PDA

View Full Version : WIP Cessna Soloy T206H Mark 2 Turbine

TiAr
March 3rd, 2018, 14:29
Release of both native FSX and P3DV4 is coming closer. Got the final airfiles of Alexander Metzger of Mark 1 and Mark 2. And yes, RC-X Guardrail Trainer will be in the box. Fully integration of F1 G500/600, GNS in VC, windshield rain effects and a working GPU with great sounds in- and outside (its a MAN V8 generator engine...) are new. Like all other different cockpit styles. Thanks to Heretic for opening two eyes (and support perfekt coding).

http://up.picr.de/31994719lj.jpg

http://up.picr.de/31994720zv.jpg

Thomas

DennyA
March 4th, 2018, 10:41
Wow, that looks amazing!

TiAr
March 17th, 2018, 13:52
Just uploading the whole package here in Library. Please note, FLIR is only static - it is not possible to get proper vision settings at the moment. Perhaps next P3DV4.3 will come with better solutions for it. I am on it.

http://up.picr.de/32129383xc.jpg

Thomas

Daveroo
March 17th, 2018, 14:50
wow,really nice

Manschy
March 18th, 2018, 02:59
No deals with A2A so far :mixed-smiley-010: ? Fantastic work, Thomas, fantastic work!!!!

aspen31
March 18th, 2018, 04:12
Hi
I've been trying out the new Mark 2 and it flies very well. Thanks for creating it. So far one question. Is there a way of shutting down the engine. So far I have not found any fuel shutoff or other method.
Thanks
Warren

scotth6
March 18th, 2018, 04:39
No deals with A2A so far :mixed-smiley-010: ? Fantastic work, Thomas, fantastic work!!!!

:biggrin-new: Yes there should be, shouldn't there.

Thank you Thomas. These Cessna Soloy's are absolute classics and I applaud your unbelievable generosity.

Cheers,

LouP
March 18th, 2018, 05:22
:biggrin-new: Yes there should be, shouldn't there.

Thank you Thomas. These Cessna Soloy's are absolute classics and I applaud your unbelievable generosity.

Cheers,

I second that, thank you.

LouP

aspen31
March 18th, 2018, 05:54
Hi all
Found the fuel cut off - when all else fails read the manual.
Thanks for this great creation.
Warren

jmig
March 18th, 2018, 09:28
I second that, thank you.

LouP

I third it! Wonderful airplane. Just remember to come in with the throttle early on. It takes a while for the engine to spool up. You could get in trouble and behind the power curve in landing or slow flight.

falcon409
March 18th, 2018, 12:53
I third it! Wonderful airplane. Just remember to come in with the throttle early on. It takes a while for the engine to spool up. You could get in trouble and behind the power curve in landing or slow flight.
Also, after engine start, return the start switch to off, lol. . . .otherwise your takeoff roll will be more like a crawl. . .DOH!

falcon409
March 18th, 2018, 12:54
Thomas, the Mark II is a masterpiece. Thank you for all your contributions. . .your aircraft are exquisite. :applause::applause:

aspen31
March 18th, 2018, 13:32
Hi all
Wondering if I'm doing something wrong. When I do an engine start on the water the aircraft starts to move as the engine rpm increases and it accelerates almost as if the engine is at full power. So far I have been unable to stop the machine from moving even with the prop feathered or at least moved to the full out position. Anyone else experienced this and if so any advice or fix appreciated. I'm using P3D V4.2.
Thanks
Warren

TiAr
March 18th, 2018, 14:07
Warren, you have to install 64-Bit XMLTools - please read readme/manual for it. This will fix your problem, I am quite sure.

Thomas

aspen31
March 19th, 2018, 03:43
Hi Thomas
I thought I had it installed but didn't. With the correct XML installed the engine functions are very realistic. Ed also provided good advice - to manually return the engine start switch to off. This airplane on the water seems to perform very accurately from what I can recall of the older piston engine 206s. Overall a very nice machine.
Thanks
Warren

expat
March 21st, 2018, 03:25
Just downloaded. Wonderful work. Thanks very much for this great contribution!

falcon409
March 21st, 2018, 04:55
Thomas, I do have one observation. On your Tundra version, the tires don't represent what I have come to recognize as tundra tires. The width you've modeled seems ok, but the tires are flat on top rather than balloon shaped which to me is indicative of a tundra tire. Yours remind me more of the wide profile tires I see on some race cars. Is this something that can possibly be corrected in a future update? Please correct me if I'm wrong, maybe there are tundra style tires that are of varying shapes and styles.

TiAr
March 21st, 2018, 13:11
there are different tires available with different sizes and widths. I dontīt have the special certification sheet for "Tundra" equipment on Soloys. I only have two pictures with two different tire models. One with a smaller front tire and one with much bigger size. Both tire models have profiles in length direction. But both are a bit more "balloon" styled simialar to your picture. So, you could be right. If there is a update, I will look closer to it.

falcon409
March 21st, 2018, 17:44
Great, thanks Thomas!

TiAr
March 22nd, 2018, 13:29
Falcon, great observation about the tundra tires - found out that there was the same STOL kit used in some Soloys that was used for piston 206. It uses its own wingtips and aileron function. Perhaps you and others can help out for more information. Would be great for the bush flyers.

Thomas

mllgrennman
February 11th, 2023, 11:31
Warren, you have to install 64-Bit XMLTools - please read readme/manual for it. This will fix your problem, I am quite sure.

Thomas

I confirm XML Tools 64 installed and she does 40 kts at start up no matter how low I have the power and condition set.

And she wont do more than 50 kts with everything maxed...something is broken.

This is with a water takeoff.

P3D V4.5 W11