PDA

View Full Version : Dino's Lockheed S-3 Questions

mal998
January 31st, 2018, 04:55
Hi All,
The other day I got the urge to check out Dino's S-3. I remember looking at it when it first came out and I found some issues with flyability. So I thought I would would have another look and maybe even re-work the FDE more to my liking.

I have come across 2 issues that I can't seem to find answers to. Both pertaining to the model. First issue: when I load her up only the drop tank on the left side shows up. Weird. The second issue is the catapult launch bar seems to be stuck in the down position. I saw it mentioned on his website that some people experienced a problem but I never found a solution. Anybody know of a fix for either or both issues?

Thanks in advance.

mal

MrZippy
January 31st, 2018, 05:43
I had to replace the panel on my system to get it to work. Looks ok so far.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57589&stc=1

mal998
January 31st, 2018, 07:32
Thanks for that MrZippy. Can you be more specific about what you did to the panel to fix the issue?

MrZippy
January 31st, 2018, 08:14
Thanks for that MrZippy. Can you be more specific about what you did to the panel to fix the issue?

To fix my individual issue which was a panel.dll CTD when choosing the aircraft, I installed the default 737-800 panel folder into the aircraft folder. I think I remember doing this about 3 years ago when I was playing around with this aircraft and tryin carrier landings.

Josh Patterson
January 31st, 2018, 11:13
The only weird thing I noticed was that you had to be in an external view to get the tail fin to fold over, otherwise works great for me.

Dino Cattaneo
February 1st, 2018, 01:00
...too bad I lost the source files for this one.
A couple of notes:
- Only one tank showing: check that you have not altered the aircraft.cfg station weights. The visibility of the external stores is governed by the weight applied to the stations. Token weight for fuel tanks is 381lbs (station W5 and W6).
- Catapult issue: I am not able to replicate it
- The panel issue is unknown to me... may be it is caused by the dsd_fsx_fuel_dump.dll which is the only .dll I can remember (everything else is standard XML). You may get some error notifications if you do not have Tacpack, but these are harmless and can be ignored.

BTW I am sorry you find it unflyable... I hope that, sooner or later, I will find the time to rebuild the source files and improve this model.

edakridge
February 1st, 2018, 03:45
I hope so too Dino, I love the "Hoover".

mal998
February 1st, 2018, 04:56
Hi Dino,
Thanks very much for your response to my questions. "Unflyable" was a poor choice of words on my part. That was an obvious exaggeration. I apologize for that.

I am sorry to hear of your loss of the source files. I can understand how frustrating that must be.

As I stated earlier, my main concern was my inability to retract the launch bar and missing tank issue.

***UPDATE
It appears that any problems I was experiencing had to do with the modifications I made to your aircraft.cfg file :banghead: My bad!

seawing
February 1st, 2018, 09:19
...too bad I lost the source files for this one.
A couple of notes:
- Only one tank showing: check that you have not altered the aircraft.cfg station weights. The visibility of the external stores is governed by the weight applied to the stations. Token weight for fuel tanks is 381lbs (station W5 and W6).
- Catapult issue: I am not able to replicate it
- The panel issue is unknown to me... may be it is caused by the dsd_fsx_fuel_dump.dll which is the only .dll I can remember (everything else is standard XML). You may get some error notifications if you do not have Tacpack, but these are harmless and can be ignored.

BTW I am sorry you find it unflyable... I hope that, sooner or later, I will find the time to rebuild the source files and improve this model.

Sounds very promising! One more vote for a new model! ;-)
Sorry, I know you have all hands full with the current projects!

Seawing

fliger747
February 1st, 2018, 09:55
Would love to see a re build of this one. One of my Dad's naval Aviator friends was one of the first people to transition from the S2 to the S3, quite a transition!