seeing on my rig or is it not included? I'm totally fine with analog gauges...just curious!

Thanks to all involved to a fine flying and well designed model! Any chance of seeing the 207 version someday (I know, I know...beggars :biggrin-new:)?

I don´t have any knowledge about special hardware configuration. But the beta switch on Mark1/2 follows (L:GroundIdle, bool) value, the fuel/Flight on Mark 2 (A:GENERAL ENG FUEL VALVE:1, bool).

And no, a C207 Turbine Pac is not on my list. Sorry, that would be another year of development - it is a total different aircraft.

Thomas

nagpaw
March 30th, 2018, 10:03
Thomas,

Thanks for the guidance. I'll see if I can make it work.

I totally understand about the 207, and am perfectly pleased with the 206. She's one of the best flying turboprops I have...if not the best. :applause: Thanks!

CrazyCanuck
June 13th, 2018, 02:59
Thomas,

Been flying the Mark 2 a lot recently, as I finally got back in flight simming mood. One question however: having issues with instrument lighting. I can't get it to work. The appropriate switch appears to have no effect.

Any suggestion?

With thanks,

TiAr
June 13th, 2018, 11:33
CC, sorry, there is no instrument lighting at daytime - only in night time. But the new WIP MK2 Sentinel has full instrument backlighting also at daytime. Its a real VFR/IFR one.

Thomas

CrazyCanuck
June 13th, 2018, 14:52
Many thanks for such a prompt reply! Really looking forward to that next creation of yours!

THibben
October 23rd, 2018, 19:12
I can't bring up the Configuration panel. Shift+1 does nothing for me.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

fsafranek
October 23rd, 2018, 20:21
I can't bring up the Configuration panel. Shift+1 does nothing for me.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom
Maybe uninstall and reinstall?

THibben
October 24th, 2018, 06:41
Maybe uninstall and reinstall?

I have done that a couple of times and it hasn't helped.

I am at a loss as to what to do next.

Thanks,

Tom

TiAr
October 24th, 2018, 10:49
This is weird - what´s about the other 2D-windows? Do they open? Are you sure, you hit key shift together with key 1? Did you change any of these key allocationsin FS?

Thomas

THibben
October 24th, 2018, 14:08
Thomas,

You nailed it. The Shift+1 was blanked out in FSX and all the others had numbers assigned.

Thanks so much. It is sure nice to have some whiz kids around.

Tom

TiAr
October 25th, 2018, 13:33
Tom, great, you are welcome.

Thomas

_wombat_
May 11th, 2019, 14:50
How do I download this Soloy Mark 1 v4 and Mark 2 ?

After the Cessna U206G Soloy Turbine Pac Mark 1 now brand new availible: the newer Cessna T206H Soloy Turbine Pac Mark 2.

Mark 2 features:

9 different models with 12 repaints.

- FSXA (and P3DV4+) natively compiled models - Individual airfiles by Alexander M. Metzger created according to the original models
- fully animated exterior and interior models
- Sound system corresponding to the Rolls-Royce 250-B17/F2
- A detailed VC with cockpit sounds and mouse tooltips
- All models are prepared to use alternative avionics like F1 G500/600, F1 GTN 750/650, F1 GNS, Bendix KLN 90B and RXP GNS. Instructions for the installation of RXP GTN are included.
- Night lighting
- 3D lights
- 2048 and 4096 HD textures - models are designed for 4096 x 4096 pixels.
- Bump textures, gloss effects controllable via alpha
- Configuration window/tool to turn on/off some model add-ons and avionics
- VCRain windshield effects
- GPU with function and sound
- Models can be installed outside the simulator (or other hard disk)

http://up.picr.de/32136789ro.jpg
Mark 2

http://up.picr.de/32136790qu.jpg
Mark 1 in new V4.0

Both are different planes!

Thomas

RobM
May 11th, 2019, 15:10
How do I download this Soloy Mark 1 v4 and Mark 2 ?

It's in the SOH Library, FSX Aircraft -> FSX Civilian Props, but you'll have to page down quite a bit, it was released back in March 2018.

-Rob

_wombat_
May 11th, 2019, 15:24
Thanks Rob for the feedback, will go there now.

It's in the SOH Library, FSX Aircraft -> FSX Civilian Props, but you'll have to page down quite a bit, it was released back in March 2018.

-Rob

LouP
May 11th, 2019, 18:52
Has anyone figured out to get the RXP GTNs in the VC? I followed the directions but still had the GNS in there. I used the rxp replace tool and got them in the VC but I still have the 3d knobs for the GNS.

Thanks,
LouP

LouP
May 11th, 2019, 19:05
Never mind, figured it out. Just needed to select the F1 GTN after installing the mods and all worked out. Looks great. Thank you for such a cool aircraft.

LouP

Mako8841
May 12th, 2019, 22:59
Hello, Another fine aircraft! Can't buy one better! Just wanted to know if I can submit repaints here on SOH... Thanks.

b52bob
May 13th, 2019, 05:06
Just want to say it’s been almost one year since it’s release. It continues to be one of the best aircraft in FSX, payware or freeware. Although I’m predominantly x-plane, I do fly this a lot in P3D.

thanks again to the team who put this together. You are all rock stars.

Bob

TiAr
May 13th, 2019, 10:49
Hello, Another fine aircraft! Can't buy one better! Just wanted to know if I can submit repaints here on SOH... Thanks.
Yes, why not, many people will thank you. Me, too :jump:

Thomas

ejoiner
May 14th, 2019, 07:43
These are (by far) my favorite freeware civilian airplanes. I fly them much more than any other single engine GA planes I have including a lot of payware.

I'd love to see the panel lighting in P3Dv4 improved some, but thats a nice to have. Otherwise brilliant work!

Eric

delta_lima
May 14th, 2019, 08:35
I missed this set of releases during my FS absence last year. Thanks for bringing it up to the fore, and thanks to Thomas et al for a fantastic package. The Mark 2 is absolutely gorgeous.

Mako, I'd love to see your repaints - it's a worthy subject, and you're a good repainter!

cheers,

dl

SSI01
May 14th, 2019, 09:47
I had the Soloy Mark 2 amphib up for a flight a short time ago and got a lockup - frozen screen - after about 10 minutes of flight. After running the Windows task manager to see what was going on, I got a notice on the screen saying, "Critical error - failed to create DirectX device." Is this connected to the aircraft, or is there an issue with the computer?

TiAr
May 14th, 2019, 11:06
The models are non-critical at all - I never got a message like this. Perhaps critical is the 3rd party used avionic, are they updated, how installed etc. If you run the Soloys in P3DV4, you should change Doug´s dsd_fsx_xml_sound_tr.dll to the 64-bit version (and rename it with _tr).

I am working on an updated model of Mark 2, which is not released yet with a lot of improvements for P3DV4/5 (cabin/panel lighting, PBR). But this will need a lot of time.

https://up.picr.de/35756193xl.jpg

https://up.picr.de/35756194hl.jpg

Thomas

SSI01
May 14th, 2019, 11:15
I'm sorry, I should have mentioned I'm running the aircraft in FSX Gold Edition. System rundown: AMD Phenom II X4 940 processor, 3.00 GHz, 12.0GB RAM, 64-bit OS, with an AMD Radeon R9 380 Series card.

TiAr
May 14th, 2019, 11:20
I see no probs with your system.

SSI01
May 14th, 2019, 16:47
Starting about a week ago I began to see an unusual thing on this computer. I was working on an aircraft's folder, copying files to another folder and after highlighting the pertinent file and hitting "copy," as usual I went to the other folder and right-clicked that folder to paste the other file into it. Instead of the dialog box with "paste" among other things in it, I got the dialog box with a black filler. Moving the cursor down the interior of the box produced what is normally in that box, however, it was revealed layer after layer as the black covering was stripped away line by line, not as a single group of various commands on a white background normally in that box.

After seeing this I eventually did a shutdown-restart of the machine. After hitting the "shut down" button, the system ran through its normal shutdown process until it stopped for a while. I went to a normal view of the screen and found a small dialog box came into view in the center of the screen saying a program in Windows was not letting Windows close down. It could not pause nor close, I had to force a shutdown. So far after restart everything seems to be working OK. So now my question is could this program that froze Windows at the very end of the shutdown process be somehow related to my earlier lockups in FSX with the Soloy aircraft and Mr. Noriega's Piaggio P.180 as well - which also locked up the machine?

I've noted both aircraft used Doug Dawson's sound file/gauge and am wondering if somehow there is an incompatibility in my system with this file.

EDIT: I checked the modules folder for that copy of FSX and there is no dsd_fsx_xml_sound_tr.dll file or anything similar to it in that modules folder. Don't the .dll files go into the Modules folder?

FlyingsCool
May 14th, 2019, 20:20
Starting about a week ago I began to see an unusual thing on this computer. I was working on an aircraft's folder, copying files to another folder and after highlighting the pertinent file and hitting "copy," as usual I went to the other folder and right-clicked that folder to paste the other file into it. Instead of the dialog box with "paste" among other things in it, I got the dialog box with a black filler. Moving the cursor down the interior of the box produced what is normally in that box, however, it was revealed layer after layer as the black covering was stripped away line by line, not as a single group of various commands on a white background normally in that box.

After seeing this I eventually did a shutdown-restart of the machine. After hitting the "shut down" button, the system ran through its normal shutdown process until it stopped for a while. I went to a normal view of the screen and found a small dialog box came into view in the center of the screen saying a program in Windows was not letting Windows close down. It could not pause nor close, I had to force a shutdown. So far after restart everything seems to be working OK. So now my question is could this program that froze Windows at the very end of the shutdown process be somehow related to my earlier lockups in FSX with the Soloy aircraft and Mr. Noriega's Piaggio P.180 as well - which also locked up the machine?

I've noted both aircraft used Doug Dawson's sound file/gauge and am wondering if somehow there is an incompatibility in my system with this file.

EDIT: I checked the modules folder for that copy of FSX and there is no dsd_fsx_xml_sound_tr.dll file or anything similar to it in that modules folder. Don't the .dll files go into the Modules folder?

How hot was the room when it happened? That sounds like a graphics card issue, like something that happens when it's overheating.

SSI01
May 15th, 2019, 11:23
I can't give you an exact thermometer reading, but I'd guess probably in the mid to higher 70s. Coastal Georgia can get a little warm this time of year. We have central air, but I do have a large ceiling fan going all the time in the room, and the room is on the shady side of the house.

EDIT: My time to admit to a little ancient history. The last dsd_fsx_xml_sound file in my FSX setup was dated 2014. I changed it to the 2018 edition so maybe that will help things a bit. Will check that out today.

TiAr
May 15th, 2019, 12:19

No, if you use FSX there is nothing to do. Doug´s dsd_fsx_xml_sound_tr.gau should be in panel folder. (the mentioned dll is 64-bit only, sorry about wrong info).

Thomas

FlyingsCool
May 17th, 2019, 10:16
I can't give you an exact thermometer reading, but I'd guess probably in the mid to higher 70s. Coastal Georgia can get a little warm this time of year. We have central air, but I do have a large ceiling fan going all the time in the room, and the room is on the shady side of the house.

EDIT: My time to admit to a little ancient history. The last dsd_fsx_xml_sound file in my FSX setup was dated 2014. I changed it to the 2018 edition so maybe that will help things a bit. Will check that out today.

I use both FSX:ACC and FSX:SE, and that dsd gauge messes me up all the time. I usually just remove it if I'm having a problem with a plane. Getting all the paths to really work is a major pain in the butt. I have yet to really figure out the nomenclature it's looking for. Seems as though it's written in UNIX trying to integrate with Windows. Plus, even if I have it right, I've had other issues with it. Just my experience, I'm not judging the gauge or other people's use of it. It's very popular.

TiAr
May 17th, 2019, 10:49
Leave the original dsd_fsx_xml_sound_tr.gau in the panel-folder with the original T206H_sound.ini. They are working. This sound system controls only cockpit sounds and is active, if panel is loading with interior model (VC), see panel.cfg entry.

If you have a different version with the same file name in modules, this could make troubles. Take care with updating dsd gauges - there are 64-bit versions out, but if you use fsx, only 32-bit are working, perhaps, this is your trouble.

Thomas

falcon409
May 19th, 2019, 06:11
I can't find any mention of a paint kit for V2. Was one ever released? I thought the one for V1 would work but not quite. I guess I could do some cutting&pasting to get one put together, but it would be nice to have one done correctly.

falcon409
May 19th, 2019, 13:04
I can't find any mention of a paint kit for V2. Was one ever released? I thought the one for V1 would work but not quite. I guess I could do some cutting&pasting to get one put together, but it would be nice to have one done correctly.
Anyone at all really. . .someone knows!

falcon409
May 19th, 2019, 17:50
Never mind, I've built one myself!

rotorhub
May 20th, 2019, 03:09
Fantastic work all around. It is also one of the best VR headset aircraft around in my opinion. Easy readable gauges and no problems working the cockpit.:applause:

Rotorhub

falcon409
May 20th, 2019, 11:28
A few shots of a personal livery to use as I travel around the Bahamas:

https://beta-static.photobucket.com/images/g84/ejwells409/1/aba2bf0d-0839-457f-b0e3-b9ede6c0844f-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds (https://beta.photobucket.com/u/ejwells409/p/aba2bf0d-0839-457f-b0e3-b9ede6c0844f)

https://beta-static.photobucket.com/images/g84/ejwells409/1/ab4b12c1-0a27-4331-9300-defcc9d4a76b-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds (https://beta.photobucket.com/u/ejwells409/p/ab4b12c1-0a27-4331-9300-defcc9d4a76b)

delta_lima
May 20th, 2019, 13:40
Nice livery, Ed!!!

Totally suits the plane and the locale.

TiAr
May 22nd, 2019, 14:19
Nice to see this threat sticky again! Unfortunately, I was on a business trip and couldn't answer. Sorry, I didn't release a repaint kit for the latest versions of Mark 1 and Mark 2 because nobody asked for it. For Mark 1 you can use the older one I uploaded one year ago here on SOH. Mark 2 is a bit different, you can see it on new repaint of Falcon409.

Perhaps its time to release one for Mark 2 now. I did one, but now I have to verify first, if it covers the last version. Tomorrow I will upload it.

Thomas

falcon409
May 23rd, 2019, 03:02
Nice to see this thread sticky again! Unfortunately, I was on a business trip and couldn't answer. Sorry, I didn't release a repaint kit for the latest versions of Mark 1 and Mark 2 because nobody asked for it. For Mark 1 you can use the older one I uploaded one year ago here on SOH. Mark 2 is a bit different, you can see it on new repaint of Falcon409.

Perhaps its time to release one for Mark 2 now. I did one, but now I have to verify first, if it covers the last version. Tomorrow I will upload it.

Thomas
Good new Thomas, I have several repaints in the que but with this announcement I'll hold off to get the correct kit for the Mk2

TiAr
May 23rd, 2019, 10:56
I uploaded the Mark 2 paint kit some hours ago here in library. Inside are 2048 DXT5 DDS with alpha, 4096 Corel Photopaint cpt and 4096 Adobe Photoshop psd for the exterior models.

Thomas

falcon409
May 23rd, 2019, 11:37
I uploaded the Mark 2 paint kit some hours ago here in library. Inside are 2048 DXT5 DDS with alpha, 4096 Corel Photopaint cpt and 4096 Adobe Photoshop psd for the exterior models.

Thomas
Thank you sir!!

TiAr
May 24th, 2019, 08:14
The paint kit is available now in library. Have fun painting. :wavey:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=176&linkid=25512 the p3d one is the same

https://up.picr.de/35827388yf.jpg

Thomas

MZee1960
May 24th, 2019, 13:13
A few shots of a personal livery to use as I travel around the Bahamas:

https://beta-static.photobucket.com/images/g84/ejwells409/1/aba2bf0d-0839-457f-b0e3-b9ede6c0844f-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds (https://beta.photobucket.com/u/ejwells409/p/aba2bf0d-0839-457f-b0e3-b9ede6c0844f)

https://beta-static.photobucket.com/images/g84/ejwells409/1/ab4b12c1-0a27-4331-9300-defcc9d4a76b-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds (https://beta.photobucket.com/u/ejwells409/p/ab4b12c1-0a27-4331-9300-defcc9d4a76b)

Beautiful livery , Ed !

I'd love to have one like this for the float version. Hopefully you will upload.

Thank-you.

MZee1960
May 24th, 2019, 13:31
Hi Guys,

I have just downloaded this beauty in the Mark 2 version, and noticed whenever I call up the Aircraft Configurator, my screen is reduced to 1/2 the original size. The configurator works fine, and I get back to full screen once I exit from the popup Configurator panel. Any ideas how I can avoid this from happening and have the configurator panel show with a full screen - that is , without having to physically drag down the lower bottom edge with my mouse cursor ? Must be something in the panel config for the aircraft - perhaps a window needs to be resized, or ? Any help would be appreciated very much. Pics of what I see in FSX are below here. Thank-you.

FSX without AC Config Panel displayed :

https://i.imgur.com/ZV2ppVz.jpg

FSX with AC Config Panel displayed :

https://i.imgur.com/da6RBHx.png

TiAr
May 24th, 2019, 13:51
yes, can be a panel.cfg issue. Did not noticed that, yet. In VC display should be normal.

Thomas

MZee1960
May 24th, 2019, 20:26
yes, can be a panel.cfg issue. Did not noticed that, yet. In VC display should be normal.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I have the same 1/2 screen in VC as well.

MZee1960
May 24th, 2019, 20:35
Decided to try skydiving today .........

https://i.imgur.com/7OLllrx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HcnnAhl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BFilZk0.jpg

Lots of fun ! Hopefully everyone lands on land, lol ! :encouragement:

'Parachute drop addon' is at Simviation here : https://simviation.com/1/browse-Misc-58-37

MZee1960
May 26th, 2019, 18:29

Thomas

Yes, ..... probably an easy fix too. Seems to be linked to the Aircraft configuration pop-up panel only. All other panels are OK and show with full screen.

TiAr
May 27th, 2019, 12:51
Very nice pics MZee.

Can you say what display resolution you use in fsx. I see you fly with full screen window modus, is it right?

Thomas

MZee1960
May 28th, 2019, 16:24
Very nice pics MZee.

Can you say what display resolution you use in fsx. I see you fly with full screen window modus, is it right?

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Yes, I use full screen mode and 1920 x 1080 resolution. Most settings for scenery are at or near max. Letting my AMD 7970HD GPU do all the heavy lifting. I'm glad you liked these pics.

(BTW, ... I am very happy to have the Soloy part of my virtual hangar as it fills in the utility gap for flying between smaller, remote airfields (American Samoa) and water facilities (BC West Coast) perfectly. Can't wait to see all the repaints our talented artists come up with ! )

MZee1960
February 17th, 2020, 14:28
In my post #74 in this thread, I posted an issue with the screen going to 1/2 size when the AC Config Panel (Shift+1) was called up in FSX.

With many thanks to @alain0568 here in the forums for the fix outlined below :

For the pop up panels to show full screen, go to the main aircraft panel.cfg, and modify the last line like this:

[Default View]
X = 0
Y = 0
Size_x = 8191
SIZE_Y = 6143

Now all screens with pop-up windows are full size.

https://i.imgur.com/sSsKF0A.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Tbzff23.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gnu8ySN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hrLFKm6.jpg

What a magnificent aircraft this is ! Thank-you, Thomas.

downwind
February 18th, 2020, 09:45
This is really a remarkable package, that I have just become acquainted with. My thanks go to the developer and those who have helped with it, and the other great contributors as well. Thanks also to the general SOH community, which I am glad to help support again this year.

TiAr
February 18th, 2020, 12:10
thank you Soloy friends! Very nice to read.

MZee, great. I will have a closer look on it. Never thought that this caught these issue. Thank you for sharing it. Perhaps also helpful for people with similar problems.

After a long time I just work on the Soloys again to make them ready for future. I just portover Mark 2 to a native P3Dv4.5 with PBR materials. Is working fine. But fighting with new updated F1 G600/GTN and GNS avionics. G600/500 with GTN is working like a charme - but with F1 GNS the G600/500 not.

Thomas

downwind
February 19th, 2020, 09:31
I noticed something else in one of the screenshots above and in my installation:

The attitude display "wings" indicator is not aligned with the horizon when the plane is flying straight and level. In most sim models that can be adjusted, but this one seems fixed despite the appearance of the hand symbol when hovered-over with the mouse.

This is really an exceptional package of highly modified Cessnas if you haven't tried it.

TiAr
February 20th, 2020, 07:46
I think you mean attitude pitch of both attitude indicators. They are both fully adjustable without limitations, if mousewheel situation is in the range. If pitch indicator is down the horizont move mousewheel forward (can be some mousewheel work), if pitch above, go with mousewheel behind until pitch come into mid range. Than you should save situation again.

Thomas

downwind
February 20th, 2020, 14:04
Ah! thanks Thomas. I had the mouse wheel mapped to elevator trim. All is good now in these amazing aircrafts.

MZee1960
April 21st, 2021, 17:37
This one is a 'must have' AC for back country flying, lakes and short grass/dirt strips.

manfredc3
April 26th, 2021, 20:10
Yes, this is a great airplane.

Has the P3dv5 version been released? I did search but only found a post that it was being worked on. But that post was pretty old.

Or does the current version work in P3dv5?

ToniJH
April 29th, 2021, 00:40
Yes, this is a great airplane.

Has the P3dv5 version been released? I did search but only found a post that it was being worked on. But that post was pretty old.

Or does the current version work in P3dv5?It works quite well in P3d v5 too :)

MZee1960
October 15th, 2022, 14:57
Took this one out for a brief flight in the Gold Coast region of Australia today.

Still loving the utilitarian design including the pop-up config panel.

Great work, Thomas and Co. !