PDA

View Full Version : as16 troubles

Daveroo
March 2nd, 2018, 10:55
hey all,im having a really hard time getting active sky 2016 working,i downloaded the latest and the P3Dv4.2 updater,installed both but the thing keeps telling me the asconnect wont work.

im wondering,does the as16 go into the P3Dv4.x folder?..does it go into its own folder? does it have to be on the same disc?..i have three,C:// D:// and E:// i have the P3D on the D drive all the extras on the E drive..have i done it wrong?

C and D are both SSDs

FAC257
March 2nd, 2018, 11:11
Have you tried re-installing just the ASConnect portion of AS16?
The install .exe should be in the main AS16 folder. The files is called "ASConnect_P3Dv4_Install.exe"

On my end, I have both P3D and the HiFi software on the same drive, but in their own separate folders.

FAC

DaveWG
March 2nd, 2018, 12:09
Just to be sure, AS16 is for FSX and P3d v3, ASP4 is for P3d v4 and is a separate product.

Daveroo
March 2nd, 2018, 12:26
Have you tried re-installing just the ASConnect portion of AS16?
The install .exe should be in the main AS16 folder. The files is called "ASConnect_P3Dv4_Install.exe"

On my end, I have both P3D and the HiFi software on the same drive, but in their own separate folders.

FAC

i tried that and didnt help

Daveroo
March 2nd, 2018, 12:27
Just to be sure, AS16 is for FSX and P3d v3, ASP4 is for P3d v4 and is a separate product.

well yes it would be the asp4,got it off thier website from my purchase.

Penzoil3
March 2nd, 2018, 13:32
But the thread is titled " as16 troubles " and- "hey all,i'm having a really hard time getting active sky 2016 working."
So which are you trying to use with P3d ?
(http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/109667-as16-troubles)

Daveroo
March 2nd, 2018, 16:43
its the active sky version for P3Dv4,with the update for 4.2,excuse the hell out of me for wording it wrong,i thought i was clear enough saying i had the right download for P3dV4.2 earlier,but since it seems i dont know my ass from a hole in the ground,just forget this thread,,thank you so much for the help.

roger-wilco-66
March 2nd, 2018, 22:24
Dave,

hey, take it easy pal.

I'm not sure where the culprit might be.

I updated ASP just yesterday myself, so it's fresh in my memory. Downloaded the latest beta-version form the Hifisim page and installed it over the active version (no de-install of the old version). The asconnect part suggested to be installed into the p3d root directory (which is non standard in my installation), which I confirmed.

It worked for me.

To begin with, did you download the latest beta-version of ASP4 from ? Version 6633?

Cheers,
Mark