PDA

View Full Version : Boy, those Guys Are On The Ball

falcon409
February 6th, 2018, 12:23
About two years ago I posted a question on the FrenchVFR Forums concerning the "MonoBi Series Airplane". At the time I was having a problem with the airplane causing a CTD and I asked if they had any idea what could be causing that. Today, I received an email response:

I don't think!
Sorry.

Naismith
February 6th, 2018, 12:47
They are French ..... so they are quirky..... c'est la vie. :encouragement:

falcon409
February 6th, 2018, 14:28
:biggrin-new:Apparently:biggrin-new:. . . .I have to give them marks for at least not blowing it off entirely, lol

lagaffe
February 7th, 2018, 00:04
:biggrin-new:Apparently:biggrin-new:. . . .I have to give them marks for at least not blowing it off entirely, lol
Good morning,
Falcon409 ask a question about the "Mono-bi" two years ago, a question that had remained unanswered by FrenchVFR until he completed the question himself 1 hour after like this:

le 07/08/2016 : 13:32
par ejwells409
I downloaded and installed the amazing MonoBi aircraft yesterday. Beautiful work. They work perfectly in FSX, however despite the download stating they are for P3D, they cause an immediate CTD in that Sim when I try to load them. I have tried all the models, they all cause a CTD. If they are supposed to be for P3D why are they causing a problem? I have P3D_V3.3.

Thanks
Réponse n° 1
--------
le 07/08/2016 : 14:21
par ejwells409
In P3D_V3.3, commenting out the dsd sound gauge entry in the panel.cfg corrects the CTD.

Another person asked if it was possible to have the Mono-bi on FS2004 :

Réponse n° 2
--------
le 07/08/2016 : 15:53
par zswobbie1
Is there a chance of getting this for FS2004?

and last night I actually answered that I didn't think so... My answer was for the last post of zswobbie1.

To come back to the fact that no one had answered him, unfortunately I was sick (heart) in 2015-2016 and I stayed in hospital during a lot of months so some messages may have remained unanswered.

French-VFR products are freeware and we make this works as an hobby. Nevertheless, denigrating French people is not really a proof of courtesy.

If you have some interest in Mono-bi product, I ask you that a new version has been developed and I will released it during next days.

gastonj
February 7th, 2018, 00:09
Hi Lagaffe!

We know the lack of courtesy and Anglo-Saxon complacency, so the best is not to take the affront!

JMC

lagaffe
February 7th, 2018, 00:16
I am not angry, I didn't answer to polemicize but to give a little truth about this post:
1 - a person asks for help and then 1 hour later completes his question with an explanation of the problem (gauge).
2 - a second person asks for something else and the first person automatically receives a copy of the answer to the last question...

What could be more normal? A lot of forums are configurated as French-VFR :untroubled:

Lagaffe

huub vink
February 7th, 2018, 03:30
Thanks for clearing this up Lagaffe, I think enough has been said about this. Now back to more important business.....

I really like your creations, especially the fictive ones like the Tagazou and the Super Dupont. Do you have any plans to finish the Savoia S.21 from Porco Rosso?
I like it as is, but I would really love to see it with a working VC.

Cheers,
Huub

henrystreet
February 7th, 2018, 03:47
Lagaffe

Lagaffe,

Any future for getting the MonoBi into Prepar3d version 4? I know the RFN gauge is not ready. How about the other parts?

Love the MonoBi!

UnknownGuest12
February 7th, 2018, 04:57
I am not angry, I didn't answer to polemicize but to give a little truth about this post:
1 - a person asks for help and then 1 hour later completes his question with an explanation of the problem (gauge).
2 - a second person asks for something else and the first person automatically receives a copy of the answer to the last question...

What could be more normal? A lot of forums are configurated as French-VFR :untroubled:

Lagaffe

Ques't ce q'on peut dire? vive la difference...
Salut

gastonj
February 7th, 2018, 05:50

Without complacency, in the face of such a late response, it would have been correct to look for the reason for this anomaly, the courtesy would have been not to make fun, not to laugh at the expense of people whose quirkyness, eccentricity consists in offering freeware.

lagaffe
February 7th, 2018, 05:54
Indeed, there is no matter to sterile polemic poles.

As for the ongoing developments, we have several of them that are almost completed on the modelling side:
- Dewoitine D-551
- Project SAGQ with Canadair 215T and Canso PBY-5
- Cessna 150 Taildragger
- Savoia S-21
- Menestrel HN700

I took advantage of the last few months when I took a break with Gmax and Blender to improve a game I don't like too much: textures.
Looking at Gman's posts on Quixel and Javier Rollon's videos on Xplane, I decided to get involved in the study of Substance Painter and see what it could bring to my work on textures.

The study is beginning to bear fruit and my first textures are in the workflow.

Some pics of my works:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57786&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57795&stc=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kWd27hVPKg&feature=youtu.be

Bjoern
February 7th, 2018, 06:12
Salut mes amis français,

don't listen to the colonials and islanders. Continuiez faire ce que vous faîtes!

Cordialement,

l'Allemagne

lagaffe
February 7th, 2018, 06:24
Great thanks to you: Europeans, Americans, etc ... and all people who love simulators :biggrin-new:
French-VFR is only 3 people who like create and fly, so we take your time to finish each project and sometimes they take a lot of time ... so be patient :encouragement:

For Henrystreet, Mono-Bi is the project of Bernard "Bede40", it is not mine but I give you a good information: he has finished a second version of this plane and this v2 will be released as soon as possible ... perhaps this afternoon.

henrystreet
February 7th, 2018, 06:59
Great thanks to you: Europeans, Americans, etc ... and all people who love simulators :biggrin-new:
French-VFR is only 3 people who like create and fly, so we take your time to finish each project and sometimes they take a lot of time ... so be patient :encouragement:

For Henrystreet, Mono-Bi is the project of Bernard "Bede40", it is not mine but I give you a good information: he has finished a second version of this plane and this v2 will be released as soon as possible ... perhaps this afternoon.

merci, mon frere!

SpaceWeevil
February 7th, 2018, 07:02
While we're having a Euro love-in, I'd just like to say that I'm still using the original Fravin Cessna 150 in P3D v4 (complete with cockpit sounds courtesy of Douglas Dawson's 64-bit sounds) and she's still a peach :)

lagaffe
February 7th, 2018, 07:51
While we're having a Euro love-in, I'd just like to say that I'm still using the original Fravin Cessna 150 in P3D v4 (complete with cockpit sounds courtesy of Douglas Dawson's 64-bit sounds) and she's still a peach :)

SpaceWeevil, to clarify the situation, since apparently you don't know this addon, the Cessna Taildragger in question is a development for FSX/Prepar3D that Fravin and Franckart asked me a few years ago. They were very proud of the work we did and even surprised that their creation is still relevant and attracts today's simmers.

These two talented designers gave me theirs sources so that I could adapt them to the standard level. This is not a new version but THE same version adapted to current standards and to which I added a number of improvements:
- the model has been modified to take in account the taildragger model which is very used in US
- all instruments are now in 3D,
- the windows are animated and the moter transmit vibrations on the all aircraft
- textures have been set to FSX standard (bump ... AO are in the pipe)
- a damage mod has been added
- Doug's Dawson gauges are implemented in 32 bits for FSX and 64 bits for P3D

Best regards.

Penzoil3
February 7th, 2018, 08:23
I love the Mono BI, and look forward to the update. It's a great little plane. Thanks for all your hard work.
From America
Sue

huub vink
February 7th, 2018, 11:41
Thanks for the update. There are quite somethings to look forward for. The Dewoitine D.551 and the Savoia S.21 are really my favourites.

Thanks again,
Huub

IanP
February 7th, 2018, 12:07
Ooh. Ooh! Avions de Mer!

Ian P.

henrystreet
March 9th, 2018, 13:25
I love the Mono BI, and look forward to the update. It's a great little plane. Thanks for all your hard work.
From America
Sue

Sue,

I was able to get the Mono-Bi (original 1 seater) working in P3Dv4 by downloading the x64 bit version of the RFN carrier gauge and editing the panel config file.

Working great!

Let me know if you have any trouble getting it to work.

Penzoil3
March 9th, 2018, 19:15
Working fine Henry, but thank you very much for the offer.
Sue

ToniJH
March 9th, 2018, 20:10
Good to hear that there is coming v2 of this awesome airplane :)

Milton Shupe
March 10th, 2018, 05:16
SpaceWeevil, to clarify the situation, since apparently you don't know this addon, the Cessna Taildragger in question is a development for FSX/Prepar3D that Fravin and Franckart asked me a few years ago. They were very proud of the work we did and even surprised that their creation is still relevant and attracts today's simmers.

These two talented designers gave me theirs sources so that I could adapt them to the standard level. This is not a new version but THE same version adapted to current standards and to which I added a number of improvements:
- the model has been modified to take in account the taildragger model which is very used in US
- all instruments are now in 3D,
- the windows are animated and the moter transmit vibrations on the all aircraft
- textures have been set to FSX standard (bump ... AO are in the pipe)
- a damage mod has been added
- Doug's Dawson gauges are implemented in 32 bits for FSX and 64 bits for P3D

Best regards.

lagaffe,

I have always admired your work. Thank you for doing this. :-)

lagaffe
March 10th, 2018, 07:41
lagaffe,

I have always admired your work. Thank you for doing this. :-)

It is a great pleasure to hear such compliments from someone like you, Milton!

With the recent release of the JustFlight C152, I have a lot more motivation to finish thes Taildragger v2, since this model seems more popular for US people than the tri-cycles model :santahat:.