PDA

View Full Version : Ai Aircraft in P4 V1

aspen31
February 7th, 2018, 10:27
Hi all
About a month into P3D V4 and for the most part it seems a great improvement. I have not yet found a compatible AI program so have been using FSX airplanes which I carried over from V3 (and that worked well). I use a program called Airport AI Enhancer for P3D to build flight plans. For the most part everything works fairly well although at some airports the AI disappear usually as I get close to them with the aircraft I am using. The other more consistent issue is that almost all have no landing gear. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this and found a fix. I would also appreciate any info on workable P4 packages.
Thanks
Warren (aspen31)

mikewmac
February 7th, 2018, 10:59
Hi all
About a month into P3D V4 and for the most part it seems a great improvement. I have not yet found a compatible AI program so have been using FSX airplanes which I carried over from V3 (and that worked well). I use a program called Airport AI Enhancer for P3D to build flight plans. For the most part everything works fairly well although at some airports the AI disappear usually as I get close to them with the aircraft I am using. The other more consistent issue is that almost all have no landing gear. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this and found a fix. I would also appreciate any info on workable P4 packages.
Thanks
Warren (aspen31)

Warren,

Those AI aircraft are probably portovers to FSX from FS9 and as such are not in native FSX format and will most certainly display those types of problems in P3D v4.1. The only fix is to convert those AI aircraft to native FSX format, which is not what I would call an easy fix. Conversions of FS9 AI aircraft to FSX native format are currently being performed by a few different groups and/or individuals, but it will probably be a while before many become generally available.

Emile
February 7th, 2018, 21:55
Hello,
I used a little program to find my NON FSX AI aicrafts = ThumbnailExporterX
You can scan your AI folder and request the model and model type.

I have removed the NON FSX models and changed the aircrafts in the Flight Plans with FSX Models ..
Takes time ...

gavinc
February 8th, 2018, 02:00
Check over at the AIG forum where there is a thread that contains most of the civilian models that have been converted so far. MAIW has just started a concerted effort to convert their military aircraft to P3D format.

Gavin

expat
February 8th, 2018, 02:39
Just to chip in, AI is one of the few limitations of P3Dv4. I have built up manually several AI environments however using flyable native FSX models, many having been converted from FS9 models (thanks to Lazurus, Bjoern and other generous contributors) and these mostly work very well with little FPS problems.

aspen31
February 8th, 2018, 02:40
Hi all
Thanks for the help so far. I'll look for the program and see what I can do.
Warren