PDA

View Full Version : Wish things would just "work" correctly

LouP
February 24th, 2018, 08:12
I downloaded the Milviz MD530 for p3d v4 last night and was looking forward to taking it for a flight but the cyclic keeps returning to the full aft position on it's own. It works fine when I shut the aircraft down but as soon as I start it up and get it running, it moves full aft again. I am thinking it has something to do with the force trim they were using but I see no adjustments for that in the configurator and there are no switches in the cockpit to turn it off. Anybody else run into this and if you fixed it, could you share how you corrected it?

Thanks,
LouP

deimos256
February 24th, 2018, 12:44
Do you by chance have elevator trim tied to an axis? I fought this issue on the md530 many years ago then I realized that my trim axis wasn’t centered. Also did MV finally make the 530 v4 compatible?

Penzoil3
February 24th, 2018, 13:35
Yes, it is now compatible. Download the latest installer from the support forum.
Lou, I don't have that problem either. I agree, check all you control assignments.
Sue

LouP
February 24th, 2018, 15:21
Hi Guys,

I have a profile for helis in fsuipc that I use. I will check the settings to see if the trim is set up anywhere. I'm wondering if the force trim is still set-up somehow.

LouP

LouP
February 25th, 2018, 06:10
Don't see any elevator trim in fsuipc.ini or the p3d.config. Any where else I could be looking?

LouP

LouP
February 25th, 2018, 11:19
Got it resolved. There were some buttons assigned to elevator trim on my heli controls. May have been left over from the prior version but all is good now. :-)

LouP

deimos256
February 25th, 2018, 12:33
Glad to hear it. I knew it had to be related to trim since I had the same problem with the same helo