PDA

View Full Version : Free sick bags!

SiR_RiPPER
February 22nd, 2018, 06:11
With the MiG-17 sitting in the back burner for a bit in favor of the CVN-68 which is feverishly worked on, I thought we should show off some of the new naval stuff our ship programmer has been working on.

The new thing in this deck is that motion of the ship is a factor of wind direction, strength and the ship itself. We're generating waves based on wind and calculating the ship's motion based on its geometry. Trapping an aircraft on this deck is more challenging than the regular garden pool sailing that we're used to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtGZTbKh5Fs&feature=youtu.be

Unfortunately, P3D doesn't allow for breaking waves and foam yet. While the above should work in FSX, it won't look as good for obvious reasons.

Daube
February 22nd, 2018, 06:21
Well, I'm impressed. Your arrestor cables were already pretty cool, and that's kind of the icing on the cake for the carrier ops fans.

jeansy
February 22nd, 2018, 06:34
hows the p3d v4 tacpack update going, it appears the link in your sig for the F4B is a dead link

SiR_RiPPER
February 22nd, 2018, 07:36
hows the p3d v4 tacpack update going, it appears the link in your sig for the F4B is a dead link

The update is ready to go but held back. We're in the middle of a server transfer gone wrong and right now we don't have e-mail, forum or anything to provide support if needed, therefore I don't want to send the update out.

Well, I'm impressed. Your arrestor cables were already pretty cool, and that's kind of the icing on the cake for the carrier ops fans.
The pitching deck is indeed the icing, but noone has seen the cake yet... ;)

Navy Chief
February 22nd, 2018, 14:53
I have to say, Alex, you have mastered the art of teasing! NC :very_drunk:

strykerpsg
February 22nd, 2018, 16:22
Unfortunately, P3D doesn't allow for breaking waves and foam yet. While the above should work in FSX, it won't look as good for obvious reasons.

Fantastic news sir. Thank you for the very informative video. Your quote above answers my other question regarding P3D. Hopefully that is forthcoming, since LM is a huge DOD contractor and I am sure, their P3D engine is used for other things in the naval realm, considering they offer bathysphere topography.

jeansy
February 22nd, 2018, 19:41
The update is ready to go but held back. We're in the middle of a server transfer gone wrong and right now we don't have e-mail, forum or anything to provide support if needed, therefore I don't want to send the update out.

The pitching deck is indeed the icing, but noone has seen the cake yet... ;)

Thanks for the update

expat
February 23rd, 2018, 00:35
Quite a development. Made me a bit queasy to watch to the end. I already have enough problems trapping in calm seas! Great to have the this added realism - thanks.