PDA

View Full Version : RFN_CarrierGauge available in 64Bits for P3DV4

sparouty
February 25th, 2018, 00:28
Hi!
We released a new V4.4 version of our RFN_CarrierGauge which is now compiled also in 64bits!
You'll find on our RFN website a package dedicated to 64bit platform which allows you to use the RFN gauge on P3DV4.1 (and later).

As I had to do some modifications in my code, there are some changes in the way to install the dll and configure panel.cfg: please read the package's docs ! :encouragement:

Regards,
Sylvain

DaveWG
February 25th, 2018, 01:23
Thank you very much Sylvain. :applause:

Penz
February 25th, 2018, 02:06
Nice news!

Thank you Sylvain. :applause:

hschuit
February 25th, 2018, 03:59
Sylvain, merci beaucoup ! For a while I was quietly hoping you guys would create a 64bit version.

Henk.

expat
February 25th, 2018, 06:47
Wonderful news - thanks Sylvain!

fsafranek
February 25th, 2018, 10:53
Awesome work. Glad to be able to use it in P3D again.
:ernaehrung004:

spatialpro
February 26th, 2018, 02:49
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!! This makes me soooooo happy! Been waiting so long!

Navy Chief
February 26th, 2018, 08:54
Thank you Sylvain.

I printed out the install instructions again. Maybe this time I can stay focused and actually get it to work! Never have been successful. The key is taking my time, eh? NC

spatialpro
February 27th, 2018, 11:33
Has everyone else got this working OK? I'm having trouble. I'm looking in the Views menu and can't find the gauge. Shift +N doesn't work. I can't figure out why it isn't showing up. I note there is mention of conflict with the likes of SODE and FSUIPC, but I'll installed the gauge into a brand new, fresh, virgin install of P3D v4.2... Any ideas?

Navy Chief
February 27th, 2018, 16:13
Hmm, I will patiently wait until you are able to get this sorted out and running before I attempt installing and having the same problems, eh? NC:encouragement:

Has everyone else got this working OK? I'm having trouble. I'm looking in the Views menu and can't find the gauge. Shift +N doesn't work. I can't figure out why it isn't showing up. I note there is mention of conflict with the likes of SODE and FSUIPC, but I'll installed the gauge into a brand new, fresh, virgin install of P3D v4.2... Any ideas?

spatialpro
February 28th, 2018, 02:59
Still no joy here. So far I've tried installing the gauge in the P3D4 Fouga Zephyr and the P3D4 JF Hawk T1, with no success. The gauge isn't listed in the View menu and Shift + N doesn't bring it up either.

I have the following installed:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x64
Microsoft.NET Framework
Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client

So far I've yet to reinstall the following:

FSUIPC
SODE
TacPack

I have double checked that RFN_CarrierGauge_64.dll, RFN_Resources & RFN_Sounds are all present and correct in the same folder.

Any hints or tips from anyone, to save my sanity?! I used this for years in FSX and 32-bit P3D with little or no issues. I haven't used it in a while, as I'm now entirely 64-bit v4... so it could be the grey matter is failing me when it comes to missing a crucial detail....!

spatialpro
February 28th, 2018, 04:10
OK, some progress...

I realised that in panel.cfg the Windows are numbered from 00. When using Shift+N I hadn't accounted for this. For instance, in the Hawk the RFN Gauge is added to the .cfg as Window 04 and I had been trying to use Shift+4 rather than Shift+5, which worked! In the Zephyr there are already Windows 00 to 09, so I added the gauge as 10. However, with keys only going up to 9 how does one call a window 10 or 11?! Forgive my ignorance!

In the Hawk the gauge appeared to be very big indeed. I set the scale to 0.25 in the end. However, whatever scale I used I could not alter the TACAN from Y to X... despite clicking all around it! No problems changing the numbers though! Because of this I've yet to actually try it with a carrier...

MrZippy
February 28th, 2018, 04:20
In the Zephyr there are already Windows 00 to 09, so I added the gauge as 10. However, with keys only going up to 9 how does one call a window 10 or 11?! Forgive my ignorance!

If P3D follows FSX at all, then window.10 would be viewed by bringing up the top menu and going to view/instrument panel/all panels then click on the one you want.

spatialpro
February 28th, 2018, 05:14
If P3D follows FSX at all, then window.10 would be viewed by bringing up the top menu and going to view/instrument panel/all panels then click on the one you want.

Not there, unfortunately.

DaveWG
February 28th, 2018, 05:36
Pop up panels aren't in the views menu any more. They've been moved to the vehicle menu.

expat
February 28th, 2018, 06:19
Copied/pasted the new gauge entries in the panel.cfg in a few naval birds and all worked fine right away. A few wrinkles were all self created, e.g., I had modded some of the sim.cfg entries in AI boats that wouldn't match the entries in the RFN_xml and had to conform frequencies in that xml to what I have listed in AI carriers, etc. But that's all normal stuff.

Spent some time with Simworks F-4B finding the Coral Sea and doing some traps and cats. Great fun. Only outstanding problem is that I had made about six working Carrier Tracks out in Yankee Station that worked fine earlier in FSX and initally in P3D4 but can't seem to find any of the different cv's now. This is unlikely a problem with the RFN gauge though as it finds all my AI Carrier ships but a problem with traffic files. Checked for a FS9 bgl lurking somewhere in the area but nothing found.

Thanks Sylvain - this is a huge addition to 64bit P3D! :applause:

spatialpro
February 28th, 2018, 07:09
Pop up panels aren't in the views menu any more. They've been moved to the vehicle menu.

Thanks Dave! I was following the instructions to the letter, but I guess they need to be updated!

So now I have the RFN Gauge kinda working... working enough that I've now made 2 successful traps and one launch... but things still aren't quite right. I have to cheat by changing the ident in the panel.cfg entry so I could get the X frequency TACAN I needed for my carrier, which I can now tune into OK.

This means all the lights, LSO sounds etc. work. However, the LSO transmissions are VERY muted. I've turned up "voice" in my settings to 100%, but this doesn't fix it. Any ideas? Also, the range shown on the TACAN appears to be correct, but the bearing is waaaaaay off for me! Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks again

Andy

spatialpro
March 5th, 2018, 02:35
Persevering with the new RFN_gauge here, but still hitting a few issues (inexplicably I can now switch between X and Y channels!). If anyone can help with any of these I'd be extremely grateful!

The landing sight lights aren't visible until after "call the ball"... which defeats the object.
The LSO comms are extremely quiet. If it wasn't for the read out on the green ribbon I'd have no idea what was being said
I can tune to USS Eisenhower with Crowded Deck (CVN69_5), but the needle and range are inoperative. I'm using 40Y (110.35). I haven't tried other Javier Nimitz class incarnations yet though.
I'm unsure how to add the gauge to the latest T-45 Gosawk (v2.83) as although there is a [Window06] it isn't called in [Window Titles] in panel.cfg. Also in panel.cfg there is no [Vcockpit01]. If anyone is willing to share their panel.cfg for v2.83 I'd be very grateful!
Although I can start and tune the gauge before entering VR (so that the landing sight, LSO, catapult still work) does anyone know of a way of viewing the gauge itself in VR so the TACAN can still be used to view bearing and distance etc.?

Many thanks

Andy

spatialpro
March 5th, 2018, 06:18
Sooo, regarding the LSO volume... I tried using RFN's own Charles de Gaulle, which forces the French sound files to be used and they come through loud and clear! This made me try playing the same LSO calls direct from the WAVs (i.e. outside the sim) in French vs. American and sure enough the American ones are more subdued. I figure when these were recorded they quality of the mic used wasn't so hot. I'm considering recording my own, but they'll be in English rather than American! :wink-new:

The visibility of the landing lights issue may just come down to one carrier, HMS Victorious '60. When using other carriers all seems well so far.

PhantomTweak
March 5th, 2018, 11:00
I don't know if it comes with one, but a way to get a pop-up window to appear, if it's got a [Window_Titles] number higher than 09, is to use an icon for it on the 2D or VC panels. If it doesn't come with an icon to call the gauge, one can be made for it in a few minutes. Actually, a very simple process. I would be quite suprized if it doesn't come with one, but if it doesn't, I bet they will make one for it, if you ask them.

Hope this helps a little...
Pat☺

fsafranek
March 5th, 2018, 19:45
Sooo, regarding the LSO volume... I tried using RFN's own Charles de Gaulle, which forces the French sound files to be used and they come through loud and clear! This made me try playing the same LSO calls direct from the WAVs (i.e. outside the sim) in French vs. American and sure enough the American ones are more subdued. I figure when these were recorded they quality of the mic used wasn't so hot. I'm considering recording my own, but they'll be in English rather than American! :wink-new:

The visibility of the landing lights issue may just come down to one carrier, HMS Victorious '60. When using other carriers all seems well so far.
Sorry about the English language LSO voice. That is my voice and I made them years ago for the Team SDB Enterprise in P3D since it doesn't include missions. The original English LSO sounds in the RFN carrier gauge were picked from the FSX carrier missions files. But they couldn't legally be included in the new RFN gauge package for P3D so we offered up our set. We're making new ones for an Enterprise repackage with the new gauge.

fsafranek
March 5th, 2018, 19:48
Sorry, no VR support.

spatialpro
March 6th, 2018, 05:14
Sorry, no VR support

No worries! :adoration: Something to consider for future development perhaps? It sure is great to approach a carrier in 3D VR!

I've made some British LSO voices and so far they're working great. I'm likely to release them in the future. It occured to me it would be good to have different LSO voices for French, US and British carriers, plus even Australian, Canadian etc. Do you think this would be possible in the RFN Gauge?

Might it be possible to add a sound when the approach is correct? For instance when a pilot had corrected their approach a British LSO might say something akin to "You're on the Roger, hold that attitude..."

Also, when testing my British LSO voices I noted the wires I caught seemed to be in reverse order. To my mind Wire 1 is aft and Wire 4 is for'ard and I seem to get the opposite calls?

On the subject of wires, am I imagining it or does FSX/P3D have limit of 4 wires? I ask because I'm developing a carrier which could require 5 and I'm also aware of some with 6.

sparouty
March 7th, 2018, 13:34
Hi,
The gauge is already design to manage different language: You have to enrich the RFN_Parameters.xml file with the new language defining name and path for all the required sound files, and then specifying the carriers you want to use this language by setting "Language" parameter into RFN_Carrier.xml file.

The more complexe point is to have a set of sound files to use!
If one can provide us some sets of voice recorded sound files, I 'd be glad to add it into our package: as you said Airtrooper, having some nice British, Canadian or Australian LSO accents and/or expressions would be really great!!
Having extra calls when everything is ok could be done, but I was told that guys in the navy were not very talkative... (lol)
At the beginning we were limited to FSX Acceleration missions's sounds, but now we have to record our own sound sets so we're potentially more free... I'll think about it, and if I have a record session to come!

Regards
Sylvain

spatialpro
March 8th, 2018, 06:01
Hi,
The gauge is already design to manage different language: You have to enrich the RFN_Parameters.xml file with the new language defining name and path for all the required sound files, and then specifying the carriers you want to use this language by setting "Language" parameter into RFN_Carrier.xml file

Excellent! When I have time I will do exactly that!

I've recorded British LSO sound files and I'll do the same for USA and Australia as time allows...

Many thanks

Andy

SkippyBing
March 11th, 2018, 08:43
I'm having a slight issue with this gauge in that when I use either method of getting it to display, all that happens is that it briefly appears on screen (for <1 second) and then disappears. I've tried it in the Buccaneer, Goshawk, and the RFN Alize as that comes with the gauge entries already made so it should eliminate any errors on my part!

Any ideas what's going on?

sparouty
March 12th, 2018, 10:33
I'm having a slight issue with this gauge in that when I use either method of getting it to display, all that happens is that it briefly appears on screen (for <1 second) and then disappears. I've tried it in the Buccaneer, Goshawk, and the RFN Alize as that comes with the gauge entries already made so it should eliminate any errors on my part!

Any ideas what's going on?

Hi Skippy,
The more current cause for " a disappearing window" are:
- A pb into the Panel.cfg => Do you use 64bit panel entries (I did some changes in the P3D V4 version)?
- C++ pre requires with MS VC++ redistrib 2013 x64

Regards,
Sylvain

SkippyBing
March 12th, 2018, 13:00
Hi Skippy,
The more current cause for " a disappearing window" are:
- A pb into the Panel.cfg => Do you use 64bit panel entries (I did some changes in the P3D V4 version)?
- C++ pre requires with MS VC++ redistrib 2013 x64

Regards,
Sylvain

Hi Sylvain,

I copied all the panel entries from the read me so I think they should be fine?
I reinstalled the VC+ redistrib as well, which took a while!
Still no joy though, I'll try fiddling, I've had it before on my own panels so I should be able to figure it out eventually!

Regards,
Skippy

Edited to add:

Ha, so the content error logging helpfully pointed out I was using the 32bit dll! Obviously clicked the wrong download link and then never noticed I'd got the wrong version. Apologies for the confusion.

spatialpro
June 13th, 2019, 13:21
I love carriers and I love VR. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to use the RFN Gauge in VR (other than using FlyInside)? If not, would Sylvain et al consider an update to make this possible please?

spatialpro
May 8th, 2020, 12:36
Is there a way to change the default frequency (currently tuned to USS Enterprise) so it starts with another carrier of our choice each time?

fsafranek
May 8th, 2020, 14:29
Is there a way to change the default frequency (currently tuned to USS Enterprise) so it starts with another carrier of our choice each time?
I wasn't aware there was a default frequency. But if it can be set it will probably be discussed beginning on page 22 of the RFN Gauge manual.

fsafranek
May 8th, 2020, 15:43
Did some digging into the xml files included with the gauge and there is nothing in there to define the initial frequency.

So did some testing in the game. Thought it might be based on the order of the vessels in the carrier.xml file cross referenced to what you have installed but that isn't it.

So not sure. :indecisiveness:

mpni
May 9th, 2020, 05:36
Hi Airtrooper
Try this:
When you begin the flight, turn the frequency on your desired channel (NAV2 if RFN Gauge is setted on NAV2).
Then save this flight as default flight.
Next time you will start, you will be on the new frequency.
Let we know the result?
Regards
Michel

fsafranek
May 9th, 2020, 10:43
Sylvain and I emailed back and forth about the frequency. His findings:

It would appear that the P3D default flight has tuned Nav2 frequency on 110.60Mhz which is one of the CVN-65 frequencies.
So any time you load a plane using this default flight you'll have Nav2 tuned on 110.60. If you load another saved flight with a different Nav2 freq, P3D will keep this last one.
The RFN gauge is not changing Nav freq when loading a flight.

I looks weird because default F22 plane shows Nav1 so we have the feeling that RFN gauge modify the freq to tune 110.6Mhz when after having loaded Crusader,
but RFN gauge in the Crusader is mapped with Nav2 and not Nav1 : no freq change just different Nav shown up![/QUOTE]

P3D v5 has kept that same 113.7Mhz for Nav1 and 110.6Mhz for Nav2 when the default F-35 is loaded. If unchanged any follow-on aircraft will use the same frequencies for their starting radio frequencies.

So, as Michel suggested above, maybe change your default startup aircraft and the frequencies it is tuned to and save it as a new startup scenario?

spatialpro
May 10th, 2020, 11:45
It would appear that the P3D default flight has tuned Nav2 frequency on 110.60Mhz which is one of the CVN-65 frequencies.
So any time you load a plane using this default flight you'll have Nav2 tuned on 110.60. If you load another saved flight with a different Nav2 freq, P3D will keep this last one.

That explains it!

Many thanks!

Andy

mpni
May 10th, 2020, 23:12
Another way is using the "Previous Flight.fxml" file.
Go to ":\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files" and make a backup of the "previous Flight.fxml" file.
Then look for
<Section Name="Avionics.0">
and modify the frequency in the line
<Property Name="Nav2Active" Value="110.60" />
Save the file in the same format (UTF-8-BOM for example)

mpni
January 21st, 2021, 00:24
Hi loomy
Unabled to send a private message because your mailbox is full.
Regards.
Michel

loomy
January 31st, 2021, 08:20
Hi loomy
Unabled to send a private message because your mailbox is full.
Regards.
Michel

Hi Michel,
Thanks for answering my help request. No I am a member+ and can use all tools.

Would you spend some time to exchange some thought of why the ILS signal is not working in my T-45 Goshawk from Dino during an ILS approach on Navier's carriers? That is really giving me a headache.

I am using P3D v4.5 HF3 on Win 10. I reinsatalled my FS yesterday and just now installe the T-45 and the carriers from USS_Nimitz_USS_Eisenhower_v2.zip. According to what I heard, the ILS should work without having Tackpac installed.

Thanks for your reply and stay healthy.

Achim

delta_lima
February 2nd, 2021, 20:59
Seeing this thread reminds me that I've got a bizarre issue with the RFN TACAN v5.00 gauge.

I installed it (Classic view of course ... lol.) into a number of aircraft, and it by and large works fine - TACAN/ILS needles lock on, DME indicates range correctly, etc.

But what is odd is that no LSO sounds are present on any aircraft - except for the Dino TA-4J Skyhawk. Very strange. I get all the callouts when flying that aircraft, but no callouts when I fly any other aircraft that I have installed the TACAN gauge into. That includes the Dino F-14, the Razbam A-7, Razbam T-2, and the RFN F-8, which already had the gauge installed. Am flying P3Dv4.5.

If someone has any ideas, I would love to hear them.

Kind regards, and many thanks in advance.

dl

EDIT - also added it to the FSXBA F/A-18C, and I get the proper sounds. Nothing with the others. Same entries, except for the specific sequence of the windows and gauges as required.

mpni
February 5th, 2021, 04:28
Hi Delta_Lima
1) Could you confirm that the "RFN_Sounds" folder is in the same directory and at the same level as RFN_Resources?
These folders must be at the same place as RFN_carriergauge64.dll
2) If it is OK, try to heard some waw file in RFN_Sounds by double clicking on (US_CallTheball.wav,...).
3) In the RFN_Carrier.xml, have a look on each Carrier or FCLP, at this line Language="FR" or Language="US"
4) All sounds files are called by the section <SoundFileList> in RFN_Parameters.xml file.
Regards
Michel

delta_lima
February 5th, 2021, 07:56
Hi Delta_Lima
1) Could you confirm that the "RFN_Sounds" folder is in the same directory and at the same level as RFN_Resources?
These folders must be at the same place as RFN_carriergauge64.dll
2) If it is OK, try to heard some waw file in RFN_Sounds by double clicking on (US_CallTheball.wav,...).
3) In the RFN_Carrier.xml, have a look on each Carrier or FCLP, at this line Language="FR" or Language="US"
4) All sounds files are called by the section <SoundFileList> in RFN_Parameters.xml file.
Regards
Michel

Hi Michel - thanks for the reply.

1) yes - both those folders are in my gauges folder, at the same level, and it's the same location for the at 64bit dll
2) I've sampled all the .wav files - they're all working. As I mentioned, on two of the aircraft where I have the gauges added, all the callout sounds are working fine.
3) All carriers and FCLPs have a Language entry of either FR or US.
4) Not sure what you mean, but I believe they are all called out, as shown here: this is the full contents of the RFN_Parameters.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?>
<!-- RFN_Parameters.xml file for RFN Carrier Gauge V4.20 -->
<!-- by S.Parouty --- Royale French Navy - July 2015 09-03-2018 -->

<Parameters>
<!-- Define keyboard shortcuts managed by the gauge -->
<!-- By Default ToggleInput="Shift+Ctrl+Z", RefuelInput="Shift+Ctrl+A" and GoToInput="Ctrl+F1" -->
<Keyboard_Commands
ToggleInput="Shift+Ctrl+Z"
RefuelInput="Shift+Ctrl+A"
GoToInput="Ctrl+F1"/>
<!-- Define Wave Off properties -->
<!-- Distance of Wave Off check : in NM (by default 0.2NM) -->
<!-- Glide Slope thresholds : by default : +3.0° max and -1.65° min) -->
<!-- LOC thresholds : by default +1.8°max and -1.8°min -->
<!-- WaveOff duration : by default 5 seconds -->
<WaveOff
Dist_Check_WaveOff="0.20"
GS_Error_Max="3.0"
GS_Error_Min="-1.65"
LOC_Error_Max="1.8"
LOC_Error_Min="-1.8"
WO_Duration="5.0"/>
<!-- Define Meatball movement properties -->
<!-- Distance of activation : in NM (by default 2.0NM)-->
<!-- Amplitude : max/min of GS error (by default : +/-3.0°) -->
<!-- Sensibilty : Meatball % = (Coef*GS Error)^Meatball_Power (by default : 0.5 a square root law) -->
<!-- Duration of the Engine light (by default : 1.0 sec) -->
<Meatball
Dist_Activation="2.0"
Meatball_GS_Max="0.75"
Meatball_GS_Min="-0.75"
Meatball_Power="1.0"
PowerLight_Duration="2.0"/>
<!-- Define Catapult parameters -->
<!-- Speed Margin: speed margin above calculated End Speed (by default : 10 knots) -->
<!-- Catapult Lenght: average lenght of catapult (by default : 70 meters) -->
<!-- Catapult sound file: define the sound name and path relatively to the Gauges folder (by default : ./Sound/CatapultLaunch.wav) -->
<!-- CLaunch delay : define the time delay (in sec) between the request and the launch (by default : 3.5 seconds) -->
<!-- Engine Percent: define the RPM threshold for each type of Engine (by default, Prop:40%, Jet:70%, Turboprop:60% ) -->
<!-- Input that command launch (by default : button 0 of the 1rst defined joystick : joystick:0:button:0) -->
<Catapult
Speed_Margin="10.0"
Catapult_Lenght="70.0"
Catapult_sound_file="CatapultLaunch.wav"
Launch_Delay="3.5"
Engine_Prop_Percent="40"
Engine_Jet_Percent="70"
Engine_Turbo_Percent="60"
Engine_Other_Percent="0"
Launch_Input="joystick:0:button:0"
Steam_Model_32="VEH_Catapult_Steam"
Steam_Effect_64="fx_RFN_Catapult_Steam"/>
<!-- Define distance for each Check to be done (in MN) -->
<LSO_Distance_Check
Check_CallBall="0.90"
Check_Altitude_1="0.80"
Check_LOC_1="0.70"
Check_Altitude_2="0.60"
Check_LOC_2="0.50"
Check_Altitude_3="0.40"
Check_LOC_3="0.30"/>
<!-- Define Thresholds angles (in degrees) -->
<LSO_Thresholds
TooHigh_Angle="1.0"
TooLow_Angle="-0.5"
LOC_Angle="1.5"/>
<!-- Define Long Range Lineup properties -->
<!-- Distances are in nmiles -->
<LR_LineUp
Distance_Max="10.0"
Distance_Min="0.55"
Insert_Dist="0.50"/>
</Parameters>
<!-- Sound File Lists -->
<SoundFileList>
<SoundFiles Language="FR"
Wire1="FR_BrinNumero1.wav"
Wire1_msg="Brin numéro 1!"
Wire2="FR_BrinNumero2.wav"
Wire2_msg="Brin numéro 2!"
Wire3="FR_BrinNumero3.wav"
Wire3_msg="Brin numéro 3!"
Wire4="FR_BrinNumero4.wav"
Wire4_msg="Brin numéro 4!"
TooHigh="FR_TropHaut.wav"
TooHigh_msg="Trop haut!"
TooLow="FR_TropBas.wav"
TooLow_msg="Trop bas!"
LineUp="FR_Alignement.wav"
LineUp_msg="Alignement!"
CallBall="FR_AnnonceMirroir.wav"
CallBall_msg="Annonce miroir!"
WaveOff="FR_WaveOffWaveOff.wav"
WaveOff_msg="Wave Off! Wave Off!"/>
<SoundFiles Language="US"
Wire1="US_TrapOneWire.wav"
Wire1_msg="Wire number 1!"
Wire2="US_TrapTwoWire.wav"
Wire2_msg="Wire number 2!"
Wire3="US_TrapThreeWire.wav"
Wire3_msg="Wire number 3!"
Wire4="US_TrapFourWire.wav"
Wire4_msg="Wire number 4!"
TooHigh="US_YoureHigh.wav"
TooHigh_msg="Too high!"
TooLow="US_YoureLow.wav"
TooLow_msg="Too low!"
LineUp="US_YoureDrifting.wav"
LineUp_msg="Line up!"
CallBall="US_CallTheBall.wav"
CallBall_msg="Call the ball!"
WaveOff="US_WaveOffRepeat.wav"
WaveOff_msg="Wave Off! Wave Off!"/>
</SoundFileList>

delta_lima
February 5th, 2021, 09:09
PS - should add I'm running P3Dv4.5, W7. Yeah, go ahead and laugh ... :biggrin-new:

Just in case that matters.

dl

mpni
February 5th, 2021, 10:09
All seems OK.
So have a look to the Requirements :
- Redistribuable Microsoft Visual C++ x86 or x64 as system specification
- Microsoft.NET Framework
- Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client which is installed with the simulator.
Are the msi simconnect installed?
You will find they here:
:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface (ESPv1, FSX-RTM, FSX-SP1)
Regards
Michel

delta_lima
February 5th, 2021, 16:46
All seems OK.
So have a look to the Requirements :
- Redistribuable Microsoft Visual C++ x86 or x64 as system specification
- Microsoft.NET Framework
- Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client which is installed with the simulator.
Are the msi simconnect installed?
You will find they here:
:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface (ESPv1, FSX-RTM, FSX-SP1)
Regards
Michel

Hi Michel,

So yes and no. Those were installed in my default install - here: C:\P3DV4\redist\Interface. I have 6 folders there - the 3 you mention, plus 3 more (FSX-RTM-JPN, FSX-SP1-RUS, and FSX-SP2-XPACK).

My addons normally get added here: C:\Users\ME\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

Thanks,

Daniel

mpni
February 5th, 2021, 22:05
Not necessary installing Japan, Russian and Xpack.

delta_lima
February 6th, 2021, 07:28
Not necessary installing Japan, Russian and Xpack.

Fair enough, it’s where it was all installed by default, though I mentioned only to aid in troubleshooting.

More importantly, though, is that not where those folders should be located?

mpni
February 7th, 2021, 06:39
You can open your control panel and see at the program list if Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client and Microsoft ESP SimConnect Client are present.

delta_lima
February 7th, 2021, 20:57
You can open your control panel and see at the program list if Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client and Microsoft ESP SimConnect Client are present.

Confirmed.

ESP client v1.0.0.20.0
SimConnect clients v10.0.61259.0, v10.0.60905.0, v10.0.61242.0

C++ redistributable v14.28.29325

dl

mpni
February 8th, 2021, 02:38
All seems OK too
"...But what is odd is that no LSO sounds are present on any aircraft - except for the Dino TA-4J Skyhawk..."
Could you confirm that the sounds you heard are sounds which they are in \Gauges\RFN_Sounds?

dhazelgrove
February 8th, 2021, 06:24
Do you have the right version of vLSO installed? There were errors, so it's been rolled back - see here (http://vlso.blogspot.com/).

Dave

delta_lima
February 8th, 2021, 19:18
All seems OK too
"...But what is odd is that no LSO sounds are present on any aircraft - except for the Dino TA-4J Skyhawk..."
Could you confirm that the sounds you heard are sounds which they are in \Gauges\RFN_Sounds?

Yes - they're definitely the RFN Sounds. I played al the wav files, and they're the exact ones I hear when either the TA-4J or F/A-18 RFN gauge is locked to a carrier or FCLP.

dl

mpni
February 8th, 2021, 23:01
As Dave says, do you use vLSO?
If you use vLSO is vLSO ON in the RFN carrier gauge when you heard the sounds?

delta_lima
February 9th, 2021, 07:41
Hi Dave and Michel,

Yeah, I wondered about vLSO also.

For the purpose of isolating the problem, I deleted all vLSO apps and any references thereto from my hard drive early on in this whole process. It's been gone for a week now.

dl

mpni
February 9th, 2021, 23:46
So, can you have a look at your options/Sound/Primary playback device, Voice playback and Voice capture device.
Try with another system sound in the lists.

delta_lima
February 10th, 2021, 21:49
So, can you have a look at your options/Sound/Primary playback device, Voice playback and Voice capture device.
Try with another system sound in the lists.

Thanks. Sounds all work fine, and that includes the RFN F-8 click sounds that was asked a few posts back.

I reinstalled again, deactivating my antivirus. I also changed the nav 1 and 2 radio reference on all the intended planes to be 1,0,0. Some where 1,1,0. Now the sounds work on the first plane I load; but if I switch planes to any other tactical naval jet other than the FSXBA Hornet or the Dino Skyhawk, then the sounds usually doesn’t work. Around 75% of the time. If I then load up either the F-18 or A-4, then they usually work, again around 75% of the time. Very odd.

I should add that I also am missing the FLOLS trailers always, whether LSO sounds are present or not. In some cases, usually when the sounds are working, I see the 2x LSOs. But around 50% of the time they’re not visible, sound or no sound.

Again, strange behaviours but at least the lights work on all FCLP sites and carriers that I’ve tried, so that’s good.

Cheers,

Daniel Lopez

mpni
February 11th, 2021, 01:29
Hi DL
Better not deactivate the antivirus bat make a specific rule for ignoring P3D folder.

delta_lima
February 11th, 2021, 07:23
Hi DL
Better not deactivate the antivirus bat make a specific rule for ignoring P3D folder.

Yeah, the antivirus was deactivated just for installation, which I believe the manual suggests to try. Another issue I noticed is I can't get the NG version of the gauge to tune/change freqs, only the classic version.

I think this isn't going to get sorted, to be honest. It sounds like no one else has these issues, and since it's intermittent, I can only assume it's something system-related. I grant that running W7 still may not be doing me many favours, for what it's worth.

At the moment, the lights work perfectly, and at least half the time, I get the LSO calls too, and I can tune with the classic gauge, and the "move to" function works fine, under the classic gauge. The remaining issues being the NG gauge being inoperable and the FLOL trailers being invisible are pretty minor, in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks for trying, and if/when I upgrade to W10, perhaps things will be smoother.

cheers,

dl

mpni
February 11th, 2021, 10:52
Have a look at the section 4-4

4-4) Malfunction and interference
Some cases of malfunction have been reported (retreat of the airplane before catapulting, no acceleration during catapulting, erratic LSO announces, displacement under the deck with the "Go To" function, …). Although the gauge can coexist with any software, FSinn, Addon Manager, Couatl, SODE, RAAS, ... seem to interfer sometimes. By disabling or uninstalling them, the functioning should return to normal. SODE seems to not interfer on P3Dv3.
If necessary, SODEPlatformManager.exe temporarily disables SODE.
Note that some of this software can be installed automatically when installing aircraft or scenery.

The double arrow of the NG box may, in some cases, not work.
First, choose an airplane with an "Avionic Master" button and set it to "ON". Then change the plane and take the one equipped with the RFN gauge then perform a test of the frequency toggle button.
It is also possible that this situation results from the default flight that can be corrected in the configuration file. For FSX-Acc, FSX-SE open with notepad ++ the default flight .flt file found in \ Documents \ Flight Simulator X Files and search for the [Avionics.0] section.
If the value of AvionicsSwitch = False put it on AvionicsSwitch = True.
For P3D the .fxml file of the recorded flight is in \ Documents \ Prepar3D vx Files.
Make a Backup of original files.

No function with TACAN buttons
Standby frequency must be non-operative. In the [Radios] section of aircraft.cfg file, turn to 0 the second parameter of Nav2 (or Nav1 if used). Example: Nav.2 = 1, 0, 0

No function with Nav2 or Nav1
In the section [Radios] of aircraft.cfg file, Nav2 or Nav1 must be active with value 1 in the first parameter:
[Radios]
Nav.1 =1, 0, 0
Nav.2 =1, 0, 0
In case of absence of the section [Radios] you need to add it in the aircraft.cfg file.

delta_lima
February 19th, 2021, 21:11
Hi Michel,

Yes, nav radios 1 and 2 are both 1,0,0. I used to have SODE, but for sake of problem-solving, I removed it. I did the master_switch=true setting change and I can now get it to work almost fully reliably, but only on classic gauge, and not on NG. And still no FLOLS trailers or LSOs on the side.

All in all, not bad ... I could live with it.

Thanks,

dl

mpni
February 20th, 2021, 02:52
Hi dl
The classic gauge doesn't use the stand by frequency. So if this section is incomplete, it will be interesting for us to know what happens.

First, choose an airplane with an "Avionic Master" button and set it to "ON". Then change the plane and take the one equipped with the RFN gauge then perform a test of the frequency toggle button.
It is also possible that this situation results from the default flight that can be corrected in the configuration file. For FSX-Acc, FSX-SE open with notepad ++ the default flight .flt file found in \ Documents \ Flight Simulator X Files and search for the [Avionics.0] section.
For P3D the .fxml file of the recorded flight is in \ Documents \ Prepar3D vx Files.

... And still no FLOLS trailers or LSOs on the side...
What I have to understand? No signal or no FLOLS trailers?
FLOLS trailers are in the RFN FCLP scenery and the signal is called with RFN_Carrier.xml and VEH_FLOLS_Trailer which is in \SimObjects\Boats
Have a look in the content error.

delta_lima
February 20th, 2021, 22:30
Hi dl
The classic gauge doesn't use the stand by frequency. So if this section is incomplete, it will be interesting for us to know what happens.

... And still no FLOLS trailers or LSOs on the side...
What I have to understand? No signal or no FLOLS trailers?
FLOLS trailers are in the RFN FCLP scenery and the signal is called with RFN_Carrier.xml and VEH_FLOLS_Trailer which is in \SimObjects\Boats
Have a look in the content error.

I’ve confirmed default flight in default AC114 has avionicsswitch = true.

I have FLOL lights working fine. Just no trailers or LSO visible ever.

Thanks Michel,

DL

mpni
February 21st, 2021, 03:08
Hi dl
Can you test this v5 RFN-FCLP scenery (WIP)?
Let me know your feedback.
Regards
Michel
http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia.fr/Test/RFN-FCLP/RFN-FCLP.zip
You will also find a gauge working fine on all default TACAN in P3Dv5.

delta_lima
February 24th, 2021, 16:17
Hi dl
Can you test this v5 RFN-FCLP scenery (WIP)?
Let me know your feedback.
Regards
Michel
http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia.fr/Test/RFN-FCLP/RFN-FCLP.zip
You will also find a gauge working fine on all default TACAN in P3Dv5.

Hi Michel,

The good news is the attached pack cured the trailers problem - now I've got FLOLS trailers (except as noted below) but now unfortunately the intermittent LSO voice issue has come back. I'm going to take a deeper look tonight at how I merged the new gauge folders.

The exceptions were with airfields where there was an MAIW scenery - eg: NAS Miramar. The lights appear, but not the trailers. So I think the MAIW Matrix structure (which forces itself to the top of all the scenery layers) doesn't interop with the RFN FLOL trailer bgls. At least the lights work, so that's not an issue. But on fields like Meridian, and Kingsville, both lights and trailers work fine.

So if you're running MAIW Matrix with all their scenery, your choice is either a) disable any specific MAIW airfields you want to have trailers on, and instead substitute those suggested by RFN, or have the nice MAIW airfields but no trailers, just the lights.

I'll play around some more, but that seems to be the tradeoff. I'll see if I can get to he bottom of the sounds issue again.

dl

mpni
February 25th, 2021, 02:38
Hi DL
Normally, if the RFN FCLp is number one in the priority, there is nothing to make with all specific sceneries.
Is RFN FCLP priority one?
Try this for testing.

delta_lima
February 25th, 2021, 10:29
Hi DL
Normally, if the RFN FCLp is number one in the priority, there is nothing to make with all specific sceneries.
Is RFN FCLP priority one?
Try this for testing.

Hi Michel,

As I mentioned, no; the highest I can make the RFN scenery is AFTER all the MAIW layers, and I can't modify that that - I'd have to uninstall all the MAIW Matrix setup. Those MAIW layers are "greyed out" in the scenery priority list - can't be moved. So the highest is about 5 or so from the top. So I feel confident guessing there's a conflict - both the MAIW and RFN FLOLS "scenery" need to be on top, and that means on MAIW naval fields, the FLOLS trailers won't show up.

Not RFN's fault, of course, just a classic "interoperability" problem that I don't think can be solved by a lowly user like me.

To be honest, I can live with not having the trailers on the MAIW fields - the bigger issue is for me is why the LSO calls don't happen consistently - and I think I'm fuzzy on what I should have installed on this new gauge contents vs what used to be on the v5 on the gauge. I'll keep looking.

thx,

Daniel

mpni
February 25th, 2021, 11:35
I understand now.
1) This is not a conflict. This is only priority scenery issue.
Each scenery has his exclude file.
So, if MAIW scenery is above RFN FCLP scenery, the exclude desabled all objects which are in the zone.
It seems the MAIW install is made with an add-on.xml in \Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons?
We are working to do the same. So the scenery package will can take the place you want.
2) But the FLOLS can take place with the RFNcarriergauge for specific FCLP
Have a look page 23 of the RFN_CarrierGauge.pdf
You will find the FLOLS name to use for having FLOLS.
Try with FLOLS_Name="VEH_FLOLS_Trailer_Orange" in the RFN_carrier.xml each FCLP you need do that.
First, do a test on only one FCLP.
Regards
Michel