PDA

View Full Version : Issue with my new CH gear :(

VFR Reviews
February 14th, 2009, 16:12
Hey guys :)

I have some new CH things to review. They are the Eclipse, MFP, and throttle quad.

I'm pretty sure that I've set things up right. The three controllers are all set to be recognized by FSX as one thing, which it does. However, I can't use all of my axes. The FSX menu won't recognize all of the axes. I an programme all of the buttons there, but I can't use my mixture lever, and only one of the quad's levers. The game won't reconize them when I try to set them using FSX. You can't assign axes via the control manager, correct?

Anyway, thanks :)

Kevin

Murray Cod
February 14th, 2009, 17:47
For each CM Device there are 6 possible axes (X, Y, Z, R, U and V). A CM Device is not a physical controller, it is a virtual device. IF you look in the control manager at the Throttle Quad when it is in DX mode, you will see there are CM Device 1 to 16 under DX Device.

For me I have:
- pitch and roll assigend to the x and y axes in CM Device 1
- the throttle axis for my Fighterstick assigned to CM Device 2 Z axis.
- each of the 6 levers on the throttle quad assigned to each of the 6 axes for CM Device 3
- the rudder and left and right brake assigned to 3 of the 6 possible axes on CM Device 4

hope this helps
MC

VFR Reviews
February 15th, 2009, 07:12
Ah, thank you. So, will FSX recognize the different CM devices? I thought you had to have it all grouped in one :(

harleyman
February 15th, 2009, 09:31
Glad you got it sorted...

I don't have any of that nice stuff...Just an ol 3D Pro for me....:faint:

Navy Chief
February 15th, 2009, 09:51
Ah, thank you. So, will FSX recognize the different CM devices? I thought you had to have it all grouped in one :(

Any future problems, here is a GREAT place to check out:

http://www.ch-hangar.com/

NC

VFR Reviews
February 15th, 2009, 11:25
Thanks Chief :)

I posted on their forums the other day, but haven't had any help really :(

Ok, here is the latest thing. The quad has detents, and when I move the levers below those detents, it doesn't recognize it. However, when I above them, it suddenly jumps up to 50% throttle.

Any help?

Thanks a bunch guys :)

Kevin

Lewis-A2A
February 15th, 2009, 11:34
What Navy Cheif said, CH have CH-hanger for support and they go out of there way to help sort issues. A top notch company with some good guys and gals :friday:

VFR Reviews
February 15th, 2009, 13:34
Thanks Lewis, I guess I'll go there :)

I hoped to get a quick answer here, but I'll post again at CH ;)

Timber
February 15th, 2009, 17:34
Thanks Lewis, I guess I'll go there :)

I hoped to get a quick answer here, but I'll post again at CH ;)

VFR I'm not using any CH programs fpr the throttle quad. Setup and calibration is done through FSUIPC.
I disabled all the quad commands through FSX. Then, using FSUIPC, I setup assignments for each throttle, prop pitch and mixture. I then calibrate (Joystick Calibration) each one through FSUIPC.
The below detente is used for the reverse thrust on the throttle, and pitch control on the props (Not flying any jet stuff). I set my idle just above detente.
The quad gets all of it's assignments through FSUIPC.
If you are running four engines the first throttle Assignment goes to throttle 1 and 2, (check one box for throttle 1 and the second box for throttle two; do the same thing for throttles 3 and 4. Also the same thing for it's a turbo prop. The Joystick Calibration with then sync throttle one and two, then three and four.

FLighT01
February 16th, 2009, 04:10

Not at all, I've been running as many as 5 different CH controllers, always in direct x mode, never programmed or what they refer to as mapped mode, that way I get 6 axis per controller if they have 6 axis available.

The only gotcha is when assigning axis or buttons/flippers in FSX make sure you've got the correct contoller showing in the box at the top of the page before you assign an axis. Can't tell you the number of times I thought I programmed the elevator trim axis to my fighterstick's throttle wheel (unused as I have a Pro Throttle) only to discover on attempting to take off that I had programmed it to a rudder pedal, or other controller axis.

I install the CH Control Manager software but use it only for calibration routine and axis sensitivity, dead zones, centered axis, response curves, etc.

There is a wealth of info available over on CH's Forums.

VFR Reviews
February 16th, 2009, 06:53
Thanks guys very much! I'm off to the CH forums :D