PDA

View Full Version : Aeroplane Heaven / Just Flight Spitfire is out

stovall
February 22nd, 2018, 06:03
Aeroplane Heaven / Just Flight Spitfire is out.
https://www.justflight.com/product/dunkirk-spitfire

Daube
February 22nd, 2018, 06:40
A beautiful 3D model of a beautiful plane. The price is very reasonable too.

gary20
February 22nd, 2018, 18:46
P3Dv4.2 crashes to desktop when selecting a different aircraft or when exiting !!
Am I the only one ?

jeansy
February 22nd, 2018, 19:36
I'll stick eith realair for now until A2A update theirs

Ive been burnt by Aeroplane Heaven too many times with bug filled and incomplete products that are to date still not fixed

gary20
February 22nd, 2018, 19:46
I was just reading on the Justflight forums that this was previously an issue with a number of aircraft.
I assume they fixed the problem, but I cant find any reference to it.
Aeroplane Heaven don't appear to have a forum.
Hope it's fixed .....

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31691&title=p3d-v4-crashes

wombat666
February 22nd, 2018, 20:18
I'll stick eith realair for now until A2A update theirs

Hell will have frozen over before that happens Matt!
:173go1:

bazzar
February 22nd, 2018, 20:27
We are working on the issue, a fix will be available very soon. :engel016:

jeansy
February 22nd, 2018, 21:15
Hell will have frozen over before that happens Matt!
:173go1:

Apparently global warming is true and there is a possibility if you ask the greens

wombat666
February 23rd, 2018, 00:20
I looked over their 'to do' list on Facebook and I think anything like the Spitfire is so far down the page it doesn't exist.
Some of the projects are so old I'd forgotten about them!
:adoration:
Granted, this lot are not as off with the Pixies like Milviz but a lowly single piston engined 'British' fighter dating back to 1940 doesn't fit anymore.
Global warming, sure is and we are right in the middle of 'La Nina' event.
Probably going to alternate between rain and high humidity when I'm at the World Superbike Championship round this weekend, not a happy prospect when riding to and from PI on a 1190cc Sports Bike.......:triumphant:

jeansy
February 23rd, 2018, 04:51
i know about wet and humidity I live in NT we just had over 560mm in 4 days and humidity is normally 80%+ from 7000-2300 daily

like i said, my preference is with realair and A2A, at least you know what you are getting when you click on buy

Rami
February 23rd, 2018, 05:45
Hey guys,

Not that I want to step into a pit of snakes here or anything, but just saying thank you, or taking some time to say what you like before delving into something less complimentary works wonders in letting people know you appreciate their efforts.

It takes a long time to put something like this together. If you think you can build a better railroad, great. We need that ambition in the world. But then don't complain if the spikes are tougher to drive into the ground than you thought. It's real easy to armchair quarterback, but developing is another matter.

Good job, Bazzar. I love the pics, maybe if I ever get Prepar3D V4 I'll purchase it!

stovall
February 23rd, 2018, 05:54
Rami, this beauty works perfectly in Prepar3D v4. Highly recommend both.

A warning, designer bashing will not be tolerated here. This thread is designed for constructive comments about a long awaited product. Thanks to AH for all your hard work on a great Spitfire.

gary20
February 23rd, 2018, 07:20
We are working on the issue, a fix will be available very soon. :engel016:

Thanks Baz

wombat666
February 23rd, 2018, 07:27
Looks good and flies great!
Thanks to Baz, AH and JF.
She's a keeper. :encouragement:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1374x744q90/r/924/ywPAxy.jpg

'Summer Scramble'

AussieMan
February 23rd, 2018, 13:04
I can tell you that I was on the beta team right from the start and can assure it worked perfectly in P3D V4, 4.1 and 4.2. I allowed it to install outside the sim and when changing aircraft or shutting down the sim I had no problems with CTDs. Maybe I was lucky or just blessed.

A big thank you to Bazz and the AH/JF team for producing such a great aircraft. Learning to fly MKI with the pump up undercarriage was a real learning curve. I haven't got around to buying the released version yet as I have been chasing up doctor's appointments regarding a hip replacement.

CavOk
February 24th, 2018, 04:25
Just installed into P3D 4.2 without issues. Thanks to all at AH for this. I have to say it's far superior to the earlier AH Spit.
Now I'm looking forward to a new AH Hurricane??

bazzar
February 24th, 2018, 22:13
Just to confirm, a revised update with the CTD fix is now available from Just FLight. A more comprehensive SP/Update is also on the way.:engel016:

paulb
February 25th, 2018, 00:36
I just wanted to say that I purchased it yesterday.

Excellent work! I am really enjoying flying it in P3Dv4.

Well done!

bazzar
February 25th, 2018, 00:40
Great to hear, thanks very much.:engel016:

gary20
February 25th, 2018, 08:18
Just to confirm, a revised update with the CTD fix is now available from Just FLight. A more comprehensive SP/Update is also on the way.:engel016:

Thanks very much Baz
On my way to get it.

Gary

gary20
February 25th, 2018, 08:32
Thanks again Baz

No more CTD's and working a treat.
Appreciate your prompt response to the issue.

I just love the 19 Squadron version with the Watts prop - truly a thing of beauty.
I cant stop flying it :)

Best wishes

Gary

blanston12
February 25th, 2018, 09:00
I just installed the new Dunkirk Spit into my P3D v4.1 setup and had a few issues.
It first asked where my P3D install was and then asked if I wanted to install as an external add-on, I selected that option but it did not then ask where to install it, installing it into "C:\Users\Joe\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons"
I don't install my add-ons there so I moved it and updated my add-ons.cfg file so it had it.
It really should ask the inside/external question first and then ask where do you want to place it.

Second issue, my first take off I went full throttle and the engine soon started to smoke, but the smoke was going the wrong direction, see the image.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58551&stc=1

I then tried to restart and keep the boost to a manageable level. Could not get it to not overheat and die, I tried switching to a different model, a non spit and then back, finally quit completely and reload, keeping the boost at zero and still did it. Right not its not very usable for me.

Edit: I turned off auto mixture and it stopped overheating, but the other issues remain.

bazzar
February 25th, 2018, 13:04
There should be a final screen (with picture) on the installer which tells you to turn off automixture. Please take a few seconds to read it. We cannot code the the two stage mixture control in these early Spitfires and allow automixture to be left on. It is quite clear in the installer. The installation into a choice of locations is not our doing but P3DV4. You have an option now to install in a separate add-ons folder and select the aircraft from there when in the sim or install as you have always done, into the main sim aircraft folder. The installer simply gives you that option via radio buttons.

We are releasing a Service Pack/Upgrade very soon with some mods and improvements. Watch out for the notification.:engel016:

blanston12
February 25th, 2018, 14:06
There should be a final screen (with picture) on the installer which tells you to turn off automixture. Please take a few seconds to read it. We cannot code the the two stage mixture control in these early Spitfires and allow automixture to be left on. It is quite clear in the installer.

Your right, it is in the installer, I just ignored them at first and paid the price.

The installation into a choice of locations is not our doing but P3DV4. You have an option now to install in a separate add-ons folder and select the aircraft from there when in the sim or install as you have always done, into the main sim aircraft folder. The installer simply gives you that option via radio buttons.

Actually you do have a choice of locations when installing outside, I figured out how to do it by studying how the installer for Ant's airplanes T-28A did it, in this case after running the install for the Dunkirk spit, I simply moved the folder from where it was installed to my preferred location and then made these entries into C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg

[Package.10]
PATH=D:\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Dunkirk Spitfire
TITLE=Dunkirk Spitfire
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

I am very much looking forward to your next update, the new spit looks great and its a very nice addition to the hanger.

UnknownGuest12
February 26th, 2018, 15:35
Going to wait and buy this bird as soon SP is out. BTW is there a date for P-47? Want that one as well...
Regards

UnknownGuest12
March 8th, 2018, 08:47
Finally bought the bird...love to fly it even after a water strike and a bent propeller. Engine kept running normally. Must be my P3D v 4 config at the time.
Beautifull work.

Regards

dougal
March 9th, 2018, 01:44
Despite being broke, I'm not gonna be able to resist this baby. Most people say one can never have enough Mustangs, but for me its Spits;-) Spits, Spits and more Spits....

How are the sounds guys? Nothing worse than a great looking bird but without immersive sounds - ESPECIALLY when it comes to this engine!

Stefano Zibell
April 11th, 2018, 16:50
This is now available on steam and I want to buy it. Just wanted to know: is there any difference in that version?

And also: will the P-47 be released there as well?

Edit: Sorry, should probably post on the FSX forums.

wombat666
April 11th, 2018, 20:51
This is now available on steam and I want to buy it. Just wanted to know: is there any difference in that version?

And also: will the P-47 be released there as well?

Edit: Sorry, should probably post on the FSX forums.

With all due respect I'd suggest you get it from Just Flight or a similar vendor.
The latest update came through earlier this week from Just Flight, now at v1.3.
As for the P47, no idea, probably end up on Steam but I really don't know.
:encouragement:

Adamski_NZ
April 21st, 2018, 19:02
I just got the Spitfire from JF yesterday and am delighted with it.

As regards the installer, I too was a little confused about the "outside P3D" option. You can have total control over how/where an install goes (see also the previous post about Ant's installer). It's not a limitation in P3D - it's actually a feature/blessing. I've devised a semi-automated installer system, fully documented here: http://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=P3D

I have a couple of *tiny* niggles with the Spitfire model though.

I understand the limitations of 2-stage mixture levers in the early Spitfires, but I have no VC animations for either propeller or mixture controls in the early version. The tooltips update the values (and the engine responds accordingly) but the the levers won't move when using the default axis control mappings (though they can be moved with the mouse). Both work fine on the later variants.

Credit where credit's due, though - here's why I still love it!

Post-restoration test flight (near Auckland, NZAA - amazing range these Spitfires have!):
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/04/21/jf_spitire_01_598_1350.jpg

A remembrance fly-past over modern-day Dunkerque:
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/04/22/jf_spitfire_05_1350.jpg

Adam.

Daube
April 22nd, 2018, 14:32
Adam, that first shot is really superb ! I had to look closely to understand if it was a simulator shot or a real picture :applause:

Adamski_NZ
April 23rd, 2018, 06:06
Adam, that first shot is really superb ! I had to look closely to understand if it was a simulator shot or a real picture :applause:
Thanks! The sea climbing up the terrain is a bit of a give-away though! :biggrin-new:

Kudos to the airraft modellers (Just Flight / Aeroplane Heaven) and ORBX (FTX NZNI/NZAA). I just set up a nice time of day (crucial for decent shadows) and clicked! I have to admit I was rather taken aback by the result though!

gary20
August 13th, 2020, 09:44
I'm looking for the paint kit, can anyone help?

Best wishes

Gary