PDA

View Full Version : Dinos EF2000 and SW F4B and tacpack v1.5.0.2

jeansy
January 27th, 2018, 23:54
VRS did a update this week, to Version 1.5.0.2 on the 23rd Jan

as I only bought it last night, im finding that I cant get the stores window to load(black window) on the Simworks F-4 and Dino's EF2000 wont load the MFDs textures

can some please confirm if they are suffering the same problem if they own one or both of these addons

Dimus
January 28th, 2018, 01:13
For the F-4B you have to run the configuration app and select Tacpack, as you may still be using the non-TP load manager. For the Typhoon I need to reinstall it to check if it works for me. I have not yet updated Tacpack. Dear

jeansy
January 28th, 2018, 02:05
For the F-4B you have to run the configuration app and select Tacpack, as you may still be using the non-TP load manager. For the Typhoon I need to reinstall it to check if it works for me. I have not yet updated Tacpack. Dear

with the current version SWS_F-4BN_v1.30_20171115 Im not finding the load manger exe only the carrier setup, ive check all the folders, the load manger was working fine until i install the tacpack lastnight, im also having problems with dinos ef2000

im thinking i might have botched install as im not get any radars on any of the phantoms besides the ef2000

but on the other hand it works fine with dinos aeromacchi and S-3B

jeansy
January 28th, 2018, 05:06
for some reason its not allowing the cfgswitcher.exe to install, the shortcut appears on my desktop however its just the geneic exe icon and when i click on it it says is not valid and check pathway

E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimWorks Studios\cfgSwitcher\ and its not there or anyware on the pc,

Dimus could you be kind enough to send me that exe I want to see what happens, it cant be the anti virus as its off anyway and ive checked its history and nothing has been flagged, ive installed the F-4B, EF2000, Tacpack and Hornet as admin

jeansy
January 28th, 2018, 05:41
Its all good mate, I found a p3dv3 installer that the switcher worked, can i copied it pasted it in the p3dv4 install

now i just trouble shoot

Dimus
January 28th, 2018, 10:50
I think it is still being worked on for P3D v4 and it is not officially out yet. I'm confused as I'm doing some testing on it for SWS.

jeansy
January 29th, 2018, 01:58
im not sure if its a install problem or a aircraft problem or a config problem

tacpack works perfect with some models but with the f-4b and the eurofighter is nothing short of heartache

at one point last night in one of many shutdown, reboots, p3d restart both worked at point point, however the next time i loaded the 2 aircraft i was back at square one

im at a loss here

jeansy
January 29th, 2018, 02:46
ok im come the the conclusion this might be a SWS coding problem, as I cant get the radars work either

after several reinstalls and several xml edits i got the Eurofighter to work

RobM
January 29th, 2018, 10:08
VRS did a update this week, to Version 1.5.0.2 on the 23rd Jan

as I only bought it last night, im finding that I cant get the stores window to load(black window) on the Simworks F-4 and Dino's EF2000 wont load the MFDs textures

can some please confirm if they are suffering the same problem if they own one or both of these addons

Sorry Matt, but when you say that Dino's Eurofighter won't load the MFDs textures, what do you mean? Do you mean the screens
were just blank?

I just updated tacpack (thanks for the tip by way; in FSX, tacpack would squawk if my install was out of date; not apparently in P3Dv4),
loaded the Eurofighter, and everything appeared as usual in the vc.

- RobM

jeansy
January 29th, 2018, 17:18
Sorry Matt, but when you say that Dino's Eurofighter won't load the MFDs textures, what do you mean? Do you mean the screens
were just blank?

I just updated tacpack (thanks for the tip by way; in FSX, tacpack would squawk if my install was out of date; not apparently in P3Dv4),
loaded the Eurofighter, and everything appeared as usual in the vc.

- RobM

yes, however i found out what was going on, i needed to install the tacpack as admin, which i thought i did, after a few reinstalls everything is working fine with the exception of the simworks F-4B with no load manager or radar and hud

it had me baffled as some of the aircraft worked and some others didnt, but with a coffee and retracing my steps, it turned out to be something simple that i sometimes overlook

now I just have to wait for the F-4B patch which is being worked on

SiR_RiPPER
January 30th, 2018, 13:58
There is no Tacpack functionality for the F-4B in v4, as the current version was released way before Tacpack v4 was out.

We are working on the update right now.

jeansy
January 31st, 2018, 06:40
Ripper, thanks for the reply and sitrep

can you explain why the load manger screen is just a black pop and I cant load since installing the tacpack

even after clicking on non pack in the shift=1 window I still get all black windows 2 & 3

is their anyway way to get those 2 popups back?