PDA

View Full Version : I Thought I Had Solved It

Tom Burnside
February 5th, 2018, 06:32
But turns out its back again the good old AS16 can not control ambient weather. Now I have followed instructions given to me in a thread I did about this before I have made it a trusted installer, Excluded it from my Anti virus system, Everything is ticked in my firewall so it is allowed through and I am running both AS16 itself and FSX as an administrator but everytime I go for a flight it happens.

Dangerousdave26
February 5th, 2018, 08:19
I would stop running everything as Administrator and simply give your log on account the proper permissions to run the programs.

For instructions on how to do this see this thread post 7

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/52003-FS9-Crashes!-(Possible-compatibility-issues-in-Win7)

Do this for every program you run along with FSX.

Note I have all of my ancillary programs installed to C:\FS_Programs. I have given my log on account full control of that folder. Anything I install inside that folder thereafter automatically has full control.

Of course I have done the same thing for my flight simulator installs. They are all in C:\FlightSim.

Running as administrator simply complicates things to the OS and does not work all the time.

Tom Burnside
February 5th, 2018, 10:11
I would stop running everything as Administrator and simply give your log on account the proper permissions to run the programs.

For instructions on how to do this see this thread post 7

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/52003-FS9-Crashes!-(Possible-compatibility-issues-in-Win7)

Do this for every program you run along with FSX.

Note I have all of my ancillary programs installed to C:\FS_Programs. I have given my log on account full control of that folder. Anything I install inside that folder thereafter automatically has full control.

Of course I have done the same thing for my flight simulator installs. They are all in C:\FlightSim.

Running as administrator simply complicates things to the OS and does not work all the time.

I shall give it a go in a couple of days time to see if that works I did change the Appdata folder as well as as I have just read about that.

Tom Burnside
February 8th, 2018, 06:29
Well after changing the AppData file went up and went fine but second time round just sitting on the ground t happened again.