PDA

View Full Version : Better rain textures?

kiki
February 4th, 2018, 07:53
I have PTA, Envtex, ASP and ASCA but the rain and the rain drops look bad, really bad. It is - perhaps - still the default rain. I don’t need a TrueGlass, but a more realistic and better looking rain would be nice. Is there anything for that?

falcon409
February 5th, 2018, 03:54
I have PTA, Envtex, ASP and ASCA but the rain and the rain drops look bad, really bad. It is - perhaps - still the default rain. I don’t need a TrueGlass, but a more realistic and better looking rain would be nice. Is there anything for that?
It's a WIP as Lockheed has mentioned in their forums. Something may be updated in the next go-around. . .whenever that happens. I think it has more to do with LM coding for the Sim and that particular effect than any external utility that would enhance what you currently have. Of course I could be wrong. . .and someone will probably be along directly to prove that out! But that is my opinion.

cavaricooper
February 5th, 2018, 04:15
I am optimistic for the future... take a look at seasonal textures in DCS World 2.5 for what is currently possible... very well done. LM is watching every simulation arena... the future is bright.

Best- C

Navy Chief
December 22nd, 2018, 17:31
Was really hoping for better rain effects in V4.4. Did not happen though. NC