PDA

View Full Version : Private messages without reply...

Fulvio_61
February 13th, 2018, 02:50
Hello,
in the last month I wrote 5 private messages, of which two to the same person without receiving any answer. Am I wrong or something?

falcon409
February 13th, 2018, 03:46
Hello,
in the last month I wrote 5 private messages, of which two to the same person without receiving any answer. Am I wrong or something?
Nope, not wrong, some people simply don't check their PM's. I don't remember how PM's are handled through the system, but if you have to check a box that you want notification when you get a PM, some people may not check it. Otherwise there's no reason for people not to answer in a timely manner. Every time I have a PM I get a visible notice on the screen. . .it's pretty obvious you have a message waiting. Same way I feel about people who don't answer emails. . . .if you're not going to answer your emails then why have an email account at all. Just a short rant there.

MrZippy
February 13th, 2018, 05:12
Nope, not wrong, some people simply don't check their PM's. I don't remember how PM's are handled through the system, but if you have to check a box that you want notification when you get a PM, some people may not check it. Otherwise there's no reason for people not to answer in a timely manner. Every time I have a PM I get a visible notice on the screen. . .it's pretty obvious you have a message waiting. Same way I feel about people who don't answer emails. . . .if you're not going to answer your emails then why have an email account at all. Just a short rant there.

+1 I would think this would be a common courtesy to have this checked so the notification will appear when you come onto this site. I think there is also a box to check if you want email notification of a PM sent to you.

falcon409
February 13th, 2018, 06:53
+1 I would think this would be a common courtesy to have this checked so the notification will appear when you come onto this site. I think there is also a box to check if you want email notification of a PM sent to you.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58016&stc=1
Yep, then that's most likely the culprit. As you say, seems it would be a common courtesy to check that so you do receive PM notices, especially if you plan on being an active member of the forums. The only caveat to that would be where developers are concerned. . .I would imagine that over time the amount of PM's you would get would become debilitating, lol. That would be one thing I would make sure got checked to "Not Notify", lol

Fulvio_61
February 13th, 2018, 08:04
As you say, seems it would be a common courtesy to check that so you do receive PM notices

Exact. It would also perhaps be correct to answer, in case you read the message.
It would seem obvious, but it is not....

dhazelgrove
February 13th, 2018, 08:27
The originator of this thread is asking for copies of some work that the author does not want to release for general use.

It would be incorrect to answer the sender without checking first with the author, and this thread has been posted before the author concerned has made his wishes known.
That being the case, I don't think I need to respond any further.

Dave

Fulvio_61
February 13th, 2018, 08:45
The originator of this thread has twice written to the author of the repaint, without an answer. I asked if it was his choice, but not having received an answer I could not know. It was enough for you to answer me exactly what you wrote here, and the matter would be closed. In Italy we say "to ask is lawful, to answer is courtesy."
Thank you.
Fulvio.

Edit: Moreover, I believed that the required repaint was made public in the now closed SSW forum.

Fulvio_61
February 13th, 2018, 10:54
My post has however achieved its purpose. :)
Two out of four of the users to whom I had sent messages read and answered: Dhazelgrove here and Zsoltquack in private.
Thank you both.

wombat666
February 13th, 2018, 19:54
'Common Courtesy' is not very common.
:173go1:

MrZippy
February 14th, 2018, 04:59
'Common Courtesy' is not very common.
:173go1:

Agree! A little video about "Common Courtesy".

https://youtu.be/xSj2h5_vksU