PDA

View Full Version : Saying Helllo

Ruski
January 27th, 2018, 15:39
Hi
Just got accepted as a member...I was a member here back when CFS3 first came out earlty 2000,,But got lost and had to re up...I'm 68 retired in Ohio moved here from New England 8 years ago.Lived in N.Y.,,R.I.CT ..I've benn simming since Chuck Yaegar days ,,,I was clearing out old cd's the other day and found CDFS 3 and FSX and It was enough to give me the itch..I fly most everything IL-2,BAT,,,CLOD,,EAW,,CFS2,,Strike Fighters 2..Janes WWII Fighters.Each one has it's own special appeal I had ETO running years ago but got lost trying to figure it out earlier...But I know I'm in the right place to ask...
Russ

mongoose
January 27th, 2018, 19:16
Welcome back. A lot to get through if you have the time and patience. Start with the ETO sticky(ies) and then also see Ankor Shaders and the new aircraft. That should keep you busy for a while!:jump:

Ruski
January 28th, 2018, 02:40
Hello Mongoose ,,Thanks
Always good to visit with folks who enjoy what I do...I already have a few questions so here goes
Can I use a no cd thing with it??
Can I still keep my stock CFS3,,Most sims like IL-2 allow multiple installs easily..??
Do ETO and PTO go into the same CFS3 install,,,I'm partial to the PTO being a former Marine
I have a cd with quite a few mods terrains I think they are Winding Man's and planes can I use the terrains ???
I started a bit yesterday but gave up ,,Todays a fresh day and ready to get it done today...
Thanks to any help in all this

MajorMagee
January 28th, 2018, 03:58
I currently have 16 different installs. The key is using MultiCFS3.exe (copy to and run from the same location as your cfs3.exe file for each install) to create unique directories in C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\

The reason I have so many different installs is that my computer never liked the era switching programs that come with ETO and Rising Sun, and would quickly corrupt themselves (or never worked in the case of RS). I had the hard drive space so I just turned each era into its own install and skipped the risk of using the switcher.

Ruski
January 28th, 2018, 04:31
Hi Major
Is that the utility by Martin Wright?? I can't find a link that works for it..I'd like to have seperate installs for CFS3 with Firepower and ETO /PTO..I think that was one of the issues I had before along with switching time frames in the ETO
Thanks for the reply

ndicki
January 28th, 2018, 05:48
Welcome back!

Lots of work in store, but this will help:

http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/

Go to CFS3, then utilities, and you'll find the Multi-install tool.

Ruski
January 28th, 2018, 06:20
ndicki
Thank you ,,but went to that page and there's no way to download it...It defines it but it won't download..
Russ

sixstrings5859
January 28th, 2018, 06:24
Glad to have you here Ruski. I use Win 7 64 bit as a OS and have no problems with any of the expansions and i have them all.Just followed instructions and it went like a breeze. The "thingy" can be used . Just make sure you get the right one as mentioned in the sticky on getting CFS3 to work with Win 10. Read all the stickies you can. I suggest starting off with CFS3-BoB as it is the easiest to install and has the multi-install tool included so you can us it for other installs if needed.Just copy and past to each install. ETO and PTO-RS are a little tricky. I too am a fan of IL-2 1946 and have 5 separate installs including VP modpack and BAT which are my favorites.Read all you can and there are some really helpful people here. Welcome to the addiction ! Regards,Scott

Ruski
January 28th, 2018, 06:43
Thanks Scott
I think i remember you from before,,I too am running Win 7 64 Tried Win 10 for about an hour and went back..I'm having a hard time finding anything,,,I clicked on the link and can't find any ETO BOB or any thing,,I'm still registered there..Must be having a bad day but I'll keep looking ..I got 4 IL-2 setups BAT being the best,,and I still fly EAW on line with a bunch of old timers in Europe,,Been flying it since it came out with a couple breaks to move,,,,I'll keep looking but BOB is really interesting to me I fly Cliffs Of Dover since they straightened it out..
Russ

OK managed to find the BOB download page that will keep me busy today ,,But think i may be getting senile LOL Can't find any ETO /PTO downloads

sixstrings5859
January 28th, 2018, 07:01
Check my CFS3 links thread and there are links to the sites you need to check out. It lists where you can down load ETO,PTO,PTO-RS. MAW and more.CFS3-ETO and PTO can be found at this site http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/10-eto-pto-sim-outhouse/ Hope this helps. Check my links thread to find out more http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/105555-List-of-links-for-CFS3 Regards,Scott

mongoose
January 28th, 2018, 07:58
ndicki
Thank you ,,but went to that page and there's no way to download it...It defines it but it won't download..
Russ

Press the yellow dot on the beta prog definition page you saw.

I have installs bot on my C:, D;, and E: drives with evberfything from a pw install (FP etc) to various ETO versions and Clive's BoB, MAW, PTO. Do check all the stickies.
Yes the unmentionable can be used i/o the CD

Ruski
January 28th, 2018, 07:59
Scott
Things are weird here,,,Copied my CFS3 install from the default to C:\Flight\Combat Flight Simulator 3...Renamed it Combat Flight Simulator 3 BOB,,,,,Ran the installer and It created
CFS_3 BoB but it ran OK from there except some missions were called "stock missions do not run" the ones with the XML extension ..I did run multiCFS and set it to the correct folder,,,So to test I copies all the files from CFS_3 Bob to CFS3 BOB and it ran..But at least I can get a working BOB install either way...Now to test it all out and tweak it a bit ..
I've clicked all the links to ETO/PTO and can't find those on any page ,,Plenty of missions but nodownload for the base installs...I go to the first link and it's mostly vehicles,,,But at least I got BoB cooking
Russ

mongoose
January 28th, 2018, 08:05
BTW what is you OS? For win10 seems better not to install ETO in the "Program Files (x86) but in your main C:/ or whatever.

The aussiex installs are further down on http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/10-eto-pto-sim-outhouse/

LouP
January 28th, 2018, 08:07
Welcome back. I took a long break a while ago, also. We can never really escape lol :wavey:

LouP

Led Zeppelin
January 28th, 2018, 08:29
Hello and welcome!

Ruski
January 28th, 2018, 08:41
Hey Guys good to meet you all...Yeah I was going to another site but it got a bit too political I've always found this site easy to fit into ..Simming is simming and nothing else..And i'm running Win7 63,,Win 10 didn't work out for me a lot of my old gems wouldn't run on it and the free version way back wouldn't even run FSX they might have fixed it by now ,,But I've been through DOS and Win 3.1 and tired of changing every few years I'm happy with 7 and that's the end..

Ruski
January 28th, 2018, 13:15
OK got everything I need for an ETO and PTO install I'm going to copy my clean CFS3 from the default directory to C:\Flight ans renane them CFS3_ETI & CFS3_PTO...I'm guessinng I need a copy of the multi CFS3 in each one naming the folder as the one it's running in ??? Got BoB up and running great...When this first came out my rig couldn't handle it mostly due to crappy on board video so I shelved it...Now got a fair video card and it runs great,,,Same with CLOD but that's been well modded since it's crappy release state..So in the AM I'll get to work

sixstrings5859
February 3rd, 2018, 05:21
Hey Ruski, have all the CFS3 expansions and a few custom ones also and have absolutely no problems. Followed instructions in the stickies to a tee and that did the trick and am staying away from Win. 10. Win.7 has all i need and staying with it to the bitter end. You will need to copy the multi tool to the other installs if they don't already have it and run it like before . Into IL-2 '46 also. BAT and VP modpack are my favorites. Will always have a soft spot for CFS3 though and still enjoy it greatly. All i can say is follow the instructions carefully and you should have no problems. If you do feel free to post as there are some really smart people here to help.Will wait till they come out with CLoD ver. 5.0 before i get it though i've heard that Blitz is pretty good.CFS3-BoB is one of my favorite installs and play it regularly. Good luck ! Regards,Scott

Daiwilletti
February 3rd, 2018, 12:19
...I'm guessinng I need a copy of the multi CFS3 in each one naming the folder as the one it's running in ??? Got BoB up and running great...

Greetings, Ruski, welcome back! Yes you can find the multicfs3.exe tool within the BoB install that you downloaded. It needs to be placed in the root of each separate install and run from there.

Steven190
February 3rd, 2018, 13:33
Glad to see you here Russ, there are a lot of things to get and do

sixstrings5859
March 3rd, 2018, 17:24
How's it going Russ ? Hope all is well. Were you able to get ETO,PTO Solomons ,PTO-RS running ? Glad to have you here. Regards,Scott