PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft F-14 X updated to P3D v4

henrystreet
January 19th, 2018, 09:06
Just passing the word along.....

showing as v2.2 in your downloads

odourboy
January 19th, 2018, 13:56
Downloaded and installed smoothly (I let it install into the default 'Myaddons' folder ). I've only done two flights so far. Both started out uneventfully, but ended badly. The first, running with TacPack, I fired my guns twice and the screen froze and P3D exited about 15 seconds later with no log message. The second, cruising at FL270 for about 20 minutes, I lost my left engine for no obvious reason, failed to restart it, but managed to land in one piece. (Admittedly, the second could have been operator error since I haven't looked at the documentation in a few years)

Curious if anyone else finds any odd issues.

henrystreet
January 19th, 2018, 14:18
Downloaded and installed smoothly (I let it install into the default 'Myaddons' folder ). I've only done two flights so far. Both started out uneventfully, but ended badly. The first, running with TacPack, I fired my guns twice and the screen froze and P3D exited about 15 seconds later with no log message. The second, cruising at FL270 for about 20 minutes, I lost my left engine for no obvious reason, failed to restart it, but managed to land in one piece.

Curious if anyone else finds any odd issues.

umm..I will testing tomorrow. Will let you know.

modelr
January 19th, 2018, 16:38
Where did you find this? I got mine from PC Aviator Australia, and they don't show it. My last update is dated 07/01/16, V 2.02. it shows through P3Dv3.

EDIT: Found it on the Aerosoft site. Had to register, then register each of my products, even tho' purchased elsewhere. Once registered, I could download the updates. P3Dv3/4 version is listed as V3.00

Thanks for posting, I don't think I would have found it, otherwise. Downloading now.

odourboy
January 19th, 2018, 17:40
I had much better luck this evening. Ran it through several scenarios. I'll chock up my initial engine issue to user error. And no P3D crashes during several flights.

Navy Chief
January 19th, 2018, 20:10
All looked fine until I went into afterburner......

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57212&stc=1

Manschy
January 20th, 2018, 04:48
NC - this is strange! You also got texture-issues with your Skyhawk, innit? So meanwhile, I think it is no model-depending problem! There seems to be some graphics issues indeed you suggest in the very beginning of your other threat. Some textures/effects/resolution settings seem to be invalid or maybe the aircraft were installed into a wrong direction?

Navy Chief
January 20th, 2018, 06:46
NC - this is strange! You also got texture-issues with your Skyhawk, innit? So meanwhile, I think it is no model-depending problem! There seems to be some graphics issues indeed you suggest in the very beginning of your other threat. Some textures/effects/resolution settings seem to be invalid or maybe the aircraft were installed into a wrong direction?

It has to be a graphics settings. Milvz and Simworks Phantoms both have zero problems. Dino's Tomcat, no problems. It is puzzling. I tried resetting to default graphics, but that didn't fix it. Will keep looking. NC:banghead:

odourboy
January 20th, 2018, 08:39
Looks vaguely similar to this problem discussed on AVSIM. Maybe it can give you some insight:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/527890-what-can-cause-this-issue-with-the-particles-effect-and-with-the-strobenav-lights/

Navy Chief
January 20th, 2018, 10:31
Ok, I solved the weird texture problems by uninstalling AMD software, reinstalling older version, and resetting graphics card settings to factory. Worked.

Now I have another question; actually a couple.

When I ran the Aerosoft Installer, it installed to C:My Addons. Yet P3D does list the aircraft in the menu, and I can select them. If I go to the P3DV4 Simobjects directory, they do not show up of course, because they are in the C:My Addons. Should I have directed the installer to the P3D V4 root directory?

Also, I have tried MANY times now, to add a repaint from Groom Lake Simulations. I add the texture to the proper directory, and modify the aircraft.cfg file. But no matter how many times I have tried, the aircraft paint will NOT show up. It is driving me nuts!:banghead: Thanks, NC

I fixed the afterburner/texture problem, but if someone can answer my questions about the installer and texture problems, I sure would appreciate it!

Update: Groom Lake kindly assisted me in fixing the .cfg file to read properly, and their paint showed up, finally. But would like to know the answer to my question about the installer location! NC

Penzoil3
January 21st, 2018, 07:17
It's a P3D 4 thing. They want add ons installed outside the root folder. Some designers go with it, some don't. Nothing to worry about.
Sue

Dimus
January 21st, 2018, 08:02
I am glad it is possible to install it outside the main folder and I was able to point it to my usual P3D addons folder with no issues. I don't know what they did but it performs superbly in P2D v4.1. Extremely happy with it.

docjohnson
January 21st, 2018, 14:06
Unfortunately, FSPilotshop doesn't have it up yet...glad to know it works!

atrcaptainjohn
January 23rd, 2018, 14:32
Modelr,

How did you register your products on the Aerosoft site? I created an account, but I don't see where I can register the things that I have bought.

Thanks!

RobM
January 23rd, 2018, 15:16
Modelr,

How did you register your products on the Aerosoft site? I created an account, but I don't see where I can register the things that I have bought.

Thanks!

On the Aerosoft site, in the very upper right corner, click on Support/Service, then click on Updates.

Although you may already have a client account, you'll need to open up a new account on Aerosoft Support. Once you
have your Support account opened, you just have to enter your product serial key and all available updates for that
product will be shown. In the case of the F-14, that includes the complete P3Dv4 download.

You don't need to have purchased from Aerosoft, and it will work whether your original purchase was download or DVD.

In the drop down read me, Aerosoft kindly requests that this update service be used by DVD purchasers, but I guess
if the third party vendor download update wait becomes intolerable....

True kudos to Aerosoft for providing a free update to P3Dv4 when so many others are asking me to repurchase. It surely
makes me aware whose products I should purchase in future.

Thanks - Rob

strykerpsg
January 23rd, 2018, 15:32
True kudos to Aerosoft for providing a free update to P3Dv4 when so many others are asking me to repurchase. It surely
makes me aware whose products I should purchase in future.

Thanks - Rob

+1. They (Aerosoft) are tops in my book.

atrcaptainjohn
January 23rd, 2018, 16:03
On the Aerosoft site, in the very upper right corner, click on Support/Service, then click on Updates.

Although you may already have a client account, you'll need to open up a new account on Aerosoft Support. Once you
have your Support account opened, you just have to enter your product serial key and all available updates for that
product will be shown. In the case of the F-14, that includes the complete P3Dv4 download.

Thanks - Rob

I don't have any idea how you found that, but it worked like a charm! Thanks a lot. I have been setting up my v4 and that was the only aircraft left that I wanted installed in it that I couldn't get. Thanks again!!

John