PDA

View Full Version : Save On Exit app

SkippyBing
January 28th, 2018, 13:19
After finally getting fed up with P3D resetting the scenario every time I crashed I thought I'd make a little programme to sort it out. Essentially every time you exit the sim, so opening the map, payload interface, closing P3D completely etc. it saves the current flight as SaveOnExit.fxml, which I then set as the default flight. This means the next time I reset the flight it goes to that point, and obviously when I restart the sim I can pick up where I left off.
Then because I thought it might be handy I set it to save an aircraft specific file named after the title in the aircraft selection interface, so there's a separate one for each paint scheme. That way I can pick up my round the world flight in a DC-8 in a few months time when I'm in the mood again without having to remember where I was!
Finally as I thought saving it mid-air wasn't something I always wanted I made that optional. So turn that off if you don't want to have a save made every time you open the map to check the ILS frequency en-route.
You can control the options through the Add-Ons menu in P3D, so select whether or not to update the save on exit flight, whether or not to save an aircraft specific flight, and whether or not to save in flight. What the menu says is the current state, clicking on an item will change it to the opposite state. Because I was really keen I also added an ini file to save the preferences between sessions so if you turn all the options off it'll stay that way next time you load P3D.

To install it just extract the attached zip to your My Documents\Prepare3D v4 Add-ons folder and next time you start P3D it should ask if you want to load it.

Any questions let or ideas for improvement let me know.

Penzoil3
February 1st, 2018, 19:51
Why don't you have FSUIPC save the flight ? You know you can set the save interval... Not to mention turning off crash detection. I know if I crashed.
Sue

SkippyBing
February 3rd, 2018, 07:22
FSUIPC does lots of things I don't want, it also adds an area of confusion if I'm testing stuff as I wouldn't be able to guarantee something would work if someone didn't have it. I have crash detection on because it turns out I'm not always right about whether I would have crashed.
YMMV.

spatialpro
February 4th, 2018, 09:51
I like it! :encouragement:

SkippyBing
February 4th, 2018, 12:28
Cheers! Possibly worth mentioning, I have no idea what happens if it saves a flight with you on a carrier, but I suspect it's not useful...