PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft EE Lightning F53

WarHorse47
March 7th, 2018, 17:45
Today, Aerosoft announced a free addon (https://www.aerosoft.com/us/blog/detail/sCategory/371/blogArticle/1268) for their EE Lightning F6 package.

I've been looking forward to this addon ever since it was announced last December.

Unfortunately, I've been checking my account off and on for almost 9 hours today and still no download link. :dizzy:

Despite posts on their forum and a support ticket on the issue, there has been no response.

Has anyone looked into this and had any luck??

Josh Patterson
March 7th, 2018, 18:34
I bought mine through FSPilotshop. I wonder if the link there was also updated? Totally love my Aerosoft Lightning collection!
EDIT No, still just the F.6 in the download.

dhazelgrove
March 7th, 2018, 23:28
I've just visited my account at the Aerosoft Shop, and the F53 download link is there immediately under the F6 download link.

They're obviously starting locally.....

Dave

WarHorse47
March 8th, 2018, 05:25
Just downloaded and installed mine...

Not sure what happened. It just seemed like everyone went home yesterday before the job was done. :playful:

fsafranek
March 8th, 2018, 14:06
Didn't realize it was going to be freeware. Better go pick up my packaged copy.
:ernaehrung004:

dhazelgrove
March 8th, 2018, 23:41
Don't forget to visit the Aerosoft forum and pick up the towed target -- every Lightning driver needs one.
You even get a free Canberra at the other end of the wire!

Dave

Josh Patterson
March 21st, 2018, 15:48
Anyone else having issues with the F.53? When I go to latch the canopy I hear the sound of the lock, but the animation doesn't move (and to prove it wasn't locked the hood decides to part ways during the takeoff run). Also I can't start #2 from the engine start switches on the right console, I have to use the relight switch. I also noticed there is a limiter on the flap lever that won't let them extend above about 230-240 (and this may have been on Saudi Lightnings IRL.) This edition does get the nose plug in place when C&D is selected. None of my other single seaters do this, only the T4/5. That said it looks fabulous as do ALL their lightnings and it's nice to finally have the full set!

dhazelgrove
March 22nd, 2018, 03:52
To make the canopy lock, you have to make sure it's fully down. If you look just to the left of the seat pan, you'll see a lever with a small switch on the top.
This is the lever you want. Start by right-clicking on the small switch until it doesn't make any more noise. Then left-click on the lever to lock the canopy.

The F53 VC is a major departure from the other single-seat Lightnings, as you're finding.

The good/bad news? The developer hasn't finished with the Lightnings yet.....

Dave

Josh Patterson
March 27th, 2018, 13:56
To make the canopy lock, you have to make sure it's fully down. If you look just to the left of the seat pan, you'll see a lever with a small switch on the top.
This is the lever you want. Start by right-clicking on the small switch until it doesn't make any more noise. Then left-click on the lever to lock the canopy.

The F53 VC is a major departure from the other single-seat Lightnings, as you're finding.

The good/bad news? The developer hasn't finished with the Lightnings yet.....

Dave I did figure out the canopy system. (I really like that you can open the hood just a crack.) All I had to do was read the manual because as you said there are subtle differences! I still can't get the switch for #2 to do anything yet though. (It doesn't even animate.) You say they're not done yet? What's left other than doing the P1A and P1B? (Or maybe/also revamping the F.3 release so the F.1 and F.1A have the proper panels?) I'll be keeping my eyes peeled!