PDA

View Full Version : Arkia and Wideroe Liveries For Dash 7, Please?

Aharon
January 27th, 2018, 11:14
Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Where can I find Arkia and Wideroe liveries for freeware FSX Port-over de Havilland Dash 7 designed by Milton Shupe, panel by Scott Thomas, textures by Mike Kelly, Flight Models by Bernt Stolle (FSX) and Tom Falley (FS9 and FSX compatible) and Sounds by Nigel Richards?

I seem to remember seeing Arkia liveries for Dash 7 on avsim and flightsim last year or 2 years ago but they seem to vanish??

Any suggestions to point me in right direction for downloads would be appreciated, please as it is possible I am using wrong words in search field for those two websites mentioned above considering the fact that art of search is NOT exactly perfect!

Thanks!!

And what is difference between FSX Port-Over DeHavilland Dash 7 year 2012 and FSX Dehavilland DHC7 Dash 7 for Acceleration year 2014 both by same Milton Shupe? I just installed FSX Dehavilland DHC7 Dash 7 year 2012 and it looked good. Cannot find anything wrong with year 2012?????

Regards,

Aharon

SeanTK
January 27th, 2018, 17:00
I think these file names will be compatible with the FSX model since it's really a continued evolution from FS2002 days, but you'll have to check. Look on flightsim.com for the following...(may have to copy paste zip file name)

dash7wid.zip (https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=55051)

dhc7ark.zip (https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=65858)

arkia-7.zip (https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=59905)

Milton Shupe
January 27th, 2018, 19:39
Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Where can I find Arkia and Wideroe liveries for freeware FSX Port-over de Havilland Dash 7 designed by Milton Shupe, panel by Scott Thomas, textures by Mike Kelly, Flight Models by Bernt Stolle (FSX) and Tom Falley (FS9 and FSX compatible) and Sounds by Nigel Richards?

I seem to remember seeing Arkia liveries for Dash 7 on avsim and flightsim last year or 2 years ago but they seem to vanish??

Any suggestions to point me in right direction for downloads would be appreciated, please as it is possible I am using wrong words in search field for those two websites mentioned above considering the fact that art of search is NOT exactly perfect!

Thanks!!

And what is difference between FSX Port-Over DeHavilland Dash 7 year 2012 and FSX Dehavilland DHC7 Dash 7 for Acceleration year 2014 both by same Milton Shupe? I just installed FSX Dehavilland DHC7 Dash 7 year 2012 and it looked good. Cannot find anything wrong with year 2012?????

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon.

The Dash 7 FSX port over of 2012 I did specifically for FSX used FSX native format textures, but is still a port over using FS9 models.
You might check the "readme.txt".
Mine says, "NOTE: This is a complete package and it is *NOT* compatible with the original Milton Shupe Dash 7's released. A new Paint Kit is required and is provided."

The 2014 FSXA version is a native FSX conversion (of my 2012 version) done by Euroastar350 and its texture mapping is the same as the 2012 port over, just made native FSX.

With that being said, the older paint schemes will NOT work.

You should also check Simviation.com for those paint schemes. I think you will find at least one of them for this version, if not all.

Aharon
January 28th, 2018, 06:12
Thanks Sean for those three repaint links. How in the heck did you manage to find those on flightsim considering the fact I used every imaginable keyword in search field and it produced no results?? After checking your cool links, I just found out those liveries were from year 2003 which was why I ignored them since they were for FS2002 and I do not think they would work anyway.

Thanks Milton for clarification on difference between Dash 7 models for FSX use and thanks for letting me know that the older paint schemes will NOT work in FSX version of Dash 7.

If I cannot find Arkia and Wideroe liveries for freeware FSX Port-over de Havilland Dash 7, I am afraid I would have to put repaint request for those BUT BUT I do remember I did downloaded Arkia livery last year or 2 years ago from either avsim or flightsim and it worked on Dash 7. I am now on new laptop and I accidentally deleted Arkia livery from the older laptop.

Regards,

Aharon

Milton Shupe
January 28th, 2018, 07:07
I looked through my Simviation search but found none for the 2012 Dash 7 version.

I believe the biggest difference in the mapping was for the nacelles as they were totally redone and mapping was improved for better details.
As I recall, the fuselage mapping was "almost" the same but not a perfect match.

Here is the Simviation search for all things "Shupe" related:

https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=Milton+Shupe&categoryId=&page=1&filename=

Aharon
January 28th, 2018, 18:17
Milton,

Thanks for your kind link. I managed to find Arkia liveries DESIGNED for your freeware FSX Port-over de Havilland Dash 7 from Israeli flight simming circles but have not yet found Wideroe liveries so I will try my luck searching Norwegian flight simming websites.

I did successful ground testing of your freeware FSX Port-over de Havilland Dash 7 and studied the cockpit panel with all gauges. One thing puzzles me is that I can see that I can set feet numbers for auto altitude and speed number for auto speed but I cannot find where I can set feet per minute climb or descent??? There is feet per minute gauge but it does not have function for me to set feet per minute climb or descent.

Please advise before I make my first Dash 7 flight?

Thanks for your kind help.

Regards,

Aharon

Milton Shupe
January 28th, 2018, 19:27
Milton,

Thanks for your kind link. I managed to find Arkia liveries DESIGNED for your freeware FSX Port-over de Havilland Dash 7 from Israeli flight simming circles but have not yet found Wideroe liveries so I will try my luck searching Norwegian flight simming websites.

I did successful ground testing of your freeware FSX Port-over de Havilland Dash 7 and studied the cockpit panel with all gauges. One thing puzzles me is that I can see that I can set feet numbers for auto altitude and speed number for auto speed but I cannot find where I can set feet per minute climb or descent??? There is feet per minute gauge but it does not have function for me to set feet per minute climb or descent.

Please advise before I make my first Dash 7 flight?

Thanks for your kind help.

Regards,

Aharon

See attached. Set the fpm climb/descent rates there (in the black area left of the 1200 you see in the screen shot).

Works for me in both windowed and full screen modes.

What sim are you using. and what version of Windows?

Do you have sby turned off?

Aharon
January 29th, 2018, 05:38
See attached. Set the fpm climb/descent rates there (in the black area left of the 1200 you see in the screen shot).Works for me in both windowed and full screen modes.What sim are you using. and what version of Windows?Do you have sby turned off?

Milton,

My apologies for forgetting to tell you which sim and which Windows operating. I am using FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 set in Windows 10 Professional operating system.

Thank you for cool screenshoot showing example of the V/S gauge and yes I already knew existence of V/S gauge as described in your screenshot showing 1,200 ft rate but unfortunately I clicked on it many times trying to change numbers without luck past 3 days during ground testing. That V/S gauge shown in your screenshot seems to have inoperable function in my FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2.

Please forgive me for lack of ultra advance knowledge on gauge stuff but what is sby????

Regards

Aharon

Milton Shupe
January 29th, 2018, 07:44
Milton,

My apologies for forgetting to tell you which sim and which Windows operating. I am using FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 set in Windows 10 Professional operating system.

Thank you for cool screenshoot showing example of the V/S gauge and yes I already knew existence of V/S gauge as described in your screenshot showing 1,200 ft rate but unfortunately I clicked on it many times trying to change numbers without luck past 3 days during ground testing. That V/S gauge shown in your screenshot seems to have inoperable function in my FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2.

Please forgive me for lack of ultra advance knowledge on gauge stuff but what is sby????

Regards

Aharon

Hmmm, okay, maybe there was an update or fix since your download so I'll upload my complete panel folder for you.

Just download, unzip, and replace your folder with mine.

http://www.sim-outhouse.net/downloads/SOHTeam/panel.74b.zip

Aharon
January 29th, 2018, 09:58
Milton,

Thank you for your kind and generous assistance in the panel problem. I am downloading it and will conduct ground test tonight at home. Will report to you the results of ground test before I take my first flight with Dash 7. I am dreaming a nice flight using Arkia livery across Negev desert OR Air Greenland livery across freezing cold snow landscape of Greenland or Iceland :) I am still working on search for Wideroe livery so that I can use Dash 7 in tough Norwegian airport conditions.

Regards,

Aharon

Milton Shupe
January 29th, 2018, 11:49
I have uploaded a video to YouTube.

This video was made by Air Greenland about their Dash 7's and why they love the STOL capabilities for Greenland's 800 meter runways.

The video shows two flights from the cockpit, the first is an introduction and shows going through various phases of flight, use of checklists, etc.

The second flight ends with a 30 degree dog leg approach and landing to an 800 meter runway on strong winds and blowing snow.

If you love the Dash 7, you will love this video. If you do not love the Dash 7, you may after seeing this. Then go fly one of these flights. :-)

https://youtu.be/XFUvthxNaMo

Aharon
January 29th, 2018, 12:16
Milton,

It is my pleasure to announce that your updated panel file name panel.74b via your provided link in previous post has finally made the v/s gauge operable enabling me to set feet per minute number for climb or descend.

Also, it is my pleasure to announce that your updated panel also fixed the inoperable switch button enabling me to switch the flip switch between taxi and flight. I did not tell you that problem before because I did not want to offend you.

You will also find it amusing that your panel update caused me some panic and worry but I managed to figure out how to make it work. After installation of your updated panel, I noticed that the spoiler flaps are upward when starting DASH 7 parked at gate so I used the famous slash command to retract the spoiler flaps but it refused to do. This led me impression that it must be done via 2D panel or VC panel so I looked at both 2D and VC panels looking for spoiler button to retract the flaps but could not find such button or switch or level causing me to panic because I did not want to fly with spoiler flaps up all the time.

This made me to test all gauges to be sure all worked well. So far, all gauges worked well and everything worked well except I was unable to solve the spoiler flap mystery. So I decided to conduct taxi and runway take off run to test the plane. I switched (flipped) the level from taxi to flight before starting to taxi and to my pleased surprise and amazement, there was digital lightened announcement on the panel that said "UNLOCKED SPOLIERS". And it retracted the spoiler flaps!!!

I never knew that if I wanted to retract the spoiler flaps, I must flip the switch button from taxi to flight!!!

Yes you can laugh if you want. :biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

And thank you for cool youtube video link. Funny thing is that I was going to youtube site to study all DASH 7 flights as it is always my standard strict to study youtubes before starting flight to airport I have not flown to before OR before starting new plane such as Dash 7 but HEY you beat me to that. LOL

And oh yes you can be sure I would enjoy Dash 7 flights because I always want to fly Arkia livery Dash 7 across my native country Israel, Wideroe livery Dash 7 across snowy Norway, and Air Greenland livery across Greenland and Iceland. But first I have to test Dash 7 in first flight to study fuel consumption rate before starting to fly it regularly.

To thank you for all your kind assistance and patient help in solving my Dash 7 problems, allow me to present you nice screenshot showing precise authentic recreation of real world Arkia DASH 7 at LLET Eilat airport which Arkia Dash 7s always operated from LLET to two Tel Aviv airports and Haifa airport.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/29/dash.jpg

Regards,

Aharon

Milton Shupe
January 29th, 2018, 14:25
Aharon,

Thanks for the update :-)

According to real world Dash 7 pilots on all the Dash 7 projects, the spoilers were usually up for taxi operations, and they would take active when they were up causing ATC's much heartburn. But, probably good practice to switch to "Flight" before take off.

Once you apply throttle greater than 50-60% (if I recall correctly), they auto-retract in the RW and with this model as well.

Happy flights to you Sir. :-)

speedy70
January 29th, 2018, 16:34
Aharon Eliat seems to be a beautiful airport but it also seems to not be downloadable from the Isreali Scenery site.

Perhaps you cold advise.

Cheers Chris

Aharon
January 29th, 2018, 17:16
\According to real world Dash 7 pilots on all the Dash 7 projects, the spoilers were usually up for taxi operations, and they would take active when they were up causing ATC's much heartburn. But, probably good practice to switch to "Flight" before take off.Once you apply throttle greater than 50-60% (if I recall correctly), they auto-retract in the RW and with this model as well.

Ahh I never knew that and it was good thing I installed your updated panel that made the function of spoiler flaps more realistic than before!

Once again, thanks a zillion for your kindness and great help.

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon
January 29th, 2018, 17:20
Aharon Eliat seems to be a beautiful airport but it also seems to not be downloadable from the Isreali Scenery site.Perhaps you cold advise.

http://www.israeli-scenery.org/released-projects/eilat-airport-x is where I got the scenery from but their download links seem to be broken so I made some calls to the Israeli flight sim circles to see if they can restore the links.

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon
January 31st, 2018, 06:50
Took first flight on Dash 7 making 31 nice screenshots out of the test flight from BIAR to BIRK.

Everything worked well and all gauges worked superbly. But the speed would not go more than 200 kts flying westward. I thought the maximum speed for Dash 7 is 235 kts which is why I wanted to go for 220 or 225 kt speed but I put throttle power in full and the plane would not go faster than 200 kts.

Is this correct? I know that flying westward would result in slower speed for propellers but I just want to make sure it is correct for Dash 7.

Regards,

Aharon

Milton Shupe
January 31st, 2018, 07:10
Took first flight on Dash 7 making 31 nice screenshots out of the test flight from BIAR to BIRK.

Everything worked well and all gauges worked superbly. But the speed would not go more than 200 kts flying westward. I thought the maximum speed for Dash 7 is 235 kts which is why I wanted to go for 220 or 225 kt speed but I put throttle power in full and the plane would not go faster than 200 kts.

Is this correct? I know that flying westward would result in slower speed for propellers but I just want to make sure it is correct for Dash 7.

Regards,

Aharon

Yes, the max allowable speed is 235 kias. That is not a cruise speed. Typical cruise speeds per the two Dash 7 pilots that did the flight models for this version was 165kias at appropriate cruise settings. Cruise altitudes were typically 15-17K'.
Use the chart on the yoke for proper power guidelines.

Remember, weight, temperatures, altitude, and power settings all determine speeds.

Did you see these two helpful tools in the docs folder?

Also keep in mind that airspeeds at altitude are quite different than ground speeds.
See the GPS readout for that.

Bjoern
January 31st, 2018, 07:11
What speed? Indicated? True? Ground?

Aharon
January 31st, 2018, 09:29
What speed? Indicated? True? Ground?

200kt according to speedometer gauge and 220mph ground speed according to GPS.

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon
January 31st, 2018, 09:35
Typical cruise speeds per the two Dash 7 pilots that did the flight models for this version was 165kias at appropriate cruise settings. Cruise altitudes were typically 15-17K'.

Milton,

Thanks for kind explanations accompanied by cool charts. Darn I did 200kt at 14,000 ft.

What puzzles me is that Dash 7 was flown by so many past airlines and many present airlines yet I do not see any repaints for that plane except seven ones (UN, Air Greenland, old name of Air Greenland, and factory livery) from your freeware FSX Port-over de Havilland Dash 7 and five Arkia liveries from Israeli flight simming circles. How come?? Or maybe there are many Dash 7 liveries somewhere on some flight simming website whose existence that I am not aware of??? I looked at flightsim, avsim, and simivation only to find liveries that are not compatible with new freeware FSX Port-over de Havilland Dash 7.

There were only 113 DHC-7s built, but these 113 birds were or are showing more than 450 different combinations of liveries and registrations.

If there are no liveries, then I guess I will put repaint request for Wideroe on SOH forums.

Regards,

Aharon

Milton Shupe
January 31st, 2018, 10:00

Regards,

Aharon

AFAIK, the gps reports only knots ground speed; that would be 220 knots or 253 mph

Milton Shupe
January 31st, 2018, 11:26
All may not be lost ...

I pulled over the older Dash 7 (2007 version), plugged in the new sounds and panel/VC/Gauges, replaced the props, and she looks, flies, and sounds great.

Not quite the fidelity of the new one but it could easily be confused for the new one.

The flight model is the original I did but you will not have any trouble transitioning between the two.

I'll spend some more time checking it out but can make it available to you.

The textures you are after will work fine with this version.

Aharon
January 31st, 2018, 11:43
Milton,

Thanks for all answers and thanks for looking at past liveries to make them available for all flight simmers.

Psst psst I am so happy with your freeware FSX Port-over de Havilland Dash 7 hence me making a new post requesting repaint for only one airline Wideroe for your specific new model base. Smiling

Also already saw in other websites all those repaints shown in your previous post and found the fictional yellow Canadian air force rescue livery too tempting to pass or ignore!! LOL LOL Wondering if I can export that yellow Canadian rescue livery to freeware FSX Port-over de Havilland Dash 7???? I also downloaded The Canadian Forces CC-132 livery and BC Air livery but I do not think those will work for your freeware FSX Port-over de Havilland Dash 7.

Also another quick question about your freeware FSX Port-over de Havilland Dash 7. Am I hallucinating or is it my imagination that I actually saw the pilots' heads moving and turning sideways during my first Dash 7 flight?

Regards,

Aharon

Milton Shupe
January 31st, 2018, 12:49
Milton,

Thanks for all answers and thanks for looking at past liveries to make them available for all flight simmers.

Psst psst I am so happy with your freeware FSX Port-over de Havilland Dash 7 hence me making a new post requesting repaint for only one airline Wideroe for your specific new model base. Smiling

Also already saw in other websites all those repaints shown in your previous post and found the fictional yellow Canadian air force rescue livery too tempting to pass or ignore!! LOL LOL Wondering if I can export that yellow Canadian rescue livery to freeware FSX Port-over de Havilland Dash 7???? I also downloaded The Canadian Forces CC-132 livery and BC Air livery but I do not think those will work for your freeware FSX Port-over de Havilland Dash 7.

Also another quick question about your freeware FSX Port-over de Havilland Dash 7. Am I hallucinating or is it my imagination that I actually saw the pilots' heads moving and turning sideways during my first Dash 7 flight?

Regards,

Aharon

Those textures were made for the older version and will not work on the version you have. Sorry.

Yes, the pilots are animated in your version.

Just curious, why are you not running the FSX native Dash 7 here in the library? It's the same version you have but converted to FSX native.

Bjoern
January 31st, 2018, 14:21

Top speed depends on weight and altitude. If you're heavy and too low, you're not going to attain it.

Aharon
January 31st, 2018, 14:42
Just curious, why are you not running the FSX native Dash 7 here in the library? It's the same version you have but converted to FSX native.

I did not know about existence of that FSX native Dash 7 until few days after I installed your freeware FSX Port-over de Havilland Dash 7. I just discovered about FSX native Dash 7 few days later due to not exactly perfect science of search engines of both avsim and flightsim hence me being baffled by two FSX versions of Dash which is why I posted question on SOH here asking what was difference.

Regards,

Aharon

Milton Shupe
January 31st, 2018, 15:17
I did not know about existence of that FSX native Dash 7 until few days after I installed your freeware FSX Port-over de Havilland Dash 7. I just discovered about FSX native Dash 7 few days later due to not exactly perfect science of search engines of both avsim and flightsim hence me being baffled by two FSX versions of Dash which is why I posted question on SOH here asking what was difference.

Regards,

Aharon

The native fsx version "may" give you better frame rates, does not have the occasional disappearing glass and prop issues (in clouds or certain scenery type), and has bump maps.

Other than that, they are the same.

Aharon
February 1st, 2018, 05:54
Yes, the pilots are animated in your version.

Wow and this is for totally FREEWARE add on plane!!! AMAZING.

Regards,

Aharon

Milton Shupe
February 1st, 2018, 06:07
Wow and this is for totally FREEWARE add on plane!!! AMAZING.

Regards,

Aharon

All my FSX and FS9 aircraft have animated pilots and crew. Nothing new there.

You can check out our releases here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=show&userid=249&sort=d

Aharon
May 16th, 2018, 12:37
Somebody painted it. This request was completed.