PDA

View Full Version : Airport Texture Issues

sketchy
February 10th, 2018, 21:12
Hi,V4'ers...

I was hoping someone may have an idea what may be causing this?

I appear to always get water textures around my default airports in V4. It is not always just the ones near water too.

Any tips or suggestions on how to solve would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Sketchy

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57911&stc=1

wombat666
February 10th, 2018, 23:03
Firstly, are you running any add on scenery?
I find the similar problem around some default areas and I have the ORBX 'basics' installed along with several regional packages.
More information please.
Not so 'sketchy'................:biggrin-new:
I just could not resist that line.

sketchy
February 10th, 2018, 23:21
Thanks Woombat,

The Sketchy nickname was given to me years ago as I was always drawing/sketching lol.

I too have basic ORBX files needed to support the England, Scotland, Wales add ons, and I have Fly Tampa Hong Kong installed and that is it for 3rd party right now.

Not sure what else you are looking for but I can find out.

Cheers,

jeansy
February 12th, 2018, 05:27
let me guess thats Honolulu

open your settings in ftx central and force a migration, it appears theres a conflict on textures the sim wants to use

99.9% when you get water where land should be with orbx installed a forced migration fixes it regardless of the location

failing that jump on orbx and seek their help

sketchy
February 12th, 2018, 20:32
let me guess thats Honolulu

open your settings in ftx central and force a migration, it appears theres a conflict on textures the sim wants to use

99.9% when you get water where land should be with orbx installed a forced migration fixes it regardless of the location

failing that jump on orbx and seek their help

Well spotted on the airport.. :)

Thanks Jeansy, I'll give that a try and report back, appreciate the help.

Best,

Fras

jeansy
February 12th, 2018, 23:43
I fly from and to there a lot from Aus so I can see the airport and airbase in the afcad in your image

mate since your not running a payware version (FSDT PHNL would be my suggestion if you are after a pay ware as it includes Hickam AFB), check out the 3 scenery packs found here> http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/hawaii.html

the modern day Ford Island in pack 2 is the best representation ive found, the guys normal site is going through a revamp otherwise i would point you there not to this one

I cant remember the authors name however hes has made some great additions across the islands

anyway we need to resolve the current problem first

sketchy
February 23rd, 2018, 14:11
I fly from and to there a lot from Aus so I can see the airport and airbase in the afcad in your image

mate since your not running a payware version (FSDT PHNL would be my suggestion if you are after a pay ware as it includes Hickam AFB), check out the 3 scenery packs found here> http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/hawaii.html

the modern day Ford Island in pack 2 is the best representation ive found, the guys normal site is going through a revamp otherwise i would point you there not to this one

I cant remember the authors name however hes has made some great additions across the islands

anyway we need to resolve the current problem first

Jeansy, apologies for the slow reply, back from another Biz trip and got to try out the Migration and that did the trick, thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Also thank you for the link to the freeware HI scenery, I had a quick glance and they look great, do they work with V4?

Best,

Sketch

jeansy
February 23rd, 2018, 18:36
To be honest i havent had a look recently as ive done a few reinstalls of windows this yr

I think there was a conflict with pearl harbour naval base and the payware i was using By FSDT but everything else tied in

Its all created around the photoreal package by the same group so i would assume there should be no problems

Ripord was kind enough to give me a copy of his USN addon which has a revamped peral harbour, so i really should have another look soon

But im glad the migration fixed the water issue

Most times if you have that mismatch that normally fixes it