PDA

View Full Version : Gunsight Reflection

swpierce
March 8th, 2018, 16:40
I am not sure what caused this, but some of my gunsights are now giving me a blurred reflection of the ground instead of being transparent. I recently installed files from NEW CFS3 Environment v2.0-ETO but I have installed other things before this and I am not sure when this problem started. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58826&stc=1

MajorMagee
March 9th, 2018, 03:10
I would start by looking in the cockpit m3d to see what dds file it's looking for to display the reticle. Then I would search for it to see if it's missing, corrupted, or duplicated.

Which aircraft is this?

Are you using AnKor's shaders?

swpierce
March 9th, 2018, 06:06
I would start by looking in the cockpit m3d to see what dds file it's looking for to display the reticle. Then I would search for it to see if it's missing, corrupted, or duplicated.

Which aircraft is this?

Are you using AnKor's shaders?

Hello and thanks for the reply.
It appears that it is occurring only with the Revi gunsight, the Ju88C and later Bf110 models.
I am not using AnKor's shaders. I AM however using the shaders.xml file from the NEW CFS3 Environment v2.0 -ETO download. I swapped back in the original ETO version of the shaders.xml file and the gunsight now looks fine and normal.
So, it seems that it is some incompatibility between that specific shaders.xml file and the Revi gunsight.

Since I prefer the night effect with the NEW CFS3 Environment v2.0 -ETO shaders when using the nightfighters with the Revi gunsight I am now wondering if there is some way to use both.

mongoose
March 9th, 2018, 06:16
If you want dark, see this thread! http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/109341-Terrain-at-night-and-grey-scale

MajorMagee
March 9th, 2018, 06:52
You could go through both shaders.xml files section by section, and find the settings that are different. Perhaps just changing one setting would fix the sights, and leave the rest as you like it.

swpierce
March 9th, 2018, 16:29
I was actually thinking the same thing. Thanks.

Daiwilletti
March 9th, 2018, 19:29
You could go through both shaders.xml files section by section, and find the settings that are different. Perhaps just changing one setting would fix the sights, and leave the rest as you like it.

Winmerge will find the differences between the two shaders files in a flash.

swpierce
March 11th, 2018, 21:41
Winmerge will find the differences between the two shaders files in a flash.

That is very helpful. Thank you.