PDA

View Full Version : AS BlackBird X...ultra cheap

lazarus
February 14th, 2018, 13:57
so cheap it's free. Caveat Emptor! Illegitimo nil carborundum! Adhibere potest officium et tributa locorum! Pluma in longum deorsum volo vis titillare!

Umm...

Alpha SR-71A/B, native materials and format, Version Zero.
The flight model blows so bad. It's great up to transonic, in the circuit, take off and landing. It's a mess supersonic, even in autopilot. Side burner'd for a bit by the Northrop Wing's, so I didn't do anything with the FDE, panel, ect. Still needs a drag-chute in a bit, but the flight model desperately requires serious grinding.

link follows

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CWhPOp6VNRWNy2zNnark_jaG_XEU59YA

MrZippy
February 14th, 2018, 14:49
Pecunia loquitur ... .... Non habeo de aqua emi et malum gustavit simile lycopersiciSusceptibility pulmenti ... illud!

dvj
February 14th, 2018, 19:35
Pecunia loquitur ... .... Non habeo de aqua emi et malum gustavit simile lycopersiciSusceptibility pulmenti ... illud!

I left my harp, in......

Bjoern
February 15th, 2018, 02:40
Romani irae domum. Alea jacta est!

Not sure how Glowingheat worked around it or solved it, but flight dynamics at the very edge of FSX' envelope are a challenge in itself.

falcon409
February 15th, 2018, 03:06
A typical problem I had was after climbing to a decent altitude (40,000), setting AP for Alt and Hdg Hold, the airplane tracked just as I would expect. .. .however make even a slight adjustment in heading using the AP and the bird would push over into a negative-G loop, then recover at the top and track the new heading. The loss of altitude was usually about 20,000'. I also had one instance (actually the last one before I trashed the airplane and selected a model that would actually fly) where after it recovered from the loop it maintain a high angle of attack that was unrecoverable. Even after taking it out of AP, no amount of fwd stick pressure would lower the nose and no change in throttle setting had any affect on speed beyond the 192kias it was stuck on. Definitely has a problem.

MrZippy
February 15th, 2018, 04:24
I left my harp, in......

Sam Clam's disco, of course!:encouragement: