PDA

View Full Version : Guy Martins Spitfire

txnetcop
March 6th, 2018, 13:40
It's a Netflix video that goes through the process of building from old diagrams an original Mk I Spitfire and subsequent flight. Great video!
Ted

MustangL2W
March 6th, 2018, 18:29
...It is a GREAT program!

Josh Patterson
March 6th, 2018, 19:06
Just watched his video of the period leading up to the last Vulcan flight. I wish I could have seen it fly!

wombat666
March 6th, 2018, 19:38
Having met Guy at the IOM several years ago and catching up with him at subsequent visit to the 'Island' I can say that when it comes to Guy Martin what you see is what you get.
Top bloke, loves all old things mechanical, great rider, really fond of pretty women, evil sense of humour and has a personality that is hard to resist.
Last year he had a terrible TT and earned great respect by not riding in the Senior as he simply had not had track time on the new bike, that shows greater strength of character than just riding around on an unknown bike and getting in other riders way.
I'm saddened by his decision not to do the IOM again, but he has a lot of challenges lined up.
Aside from Superbikes, Guy also holds the World Land Speed Record for Bicycles, is an avid Mountain Bike racer, won Pikes Peak first time round.....................:encouragement:

Motormouse
March 7th, 2018, 03:41
and along with his sister runs a pretty good pub too!

Ttfn

Pete

SPman
March 7th, 2018, 16:02
He's a real hard case, is Guy. As Wombat says - what you see is what you get!

He did Pikes Peak on one of his own bikes a couple of years ago.

wombat666
March 7th, 2018, 20:21
Great sense of humour and not easily offended.
The second year we were at the IOM I suggested he write his replies to our conversations on a piece of card and hold them up for us to read because his accent was so broad and he spoke at warp speed.
Ever since that day he's called me 'Subtitles'...........as in 'Good Morning Sofie, morning Subtitles'.
:biggrin-new:

Daveroo
March 8th, 2018, 09:28
lol ,thats pretty funny there wombat..ive always been know by nicknames,my dad was sewerpipe,which got me lilpipe ( hate that one) ,PVC,but the one i like most is dumpster dave,is because i tossed a guy into a dumpster and locked him in overnight,next morning he was the one who went to jail as he punched a cop while making his complaint about me locking him in..lol..and a fused to call me DirtyDave,i know thats used alot,and he called me that because i was always going to the bar after work having not showered..lol..Steve for those of you innto bike racing,was the first american to ever win the Austrailain speedway motorcycle championship. dont remember the year though,he and his brother were both 7 time world champions in speedway bikes.

Flyboy208
March 8th, 2018, 17:51
Just watched that program about 2 weeks ago and loved it. Be sure to check out his Avro Vulcan program , another iconic British aircraft ... Mike :wavey:

txnetcop
March 10th, 2018, 17:50
Just watched Guy Martin: Last Flight of the Vulcan...SUPERB! I always loved the Vulcan especially after seeing it in a James Bond film. From then on I was hooked. Iris Simulations made a very good representation of the Avro Vulcan.
Ted

by the way...should you buy the Vulcan from Iris it may be long in the tooth but believe me you will need the manual for start-up correctly.

Josh Patterson
March 10th, 2018, 19:35
Just watched Guy Martin: Last Flight of the Vulcan...SUPERB! I always loved the Vulcan especially after seeing it in a James Bond film. From then on I was hooked. Iris Simulations made a very good representation of the Avro Vulcan.
Ted

by the way...should you buy the Vulcan from Iris it may be long in the tooth but believe me you will need the manual for start-up correctly.If you think the IRIS Vulcan is good (and I love it) checkout Just Flight's Vulcan that is coming up! If the PR.9 is any indication you'll need an even heftier manual!

txnetcop
March 11th, 2018, 11:30
Thanks Josh...this is another reason why I will never give up FSX entirely! https://www.justflight.com/product/avro-vulcan-b-mk2
Ted