PDA

View Full Version : Transfering Control Settings

IanHenry
February 22nd, 2018, 10:40
Hi,
I've just completed a re-format of my computer and installed DCS World and installed my modules. I saved the "Saved Games" folder from my previous installation and dropped the "input" folder into saved games on my new install hoping that my control settings would be re-instated, however when I ran DCS World my controls were not there. I was hoping to avoid having to re set all the controls for my aircraft (not a small job), is there any way I can import them to the new install?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ian

Phantom88
February 22nd, 2018, 13:51
Hello Henry,Did you try to copy over the Config.folder from your "Saved Games"? I think that's the one with control settings.

IanHenry
February 23rd, 2018, 00:22
Oh thanks Phantom, I'll give that a try.

Regards,
Ian

Phantom88
February 24th, 2018, 10:17
Hello Ian,Did you have any luck? I'm hoping the advise I gave was helpful instead of frustrating.

IanHenry
February 25th, 2018, 00:50
Hi Phantom,
Yes it worked a treat, at first I didn't think it was going to work but playing around with it I discovered that, on the controls page you need to click on a "box" for an individual controller (for example your Rudder pedals) and then import the Rudder pedal file for that aircraft, you have to do it for every controller and for every aircraft, but it saves a massive amount of work, so many thanks for that.

One more question if I may, on the Graphics set up page there's a box for HDR but it's greyed out, do you know how to make that setting active?

Many thanks for your help Phantom, you really have saved me a lot of frustrating work:untroubled:

Regards,
Ian

Phantom88
February 25th, 2018, 05:28
Cheers Ian,That's fantastic that you figured it out,HDR in Graphics settings is probably grayed out because you have Deffered Shading selected as an option,I believe the two counter act each other.

IanHenry
February 25th, 2018, 10:00
Thanks again Phantom. I hope the info on control settings is helpful to anyone else who needs to re-install.

Regards,
Ian