PDA

View Full Version : Cherokee 6

LouP
March 17th, 2018, 20:10
Did a quick search for a flight sim model of a Cherokee 6 and there surprisingly seems to be none out there. Anyone ever run across one anywhere?

LouP

Naismith
March 17th, 2018, 23:14
AOPA did one for FS9 for members some years back - I think it was in reality a Flight 1 product licensed to them. But I don'y know if still available or indeed if it would work in P3d at all.

normb
March 18th, 2018, 07:12
The bobholland.com site has a nice (vintage 2005) Cherokee 6 with some payload stuff in the downloads section. Old site but worth exploring,

Norm

Naismith
March 18th, 2018, 10:50
I found a fs2004 one at simviation - just search there on Cherokee and it will show up. Looks really old though. Doubt it is P3d able let alone FSX

falcon409
March 18th, 2018, 12:04
The bobholland.com site has a nice (vintage 2005) Cherokee 6 with some payload stuff in the downloads section. Old site but worth exploring,
Norm

Norm, I had all but forgotten that site until you mentioned it. I spent a lot of time there flying his server and doing weekly hops and such before I moved on to SOH. If I remember he was a dyed in the wool FS9 advocate too. I remember him telling someone in his Forums that he wasn't interested in what they had to say about FSX. . .it wasn't allowed in his forums. Not sure if he was joking or not, lol.

falcon409
March 18th, 2018, 12:21
Just took a look at Bob's site. Still up and open thanks to his son. Amazingly, everything is still as I remember it from probably 15 years ago. . .right down to my screenshot page. He made a page available to anyone who wanted to post screenshots for others to enjoy and it's still there. I did check the downloads. . .many are less than a meg (including the Cherokee Six), so it's doubtful they would work beyond FSX and even then there may be some limitations. There are some really old airplanes there to download though.