PDA

View Full Version : Nemeth Designs - Mil Mi-24V Updated for P3D v4

spatialpro
February 26th, 2018, 06:34
Hot on the heals of their Mi-24A Nemeth Designs Mil Mi-24V (i.e "Hind"-E) has now updated for P3D v4 :biggrin-new:

For now it only seems to be available here:

https://www.fspilotshop.com/nemeth-designs-mil-24v-for-fsx-p-4651.html

Just in time for pay day! :encouragement:

I originally bought mine way back in October 2013 from PC Aviator and I have my fingers crossed an updated installer will be posted there...

Also, I for one would pay for an upgrade to a TacPack version... Would you too???

https://www.fspilotshop.com/images/NEM-175e.jpg

jeansy
February 26th, 2018, 18:02
Did they fix the wires that flail from the rotor head on the armed version in p3d or was it just an installer update

other than that it worked fine in p3d

Ive been learning the tacpack sdk once i get my head around it and put rockets on the carenado 337 i will have a look at hind

** I cant confirm the update is available from the Nemeth Store as I purchased it back in 2013 and it telling me that my order has expired, Im not going to re pay as it already works

Rebo
February 27th, 2018, 03:18
I cant confirm the update is available from the Nemeth Store as I purchased it back in 2013 and it telling me that my order has expired, Im not going to re pay as it already works

Same here, and I'm also not going to re pay it...

spatialpro
February 27th, 2018, 03:39
Bear in mind this updated version isn't even announced, let alone for sale, on their website, so I wouldn't anticipate updates for existing customers would be available there yet either. It seems to me that for some reason Nemeth push their updated products via one/some vendors first (where it also gets announced first), in this instance FSPilotShop, and others follow later, inc. their own website.

With that in mind I'd be interested to hear from anyone who bought the FSX version via FSPilotShop in the past and may now have been offered a free update???

Rebo
February 27th, 2018, 06:06
I wrote Nemeth a ticket and they renewed the download on their website :jump:

strykerpsg
February 27th, 2018, 13:59
Ive been learning the tacpack sdk once i get my head around it and put rockets on the carenado 337 i will have a look at hind

I like where you are going with that one....please let us know how it turns out. Would love to have a quasi O-2 flying the virtual Asian skies, along with some already great Asian terrain being produced.

deimos256
February 27th, 2018, 15:58
I like where you are going with that one....please let us know how it turns out. Would love to have a quasi O-2 flying the virtual Asian skies, along with some already great Asian terrain being produced.
Well if we're throwing around ideas, how hard would it be to put a few miniguns on the side of the C-47? Which we already have a Spooky gunship repaint.

jeansy
February 27th, 2018, 16:24
Its been disscussed on their forums, shooting 90* isnt possible yet

jeansy
February 27th, 2018, 16:26
I wrote Nemeth a ticket and they renewed the download on their website :jump:

Yeah i did that and awaiting a response

DaveWG
February 27th, 2018, 23:56
Well if we're throwing around ideas, how hard would it be to put a few miniguns on the side of the C-47? Which we already have a Spooky gunship repaint.

Done that already. Removed a couple of side windows and merged in some mini guns with MCX.
TacPack will fire guns sideways no problem, it's rockets it can't do yet.

jeansy
February 28th, 2018, 03:55
Dear Customer,

For the "V" variant we did not release P3Dv4 update yet. It is coming in the next 1-2 weeks. Only our "A" variant is P3Dv4 compatible yet.

Regards,
Customer service

So im now wondering WTF

jeansy
February 28th, 2018, 03:58
Done that already. Removed a couple of side windows and merged in some mini guns with MCX.
TacPack will fire guns sideways no problem, it's rockets it can't do yet.

ok, i must be confused, or read a old post, I have to re read the sdk thread regarding gunships

I know they talked about difficulty regarding 40mm and 105mm

But I do reacall the post in the C47 thread that contained the picture of the spooky with guns, that was your work correct?

spatialpro
February 28th, 2018, 04:13
So im now wondering WTF

I think we have a serious left arm vs. right arm issue here!

DaveWG
February 28th, 2018, 04:36
ok, i must be confused, or read a old post, I have to re read the sdk thread regarding gunships

I know they talked about difficulty regarding 40mm and 105mm

But I do reacall the post in the C47 thread that contained the picture of the spooky with guns, that was your work correct?

Yep, that was mine. TBH, I haven't ported it into P3d v4 yet but it worked correctly in v3.
I think the guy in the thread over at VRS wanted to use rockets as a substitute for the 105mm. I just used 2 M61s angled slightly down and back.
I'll double check it tonight when I get in from work.

jeansy
February 28th, 2018, 16:16
I think we have a serious left arm vs. right arm issue here!

it seems to be the case over there, even warhorse has encountered staff that didnt even know about Mi-35 even when its posted on their home page

So im left wondering why are they advertising the update at the fs pilot store and have a change log but not acknowledging it on their own

jeansy
March 3rd, 2018, 23:13
it appears the V hasnt been updated only the A

FSPilotshop.com are the cause of all the confusion

Hi,

The confusion was caused by the fact that FS Pilot Shop mixed our Mil Mi-24"A" and Mil Mi-24"V" products and they send out the news incorrectly about the updates.

Both received an update recently but the "V" variation which is our older products get only a small installer update that made it easier to install it for FSX Steam Edition. But it is not a full pledged update yet. It is still not compatible with P3Dv4 because that update will come a bit later for it.

The "A" variation of our Mil Mi-24 products, which is our newest released products and which is compatible with FSX and P3Dv4 too - got an update too which added some fixes and small tweaks to the performance.

I also reset your order downloads, you should be able to download all now.

Regards,
Customer service

it might be worth unsticking this post until the correct update is released

noting the message from Nemeth, it now answers WH post on why several things werent fixed