PDA

View Full Version : Multi-LOD Blenheim for CFS2 ?

Roxane-21
March 10th, 2018, 02:38
Hi all.

I am in search for a multi-LOD Blenheim Mk.IV (and maybe a Mk.I as well).

There are two different models available here at SOH, the one made by Thicko and the old IS4G/DAF one.
Thicko's model is not multi-LOD and therefore the frame-rate drops when it is used as AI.
IS4G/DAF model is really too old, and looks like a CFS1 aircraft.

Are there other (multi-LOD) models available elsewhere, with a fair amount of different skins for all theaters of operations ?

Rami
March 10th, 2018, 02:59
Roxanne,

Thicko's models are all multi-lod, but even with them, I have the same issue with his Dornier Do-17s. (and the Ilyushin DB-3 and IL-4, for that matter) Still, they are the best (and only real) models available, so you learn MB tricks on how to minimize the frame rate impacts.

Rami
March 10th, 2018, 03:00
Roxanne,

Here is the Mark IV model...

Rami
March 10th, 2018, 03:02
Roxanne,

Here is the Mark IVf...

Rami
March 10th, 2018, 03:03
Roxanne,

And here is the Dornier...

Allen
March 10th, 2018, 12:03
Thicko are multi-LOD but useless as with the Do17 the lowest LOD has more polygons than the full detail stock B-25 G4M2 and P-38 if I'm recalling right.

Roxane-21
March 11th, 2018, 01:24
I was assuming they were not multi-LOD since the frame rate was terrible.

so you learn MB tricks on how to minimize the frame rate impacts.

I wonder what kind of trick would allow me to use them in missions without making the frame-rate drop? Even a simple mission with only one formation of eight Blenheims is barely playable...

To date, I replaced them with Beauforts in my MTO missions, though I am not sure they were actually used as level bombers.