PDA

View Full Version : P3D V4.2 No ATC

aspen31
March 3rd, 2018, 12:28
Hi all
I was playing with Mr. Shupe's Harpoon in P3D and discovered somewhere along the way that I had no ATC communications - the window being grayed out. I tried several other aircraft which had worked fine just a couple of days ago and - same thing - no ATC. I have added nothing accept the Harpoon and I'm sure it worked yesterday. Battery, generator(s) and avionics are all selected on - - - engines running.
Wondering if anyone else has experienced this or have I screwed up in some way.
Thanks
Warren

aspen31
March 3rd, 2018, 13:38
Hi again all
Not sure what was going on but suddenly there was no ATC at all - could not find anything amiss (always a bad sign) so I rebooted the system and everything is back - still a mystery but all normal - at least for the next 45 minutes or so.
Thanks
Warren

blanston12
March 3rd, 2018, 21:49
Could you have turned off electric power to the radios? Some times I notice when I switch from one AC to another some of the switches get set in the wrong position

aspen31
March 4th, 2018, 02:58
Hi Joe
I guess it's possible but I couldn't find any switch out of place in the several airplanes I tried. I noticed over at the Prepar3D site there is a long blog about the "gray ATC" window but it seems more related to saved flights - in any case I didn't find help there - after the re-boot everything was good - so I'll take it - just not sure what happened.
Take care
Warren

Rimshot
March 5th, 2018, 00:02
It happened to me as well; out of nowhere the ATC menu was greyed out. Next time it happens check your radio failure options under the vehicle failure menu after starting a flight. You can untick comm/nav failure there and you won't have to restart the sim. I still dont know why the failures were suddenly active though...

FlameOut
March 5th, 2018, 02:27
I'll have to report the same here on my system! :banghead:

@ Rimshot, I looked at these failure options that you mentioned and all of mine are unticked.

It started yesterday when I flew a flight with the A2A Connie. I had requested ATC for a loaded IFR flight plan that I have before I started up the engines or had loaded any passengers.

I noticed that is was "grayed out" and at the top of the dialog box was a 'No Battery" message. I'd never had that before.

A start up of P3D v 4.2 just a few minutes ago had the same result : A2A Connie with engines running, no weather, no flight plan, still had no ATC ! :redfire:

aspen31
March 5th, 2018, 02:48
Hi all
Thanks for the advice so far. In my case I have done nothing with "failures" except perhaps accidentally - worse still I could find no fix except re-booting the computer - so while everything is working again I still have no idea why it happened or how to fix it.
Warren

paiken
March 5th, 2018, 04:59
#Me too...I was flying the Navion B in Air Hauler 2 and just figured it was one of the system failures built into that program. I finished my flight and went to the repair option and found there were NO repairs necessary. Guess LM has a new bug to repair for version 4.3.

scotth6
April 11th, 2018, 09:40
I just experienced this again today, probably the third time. It is very random. I started a flight in the PMDG 737NGX, loaded cold and dark, and when i tried to contact ATC the first time for clearance the ATC window was greyed out. It remained that way for the whole flight.

There are a lot of reports on the LM forum, and elsewhere, regarding this, but there seems to be no concrete cause or solution.

FlameOut
April 11th, 2018, 15:00
My ATC has returned to proper function with the deletion of the P3d CFG file and letting it rebuild on the next start up of P3D, since my post above. "The No Battery" was 'cause I did not have my battery turned on !

C:\Users\Your Computer\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4