PDA

View Full Version : 5 original star trek episodes that were banned overseas

Panther_99FS
January 19th, 2018, 16:18
http://heroesandiconstv.com/lists/5-original-star-trek-episodes-that-were-banned-overseas

Moses03
January 19th, 2018, 19:01
That is interesting. I can see why Patterns of Force was banned anyways.

Makes me think-

Growing up in Dallas in the early to mid 1970's, Star Trek was syndicated on Channel 39 which was a Christian owned station at the time. Several of the original series episodes had been banned for years for various reasons. Sometime around 1974-75, the station made a big deal about finally showing the banned episodes and this caused a major buzz for us 7th graders. So for one week they broadcast the "lost episodes" and for the first time saw "Catspaw" (occult themed?), "And the Children Shall Lead" (kids in charge? Hehe), "Lights of Zetar" (Paranormal stuff), "Plato's Stepchildren" (that interracial kiss...the South was very non-progressive back then) and possibly "Miri" (again, kids in charge).

Personally I thought Lt Uhura was a hottie.:biggrin-new:

This was a big event seeing "new" episodes of Star Trek!

n4gix
January 20th, 2018, 17:21
I knew immediately which of them was banned in Germany. After all, it's pretty obvious. I suspect that two episodes of Battlestar Galactica were banned there for the same reason (Nazi uniforms and swastikas).

Panther_99FS
January 20th, 2018, 18:59
Yes...
I think a lot of folks nowadays have totally forgotten that 'The Original Series' was VERY progressive for its day....