PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Base scenery like

AusWilko
February 8th, 2018, 01:48
I'm getting close to pulling the trigger and either going to this P3D v4 or XPlane 11 as I see a big following and lots of development for it.

One thing that I am wondering is how is the stock scenery for this compared to what I have which is FSXSE with just VOZ and a few payware airports, never got into the ORBX stuff as at the time I did not have the money for their high price base stuff that was needed for their other packs.

So is the base stuff good to use until I am ready to decide on what needs to be upgraded first?

expat
February 8th, 2018, 02:05
You cannot believe how good value P3Dv4 and Orbx FTX Global/Vector are together. Game changer.

wombat666
February 8th, 2018, 02:25
Base scenery in P3D4 is not much better than FSX, if at all IMHO.

I agree with expat, splash out on Orbx FTX Global and Vector at the start, it transforms most areas and you should be happy with it for quite some time.
Depends where you fly but my first additions were Australian, Lilydale(Free) and Moorabbin(Not Free) are as accurate as I can remember, about 4 years ago.
Depending on your 'Hanger' collection you will find a decent number of FSX aircraft fly well in P3D4, along with some really good projects like the A20 and B26.

I own X Plane 11 but can't warm to it, it is 'different' and seems to me permanently in development.
Why did I buy it?
Maybe as a gesture of support and probably curiosity along with a degree of stupidity.:biggrin-new:

AusWilko
February 8th, 2018, 03:36
Thanks guys, got a bit more disposable cash this time so will look into it, another thing in P3D favour is this place, been here so long the thought of going somewhere else puts me off LOL