PDA

View Full Version : WT Frich Is This?

harleyman
February 15th, 2009, 07:15
Anyone have a clue?

FSX is tuned and steady as a rock..It looks great....

Then I saw this....Its causing no problems...BUT

Hopefully the new stronger PSU will make it go away.....If not I'm clueless and not happy....LOL

will_b
February 15th, 2009, 07:40
I had the same problem, I think it has to do with the video card memory getting filled up.

Try to adjust some of the video settings back to the left or see about upgrading to a card with more memory.

kilo delta
February 15th, 2009, 07:47
Looks to be a gfx driver issue.

harleyman
February 15th, 2009, 07:47
Thanks for that......:applause:

I have a 4870X2 ATI card with plenty of memory........

But I have been adjusting it some....I will go back anh look into it more....

harleyman
February 15th, 2009, 07:48
Looks to be a gfx driver issue.

I was thinking that too...

I am using the new ATI 9.1 and never seen it before that...

I'll try the 8,12 again..

Thanks.....:friday:

Update...... I went back to the 8.12 driver and all is good...Wonder why it choose now to do that as its been installed a week now....Perhaps all the config tweaking and CCC tweaking has done it..... Now to get that micro-stutter out that came back with the 8.12

Wiens
February 15th, 2009, 09:47
Mason,

I had the same issue when I tried to set the CCC settings on max and OC the GPU and graphics memory too much. I moved the settings back a wee bit and the blurred ATC menu went away.

I have a ASUS ATI HD3870X2 with 1 gig of memory. It did it regardless of the version of driver I had installed but it was really bad with the 8.12 drivers. I currently am using the 9.1 with nary a problem.

Kevin

Lionheart
February 15th, 2009, 10:48
It looks to me like you are intercepting a coded Romulan transmission that is scrambled..

:d

Bill

harleyman
February 15th, 2009, 11:37
It looks to me like you are intercepting a coded Romulan transmission that is scrambled..

:d

Bill

Crazy Man..........LOL Hi ya Bill and Kevin.....

I'm just sitting down to redo the config from start again....LOL Can you say fun?

But once its there..It was looking beautiful and smooth as its gonna get I think....

dadmod
February 15th, 2009, 16:21
Harleyman....
I have an HIS IceQ4 ATI 4850 with 512MB memory. Your example looks very much like something I experienced. With both 8.12 and 9.1 drivers I was able to get rid of that corruption by placing the mip-map detail slider full right ("Quality") position.
Roy

bkeske
February 15th, 2009, 17:09
Anyone have a clue?

FSX is tuned and steady as a rock..It looks great....

Then I saw this....Its causing no problems...BUT

Hopefully the new stronger PSU will make it go away.....If not I'm clueless and not happy....LOL

I believe you are a little high for that approach harley....other than that, I think everything looks fine through my bifocals :caked:

harleyman
February 15th, 2009, 18:13
I believe you are a little high for that approach harley....other than that, I think everything looks fine through my bifocals :caked:

LOL Yea I was... It was a typical deploy gear and flaps and slam it down.......:d

Actually I wasen't landing...Just opened the ATC to look at the letters :caked: Nothing like a pie in the face........LOL

But the 8.12 drivers fixed it right up......Man..When will ATI get some real drivers for my card??? :faint: