PDA

View Full Version : Cessna U206G Soloy Mark 1 V3.0 available

TiAr
January 28th, 2018, 08:05
FlightPort Cessna U206G Soloy Mark 1 V3.0 is available here in library. For FSX and P3D V1+/V2+/V3+ and for P3DV4+ as a separate native version.

What is new in V3.0?

It contains all six models of V2.0, but with a lot of improvements. And the great repaints of Rafal "YoYo" with 4096 HD textures, too.

Alexander Metzger has reworked the airfiles - and the engine parameters of the Allison 250-C20S were very realistically integrated into the model.

The ground/flight idle switch (throttle_set) now has function (important for engine handling). Adjusted manual and automatic engine start. The starter switch MUST be actively switched off again after starting the engine, otherwise the throttle lever has no function.

Important: XMLTools for FSX or P3DV3 must be installed to get a realistic engine behavior. Only with this you can start the engine without having trouble, e.g. the unrealistic preclosing (hot start bug) has finally come to an end. Please see readme and manual in Custom model folder.

Also new in short:
- Fuselage and wings reworked and new textured
- new floats with animated control wires
- Function Propeller control lever new
- Function Fuel Cutoff lever new
- new and improved display of the engine displays
- DME Avionic built into the VC.
- fixed misleading information for setting the fuel cut-off lever in the checklists

Cessna U206G Soloy MK1 Custom V3 is the base model folder. You need it to display all other models correctly. A new repaint kit V3 is available as separate download (see FSX Other or P3D-Addons).

http://up.picr.de/31659561ma.jpg

http://up.picr.de/31659562zi.jpg

http://up.picr.de/31659563ko.jpg

http://up.picr.de/31659564hj.jpg

Hope you like the new V3.0.

Cheers
Thomas

LouP
January 28th, 2018, 08:06
TY, looks great :applause:

LouP

blanston12
January 28th, 2018, 08:31
Very nice, downloading now.

Edit: Installed her and took her for a quick spin, very nice indeed. I can see this is going to be one of my favorites.
Only edit I did to the config files is for the title, since P3D displays the title in the AC selector I changed the titles

title=Soloy MK1 XXXX

to:

title=Cessna U206G Soloy Mk1

cavaricooper
January 28th, 2018, 09:52
Alex & YoYo... fantastic! Thanks, will DL and fly this weekend... perfect for some AK trips ahead.

Best- C

aspen31
January 28th, 2018, 12:32
Hi all
Very nice machine so far - flies well and seems very powerful.
Thanks for working so hard to provide it.
Warren (aspen31)

mikew
January 28th, 2018, 13:26
Great job Thomas and team! Just enjoyed a 90 minute flight around northern California. Well mannered aircraft and excellent detail. Thank you for this great gift!

Mike

strykerpsg
January 28th, 2018, 13:59
Oh my gosh! Psychic you must be for I was just pondering as to what fantastic turbo prop for bush flying might fit into my virtual hangar next? You are the man (or woman) of the week in my book.

ega
January 29th, 2018, 08:46
Thomas,

Brilliant work! Thanks a lot for sharing it!

According to the manual there should be a Panel_usingRCP.cfg" file in the panel folder of the custom base model.

I believe it is missing (and I do have the RXP GTN750...) - can you please post it here or elsewhere?

Many thanks!
Ega

TiAr
January 29th, 2018, 09:52
Ega, you are right, all the extended panel.cfg´s are missing - my quality control works with 110 percent, sorry for that. It is the first entry in fix list - will come the next days. But the missing panel - usingRXP.cfg doesn´t work in P3DV4, its only for FSX GNS series...

I do not have RXP GTN, so I can´t do anything for you. Why not trying to install it instead of F1 GTN, using normal panel.cfg. From model side, this could work.

Thomas

fsafranek
January 29th, 2018, 13:43
A very interesting airplane.

I got an error message when selecting the GTN 750 option and a then unit with a blank screen and an "INOP" sticky note on it. :eagerness:
I think my GTN configure file needs to catch up with the version of P3D v4x I'm using.

Otherwise a pretty cool set of aircraft.
:ernaehrung004:

ega
January 30th, 2018, 01:06
Thanks Thomas, I will try to replace the F1 GTN750 unit with the RXP unit.

Again, many thanks for giving us this beautiful airplane!
Ega

ryanbatc
January 30th, 2018, 18:40
Thank you so much for the updated addon! I love it!

If anyone does use the RXP GTN 750/650 combo I've made the edits to the plane. Also allows the VC knobs and buttons to work

https://www.dropbox.com/s/we8sth42lxqc1y2/SoloyRXPGTN.zip?dl=0

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4617/25125927227_36c4fd68b1_o.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/EhhWMR)soloyGTN (https://flic.kr/p/EhhWMR) by ryan b (https://www.flickr.com/photos/136697393@N03/), on Flickr

Daube
January 31st, 2018, 12:05
What a fantastic package ! Downloading as I type.
Thanks a lot for the hard work. I have the very first package you made for that plane, it was already one of the best addon I ever had. Can't wait to try that new version ! :applause:

ryanbatc
February 1st, 2018, 07:54
I did a big screenshot spread over at avsim... hope lots of guys download your work! I love this plane!

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/530453-benton-to-hayfork-and-bad-decisions/

Penzoil3
March 10th, 2018, 11:16
Ok, if reversers aren't available, how the Sam Hill do you stop the float plane ? The only way I can get a full stop is to shut off the engine.
Sue

LouP
March 10th, 2018, 19:49
open the doors..
paddle..

Penzoil3
March 10th, 2018, 20:51
"LouP
open the doors..
paddle.."

Thanks so much...

TiAr
March 11th, 2018, 11:08
Sue, the normal way to stop it is to switch Ground/Flight idle to Ground on Final. It works, but needs a lot of time. Check your throttle, fully back should be 0 Percent.

LouP
March 11th, 2018, 12:03
"LouP
open the doors..
paddle.."

Thanks so much...

No problem. Glad I could help ;-) :wavey:

Penzoil3
March 11th, 2018, 14:49
TiAr thank you.
Sue

TiAr
March 17th, 2018, 14:06
V4 is just uploaded here on Library. It contains all the new and missing stuff like panel.cfgs, windshield rain effects, updated Airfiles of Alexander Metzger, working GPU with great sound! Fully F1 G500/600 integration and the remarks of Ryan to implement RXP GTN.

Have fun!
Thomas

scotth6
March 18th, 2018, 01:42
Thanks again Thomas. You are a champ! :applause:

Cheers,

Manschy
March 18th, 2018, 03:08
Thanks again Thomas. You are a champ! :applause:

Cheers,

+11111111111111111

caleb1
October 9th, 2020, 13:42
I have installed this aircraft but cannot get it to start.
Fuel is on, power switch is set to ground, I turn on the battery and the starter, I hear the starter sound, the oil pressure comes up and the N1 comes up to about 11, but the engine doesn't start. the starter sound just keeps looping.
Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
It doesn't even start with ctrl+e.

There is a L VAC R light on if that means anything.
Also I got a "flying tip" pop up saying fuel is critically low in selected tank. But the gauges show full and when I go to the fuel and payload screen it all shows full.... mysterious.

This is P3D v4.5.

If anyone knows how I might be able to get this working it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Caleb

Edit: I did run the installer for XML tools per the link in the readme also to no avail.

aspen31
October 11th, 2020, 04:34
Hi
Not sure if this will be of much help. I haven't used this airplane for a while so had forgotten a lot about starting it although I remember older posts dealing with the issue.
I went to the airplane and initially couldn't start it either. I was however able to start with control + E and observe the switch positions. After that I went back to the panel and was able to start. I observed that the "gen" switch immediately to the right of the start is in the down position before start. There are 2 switches at the base of the throttle and propeller handles and they are selected to the right towards the right side of the airplane. These are a bit hard to see. Setting up like this I was able to do a manual start.
Hope this helps a bit.
Warren

caleb1
October 11th, 2020, 05:26
Hi
Not sure if this will be of much help. I haven't used this airplane for a while so had forgotten a lot about starting it although I remember older posts dealing with the issue.
I went to the airplane and initially couldn't start it either. I was however able to start with control + E and observe the switch positions. After that I went back to the panel and was able to start. I observed that the "gen" switch immediately to the right of the start is in the down position before start. There are 2 switches at the base of the throttle and propeller handles and they are selected to the right towards the right side of the airplane. These are a bit hard to see. Setting up like this I was able to do a manual start.
Hope this helps a bit.
Warren

Thanks for the tip. I was thinking to do the same thing you did with trying ctrl+e to observe the switch positions, but ctrl+e wouldn't even work for me.

It ended up starting once I moved the fuel selector. It was on both, but apparently I needed to move it to left and back or something, but anyway it works now no matter where the fuel selector is.

aspen31
October 11th, 2020, 07:12
Hi
Strange but I have discovered that my fuel selector won't move although I don't recall having a problem previously. More work to do it seems.
Glad you have it working.

Warren

UnknownGuest12
October 11th, 2020, 16:21
[QUOTE=TiAr;1123988]FlightPort Cessna U206G Soloy Mark 1 V3.0 is available here in library. For FSX and P3D V1+/V2+/V3+ and for P3DV4+ as a separate native version.

Ok looks like some of us found and installed the Soloy. I may be a little unfit to find it, but why in first place do not publish the link to download? Tried to find it, no joy... is this a quizz?
Thanks, stay safe

aspen31
October 12th, 2020, 04:41
HI
Not sure if this what you are asking about but I found the Soloy on page 3 of the FSX "civilian props". Still having trouble getting it to start properly but overall it is otherwise okay. The fuel selector is glitch for me in P3D 4.5 and I have to use the control + E function to start it the first time but after that it starts okay - this after only one short flight.
Hope this helps.

Warren

UnknownGuest12
October 12th, 2020, 05:35
Hi Warren, got it, thanks

mllgrennman
January 31st, 2023, 15:35
Can some one help me out with the link! I put it in the search and I just get brought back here.

Scorch00
January 31st, 2023, 17:43
I found it pretty quickly in the library section for P3D civilian aircraft. Page 3 both the float and fixed gear version are there about 2/3 the way down the page.

DonMuskopf
February 1st, 2023, 08:56
This has always been one of my favorite aircraft.