PDA

View Full Version : Gauge search order in P3Dv4

rcbarend
February 9th, 2018, 08:15
If you ever stumble onto this problem:

In FSX and P3Dv1/2/3, the program, by default, searches for gauges in the local aircraft \panel\ folder (or subfolders) first, before searching in your main \gauges\ folder.

In P3Dv4.*, this search order has changed: it looks first in the main \Gauges\ folder (or whatever folder you have assigned as "main") .

Meaning that if two versions of a gauge with the same name exists in both the main \gauges\ folder and the local aircraft \panel\ folder, P3Dv4.* probably loads the version you don't expect !!!

Rob

Dimus
February 9th, 2018, 09:43
Good point Rob! I have also found out the hard way that the same is the case for textures. Global texture folders have priority. In case you have a texture in your local texture folder (sim object or scenery) having the same file name as a default global one the global will display and not yours.

modelr
February 10th, 2018, 06:22
Good point Rob! I have also found out the hard way that the same is the case for textures. Global texture folders have priority. In case you have a texture in your local texture folder (sim object or scenery) having the same file name as a default global one the global will display and not yours.

I maybe off base here, but I wonder if removing those search points from the folder's texture.cfg would change that behavior?