PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft Falcon X

rubblebeam
March 5th, 2018, 08:30
I cant seem to get the Aerosoft F-16 to show in P3D V4.2. I've installed it but some of the models aren't showing in the "select vehicle" menu. I've seen you-tube videos of the F16 working in V4.2 so it can be done. What's my problem? Is there a trick?

Penzoil3
March 5th, 2018, 08:43
Have you downloaded the latest installer ? The newest came out 2-24.

rubblebeam
March 5th, 2018, 08:56
Yes I have v1.21

blanston12
March 5th, 2018, 09:40
First its my impression the default F-16 that comes with P3D is the Aerosoft F-16.

rubblebeam
March 5th, 2018, 10:54
yes it is. if i put one of the models from the aerosoft pack into the default P3D f16 folder, edit the aircraft conf the model will show in the aircraft select screen. so there is nothing wrong with the models or the textures. So why doesn't the aerosoft listings show in my select aircraft screen? unless theyre spliced into the default p3d folders?

Penzoil3
March 5th, 2018, 19:30
"AS_F-14-EXTENDED_P3D_V300" is the latest file for P3D 4. 1.21 is way old. Get the new installer. Even the FSX installer is V202.
Sue

strykerpsg
March 5th, 2018, 20:57
"AS_F-14-EXTENDED_P3D_V300" is the latest file for P3D 4. 1.21 is way old. Get the new installer. Even the FSX installer is V202.
Sue

Sue,

You're talking about the F-14 file, he's talking about the F-16 Falcon, unless I missed a sentence somewhere...

rvn817j
March 6th, 2018, 07:32
I am not aware of any "new" installer for P3D v4 (or any version for that matter other than FSX). The 1.21 installer is for FSX and looks for fsx.exe in the install folder before it will install (I know because I have recently attempted to get it to install into P3D).

Hoping to get access to the skins, I created a "fake FSX" folder containing only FSX.exe. The Aerosoft installer then installed to that folder. I created an ".xml" file in the P3D Addons folder (C:\documents) and was able to access some of the FSX F-16s in P3D. The performance of the FSX F-16 in P3D was not optimal (some of the graphics looked poor, you could see a green tint on some of the screen refreshes, and, ultimately, a screen freeze). Due to the performance I "undid" the things I did. It was easy because I used the ".xml" file addition method.

Looking at the Aerosoft forum suggests that there continues to be work underway to get the Aerosoft FSX F-16 working in P3D. Tick tock....

Penzoil3
March 6th, 2018, 07:42
OOPs, sorry.

rubblebeam
March 6th, 2018, 12:19
I copied my p3d exe and renamed it FSX. the aerosoft f16 installs. the "thunderbirds" "BAF demo" "RNLAF Demo" show up in the aircraft select screen but the others dont. and like I said, play around with aircraft conf and splice models into the default f16 folders and they will show. The aerosoft listings apart from the 3 I mentioned will not show.
Anyway I'm over it now. I've tacpacked the default f16 and I'm having fun in the Milviz F-100 in my fictional war between California and Nevada.

RobM
March 6th, 2018, 13:15
I cant seem to get the Aerosoft F-16 to show in P3D V4.2. I've installed it but some of the models aren't showing in the "select vehicle" menu. I've seen you-tube videos of the F16 working in V4.2 so it can be done. What's my problem? Is there a trick?

Sorry, I'm not certain if I understood. Are you trying to add some of the FSX Aerosoft F-16 textures to the already existing P3Dv4 F-16?
Or are you trying to port over the entire FSX Aerosoft F-16 to P3Dv4?

If the first, I haven't tried anything with the Aerosoft F-16, but from experience, it may be better to try to port the entire FSX Aerosoft
F-16 over, rather than trying to add textures to the existing P3Dv4 F-16. The existing P3Dv4 F-16 only has a single texture, and any
textures added may not agree with the single existing panel, model, or FDE files.

Anyway, whichever way you're trying, just off the top of my head from experience with other planes, a few general things I always
look for when things don't work:

1) inside the texture folders, is there a texture.cfg file aliasing onto a main texture folder, and if so, is the path in the missing
plane textures identical to the path in the plane texture folders that are showing?

2) for the missing planes, in their aircraft.cfg's, are the entries for model= and sim= identical to the aircraft.cfg's for the planes
that are showing?

3) if adding entries, have you used a unique title in the aircraft.cfg's for each entry?

4) in the added aircraft.cfg's, have you checked that you haven't left anything out, like one of the flightsim number angle brackets
("[" or"]")? That will stop any aircraft listed below that missing bracket from showing.

5) and finally, are you sure the missing textures aren't in fact showing somewhere? P3Dv4 lists all planes alphabetically by their
aircraft.cfg titles. I don't know how many times I thought a texture wasn't showing, when in fact it was just listed further on up
or down the select aircraft list, because I hadn't noticed the title used.

I don't know if that's any help at all. But if you've seen other people do it, it's at least possible, so just keep hammering away at it.

Good luck! - Rob