PDA

View Full Version : helis in 4.2

LouP
February 19th, 2018, 16:23
Is it just my imagination or has anyone else noticed that helis seem to be flying better in version 4.2. Also, has anyone figured out how to start the new ch-53 that LM gave to us with this update?

LouP

jeansy
February 19th, 2018, 17:11
its the old dated nemeth ch53, hence why its now a freebie

there is no quick start, however there are some utube videos on starting it

LouP
February 19th, 2018, 17:22
Ah, I thought it looked familiar. Thanks, Matt.

LouP

expat
February 19th, 2018, 22:44
I can't get the free LM CH-53 - or any other of the default a/c - to even appear in v4 for some reason!

Daube
February 19th, 2018, 23:08
Ah, the CH-53 they included in P3Dv4.2 is from Nemeth ? I thought it was from Virtavia like the BlackHawks ?

jeansy
February 20th, 2018, 05:38
No its nemeth i have the other one, it was thier first fsx native

@ expat did you install content along with the cilent?

LouP
February 20th, 2018, 08:16
So I visited hovercontrol last night and per some posts there, LM did make a lot of changes to the helicopter model in an attempt to do something to fix the heli problems in the sim. The bad news is that the changes are now giving the creators of the new Dodosim problems and it's slowing down the release. But it might all be worth it from what I am experiencing :-)

LouP

expat
February 22nd, 2018, 01:02
My first P3D version was 4.0 and now on 4.1. Both client and content added initially and for the upgrade. Sorry, I have all the LM flyable defaults e.g., the Raptor, Connie, F-16 (non-working vc) working in the sim.

It's the default LM AI helos, CH-46, CH-53. The files are there in the right place, but adding these to traffic.bgl's continue to be no shows.

DaveWG
February 22nd, 2018, 03:07
It's the default LM AI helos, CH-46, CH-53. The files are there in the right place, but adding these to traffic.bgl's continue to be no shows.

Apparently AI helos can only follow waypoints and not flightplans, according to a post over at the LM forums, so the traffic.bgl method won't work.

expat
February 22nd, 2018, 05:05
Ah, thanks for the explanation.

LouP
February 22nd, 2018, 06:12
I was hoping that I would be seeing ai heli traffic with this update but not so sure now. I wish that heli traffic addon from years ago woukd be updated to work in p3d.

LouP

spatialpro
February 22nd, 2018, 07:25
My initial impression (I hope I'm wrong) is that AI helicopters are only present when programmed into a scenario.

Andy

LouP
February 22nd, 2018, 10:45
My initial impression (I hope I'm wrong) is that AI helicopters are only present when programmed into a scenario.

Andy

I believe that is true but I thought this was always the case, I may be wrong. I don't understand what the big point about helis was about with 4.2.

LouP

jeansy
February 22nd, 2018, 19:46
If your interested i was able to locate and configure the new 4.2 helo autopilot that works almost identical to Dirks HAP

Ive placed a link in the 4.2 update thread

jeansy
February 22nd, 2018, 19:51
I believe that is true but I thought this was always the case, I may be wrong. I don't understand what the big point about helis was about with 4.2.

LouP

It leaves the door open for 3rd party development if someone wishes

I had a quick play lastnight with a bit more code to the engine you should be able to have it 24/7

The problem we now face is we need fsx core built models fs9 converted have the usual control surfaces errors

expat
February 23rd, 2018, 00:21
I have never got the LM default CH-46 and CH-53 to even appear in the start up preview window in v4.0 and 4.1. Anyone else have this?

jeansy
February 23rd, 2018, 02:45
I have never got the LM default CH-46 and CH-53 to even appear in the start up preview window in v4.0 and 4.1. Anyone else have this?

Everyone wouldve had the same. Because they are ai for missions and not flyable, they were never meant to be flyable

The only ch53 thats flyabke is in the 4.2 content.exe

jeansy
February 23rd, 2018, 06:30
just on another note, you should be now able to merge the new MH-60R VC with the Aerosoft seahawk so you can have it flying again

spatialpro
February 26th, 2018, 12:42
I had a quick play lastnight with a bit more code to the engine you should be able to have it 24/7

The problem we now face is we need fsx core built models fs9 converted have the usual control surfaces errors

Regarding the first part... that sounds VERY promising!

As for the second part, if they can be made to be 24/7 it'd be the impetus for me to set to and use all the research material I've gathered to make a some new models...

Andy

jeansy
February 26th, 2018, 17:58
That extra code is outside my knowledge

Justflight are in the process of doing a new ai package, maybe if there is enough interest people might be able to convince Martyn to investigate and add them

Flight1 ulitmate live developers have gone quiet again and arent responding to requests and support on thier forums so it could be fair to say less than low probabilty from them

LouP
February 27th, 2018, 15:04
That extra code is outside my knowledge

Justflight are in the process of doing a new ai package, maybe if there is enough interest people might be able to convince Martyn to investigate and add them

Flight1 ulitmate live developers have gone quiet again and arent responding to requests and support on thier forums so it could be fair to say less than low probabilty from them

I know I'm just one person but I would pick that up in a heartbeat.

LouP

spatialpro
February 28th, 2018, 04:16
Make that two!

I've sorely missed Flight1's HeliTraffic 2009 (almost 10 yrs old!). I've been praying for a replacement since they stopped updating it