PDA

View Full Version : Who needs that - Clickspots!

Christian Bahr
February 22nd, 2018, 02:04
Hello.

News from the category "Who needs that".

I am also always with the avatar on the way to make discoveries. One of these discoveries showed that it is possible to operate an airplane from the outside. But it depends on the aircraft, or from which manufacturer it is and how it was programmed - programmed in the sense of Clickspots.

Clickspots are small areas in the virtual cockpit, which can be reached with the mouse. So you can open and close doors with a mouse click, or "operate" the sun visor and the window. One of these machines with easily accessible clickspots is the vintage from Ants Airplanes. It is the Freeware De Havilland Tiger Moth (http://www.antsairplanes.com/freeanddemos.html):

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58435&stc=1
Picture 1: Here are the clickspots of the doors and the Throttle and Mixture

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58436&stc=1
Picture 2: Clickspots for magnetic switch and for the propeller. The machine starts when you touch the propeller and turn it over

Not only you can operate the doors in Avatar mode, it can also operate the throttle lever, the mixture lever and the magnetic switch. The highlight, however, is that you can fire the propeller: Just touch the propeller with the mouse and overturn the propeller. And boom, the machine starts - without you sitting in it. Somehow funny, the whole thing.

I still do not know what all this can be of benefit. But where something is feasible, the ideas come on their own.

Daube
February 22nd, 2018, 03:09
I noticed that too some time ago, but didn't test much yet.
One of the interesting things is when you are flying in network with some friends, using programs like JoinFS that instantiate all "simobjects" automatically.
That means that when you switch to avatar mode, all other players see your avatar appearing and walking around.

Technically, you could simulate some kind of ground service with that. Like, one of you would push the propeller of other players around... but I don't know if that would really work, as I'm not sure the external clicks are transmitted to the corresponding aircraft on the network...

Christian Bahr
February 22nd, 2018, 08:01
One of the interesting things is when you are flying in network with some friends, using programs like JoinFS that instantiate all "simobjects" automatically.
That means that when you switch to avatar mode, all other players see your avatar appearing and walking around.

Technically, you could simulate some kind of ground service with that. Like, one of you would push the propeller of other players around... but I don't know if that would really work, as I'm not sure the external clicks are transmitted to the corresponding aircraft on the network...

That's a very good tip. I've also recently been working with JoinFS on online flights. But the avatar mode during the online session I have not tried yet. This will be made up next time.
It could be very possible for someone to sit in the plane while another (service employee) turns on the propeller. Very interesting point.