PDA

View Full Version : Does Anybody still have....

winslow33
October 8th, 2008, 15:47
Hi.

Does anybody have a copy of FS5? I found a copy WAY back deep on my Windows98, all compressed in a Cabinet file (C:\Windows\system\help\0172\FS5.CAB) . Why it was back that far, I dont know. But anyway, I extracted it and tried to run it. The problem is that there's no help, and I have absolutely no idea how to use it. Nor can I find an active FS5 forum. So I figured one of you guys might have used it in the past and could tell me how to use it. I figured i'd try it for a bit, just for laughs. Especialy because my computer isn't good enough for FSX or CFS 3. BTW, does it work better in straight up DOS than a simulated DOS box in Windows 98?:running:

Dangerousdave26
October 8th, 2008, 16:52
Close but No Cigar

I have an old copy of FS6 (FS95)

Sorry

I do have a copy of MS Dos 6.22 if you really really want to be retro. :costumes:

winslow33
October 9th, 2008, 11:30
Retro? That ain't Retro! I have DOS 4.0:jawdrop::costumes: Seriously. It's packaged with my 98.

anbu
October 9th, 2008, 12:00
salute to flying old school.

winslow33
October 9th, 2008, 14:05
Hey, It does the job.:mixedsmi:
I do have a great new laptop with Windows XP Pro with SP2 and MS Office 2007. I just use the old machine (Win98) for playing games and testing random theories as far as programming. Like the time I made a program that put the computer in full screen mode and draw a line rotating in a circrle. The line doubled in speed every rotation. I made the program just to see how fast I could get the line to go before the computer crashed...:violent: (It still works).