PDA

View Full Version : Carriers in P3D V4.2?

DennyA
March 5th, 2018, 14:22
Playing off the RFN Carrier Gauge topic, what carriers work in P3D V4.2? Are there moving, landable AI carriers?

Any pointers for a carrier newbie on a setup that's easy to get going would be greatly appreciated!

Daube
March 5th, 2018, 14:53
As far as I know, all FSX/P3Dv2,2 and 3 carriers work just fine in P3Dv4.2.
This includes the Nimitz by Javier, the Charles de Gaule and Clemenceau by RFN, the Kuznetsov-style (forgot the Chinese name...) by Bear Studio (payware), the WWII "HMS..." carriers from Flying Stations, and the carrier included in the Aerosoft Tomcat (payware).
You simply need to user AICarriers.NET, which interacts normally with P3Dv4.2, if I remember correctly (you might simply need to launch it manually, out of the sim).

EDIT: and yes, of course with AICarriers.NET, you can make the carrier move and you can still land on them and take off using catapults (or engine power on the Russian/Chinese carrier).

fsafranek
March 5th, 2018, 19:37
The Team SDB Enterprise is P3D v4.2 compatible out of the box with full FSX-Acceleration features.
If you also use the v4.40 RFN Carrier Gauge the Advanced features will work again in 64-bit environment.
:ernaehrung004:

Mower
May 13th, 2018, 06:51
The Team SDB Enterprise is P3D v4.2 compatible out of the box with full FSX-Acceleration features.

How is this installed since the installer doesn't see p3d...just copy it from the Fsx boats folder over to the p3d boats?

fsafranek
May 16th, 2018, 15:53
How is this installed since the installer doesn't see p3d...just copy it from the Fsx boats folder over to the p3d boats?
If your installer doesn't see any P3D you need to redownload from where you bought it. We combined the FSX and P3D installers into a single package a while back. We're making a new installer for P3Dv4 changes but everything is on hold while I deal with real life.

In the meantime just edit the install path line in the installer to point to your P3Dv4 installation. Just like you would any other installer -- they almost (read should) always give you the opportunity to verify and edit the target path.

Once the ships are in, install the latest RFN gauge -- do read the install docs. It is now v5.0 and gives you all the original Advanced features described in the Enterprise manual but now in a 64-bit environment. Beside an optional new glass type interface v5.0 also included steam catapult in P3Dv4 -- worth the upgrade in my opinion.

More info here: http://www.glowingheat.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=393
:ernaehrung004:

expat
May 17th, 2018, 03:29
Lots of carriers work in P3D 64 bit. You will find here at SOH the Midway, Essex class (CV-8 and CV-34), Forrestal and Kitty Hawk class boats - these all work well. Do a search for these in the SOH library and have fun!

Stinger
May 17th, 2018, 04:21
JF’s Carriers work just fine in P3Dv4.2
i spawn then using tacpac. I current have the USS Nimitz cruising at 15 knots off the eastern coast of Korea. For our CKorean Campaign. I have more then 200 ships I can put to sea using tacpac

Stinger
May 17th, 2018, 04:23
JF’s Carriers work just fine in P3Dv4.2
i spawn them using tacpac. I current have the USS Nimitz cruising at 15 knots off the eastern coast of Korea for our Korean Campaign. I have more then 200 ships I can put to sea using tacpac.

DaveQ
May 17th, 2018, 05:58
Can you get AI Carriers2 to work with P3D4? If so how? If it's not too dumb a question!

DaveQ

Stinger
May 17th, 2018, 06:08
Not sure Dave,with Tacpac it’s not necessary so I have never used it

expat
May 17th, 2018, 08:17
Can you get AI Carriers2 to work with P3D4? If so how? If it's not too dumb a question!

YES. Use it all the time. I installed AICarriers2 in my root P3D folder (for me a :/D drive) and no problems (sometimes need to exit it and then re-start it though).

awstub
May 17th, 2018, 08:36
Yes, the .NET version of AI Carriers2 (AIcarriersNET) works fine.

If my memory serves me correctly, the way I installed it was to place the unzipped AIcarriersNET folder into my Lockheed Martin folder (C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin)

To get it to work, I then had to go to my C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folder and open my EXE.XML file and with notepad and add the following:

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>AICarriers</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\AICarriers NET\AICarriers.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

NOTE: Before editing it I made a copy and named it "EXE.xml.original" just in case I messed up the edit. This way, I can restore it just by deleting the edited file and renaming the original back to EXE.xml.

I think that once all of this is done, it should work normally.

Also, AIcarriersNET does not interfere with Tacpack, FSX@War or CCP.

DaveQ

PhantomTweak
May 17th, 2018, 12:01
I've read threads in the FSDT forums that seem to indicate that the AICarriers.NET folders must be under the main P3D folder, and others that state it functions just fine installed anywhere you choose.

I personally recommend to people that they install it under the main P3D folder. If it necessary, it makes it work properly, if it's not, no harm done.

Mr. awstub got the exe.xml entry correct. It's best to use the full path, as he shows. It's vital that the path is entered exactly, or the file may not read it correctly, and thus, not start AICarriers.NET. Spaces, punctuation, and so on are all very important.
Having said that, of course, it may be started manually, should you so choose. If you do, ensure you always start it in Run As Administrator mode. This is important for it to run correctly.

He is also correct in that it will not affect in any way the listed programs.

Enjoy!
Pat☺

DaveQ
May 17th, 2018, 14:00
Many thanks guys - I'll give it a try and let you know how I get on.

DaveQ

docjohnson
May 17th, 2018, 16:49
I have AICarriers.NET and its run outside of the P3D root. The trick is to get the path right in the dll.xml. Also, you may have to start it manually while the simulator is running to get it to show up the first time. Once I did those things I have never had a problem with it.

PhantomTweak
May 18th, 2018, 22:50
I have AICarriers.NET and its run outside of the P3D root. The trick is to get the path right in the dll.xml. Also, you may have to start it manually while the simulator is running to get it to show up the first time. Once I did those things I have never had a problem with it.
I am going to presume you meant the EXE.XML, not the DLL.XML?
It's entry goes in the exe.xml to make it start automatically.

Like I said, I've read posts that said it works fine outside the P3D root folder, and others that said it wouldn't work unless it were in the P3D root folder. I haven't been able to see any correlation to OS, location of P3D, or anything else. That's why I, personally, recommend placing it under the P3D root. If it's needed on that computer, it's already place. If not, no harm done.

But that's just me :D

Have fun with it! Once you get it going, try adding vLSO for even more realism. Those AI LSO's are grumpy, mean, and tough graders. Very realistic. I think the ones on my system have come to hate me personally, but I can't prove it. Maybe they just hate all pilots :loyal:

Good luck!
Pat☺

mpni
May 19th, 2018, 11:38
Hi
2 traps, vLSO On, with the FA-18C Blue Angels
http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia.fr/Test/F18-BigE_Dusk.mp4
http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia.fr/Test/F18-BigE_Night.mp4

docjohnson
May 19th, 2018, 13:39
You are correct, I meant the exe.xml. Here's my AICarriers entry:

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>AICarriers</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>D:\P3D Install Library\AICarriers\AICarriers.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

This is the exe.xml in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4. There is also one in C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4. You could put it in either one and as long as the path is correct, you should be good.