PDA

View Full Version : AI Traffic in P3D V4

aspen31
January 19th, 2018, 07:19
Hi all
I posted the same thread over at Prepar3D but would appreciate input from the fine folks over here
I have recently converted from P3D V3.4 to V4.1. For the most part everything is working well. I have been attempting to use AI aircraft in P4 which worked well previously. Flight plans are developed using Airport AI Enhancer. While the AI function they display no landing gear and often disappear when in proximity to the aircraft I am using. Should I consider this as just an anomaly of V4 and that I should wait as improved AI appear or might there be a fix for this? As far as I know the AI I use are all FSX carry-overs.
Thanks

kiki
January 19th, 2018, 07:53
Hi all
I posted the same thread over at Prepar3D but would appreciate input from the fine folks over here
I have recently converted from P3D V3.4 to V4.1. For the most part everything is working well. I have been attempting to use AI aircraft in P4 which worked well previously. Flight plans are developed using Airport AI Enhancer. While the AI function they display no landing gear and often disappear when in proximity to the aircraft I am using. Should I consider this as just an anomaly of V4 and that I should wait as improved AI appear or might there be a fix for this? As far as I know the AI I use are all FSX carry-overs.
Thanks

Unfortunately they are not compatible with 4.1. There is nothing you can do with that as far as I know. It’s time to search for new ai traffic.

mikewmac
January 19th, 2018, 11:39
Both FS9 and FSX native AI aircraft models worked OK in P3D v3.4, but only FSX native AI aircraft models work OK in P3D v4.1. Most if not all of John Young's AI aircraft models are available in both FS9 and FSX native format and the latter work great in P3D v4.1. In addition the HTAI F16C/D and C-130 FS9 models along with the JAI P-3C FS9 models have been converted to native FSX format. So far I have only added the HTAI F-16C/D native FSX models to P3D v4.1 and they work great.

Manschy
January 19th, 2018, 12:42
Both FS9 and FSX native AI aircraft models worked OK in P3D v3.4, but only FSX native AI aircraft models work OK in P3D v4.1. Most if not all of John Young's AI aircraft models are available in both FS9 and FSX native format and the latter work great in P3D v4.1. In addition the HTAI F16C/D and C-130 FS9 models along with the JAI P-3C FS9 models have been converted to native FSX format. So far I have only added the HTAI F-16C/D native FSX models to P3D v4.1 and they work great.
That's right, but probably with one minor issue: Afterburner effects/texture seem to show anomalies while take-off. I disabled the effects so far and without it I can confirm a good appearance in v4. Not sure what you are looking for primarily (military or civilian), but you can get some good suggestions in building your own AI-traffic by this thread:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/really-p3d-v4-ai.441895/

Furthermore, I absolutely can agree, John Youngs military aircraft are best nativ stuff in military AI currently. The guys over there at MAIW are doing a great job to bring life into the sim's military areas...

aspen31
January 20th, 2018, 02:08
Hi all
I very much appreciate the information.
Thanks
Warren

mikewmac
January 20th, 2018, 05:12
That's right, but probably with one minor issue: Afterburner effects/texture seem to show anomalies while take-off. I disabled the effects so far and without it I can confirm a good appearance in v4......

Manschy,

Yes, FS9/FSX AI light effects, including AI afterburner effect files, do not work well in P3D v3.4 and v4.1.

The two problems with using an FS9/FSX AI afterburner effect file in P3D v3.4 and v4.1 that I found were that the burner flame cone was approximately half the diameter that it should have been and the diameter of the burner rings inside the burner can expanded in diameter about 2X creating the appearance of a large fireball as soon as AI fighters were a relatively short distance away from my viewing point.

For these problems I made the following changes to Steve Holland's fx_nbai_F15_ab.fx file. I doubled the X and Y scale settings for all the particles to fix the first problem and for the second problem I simply removed fx_burner1.bmp, fx_burner2.bmp, fx_burner3.bmp and fx_aniburner1b.bmp from all their texture= entries. These are the four textures that the burner rings use and by eliminating the use of them problem number two disappeared.

This AI afterburner effect modification is a bit tedious and it reduces the realism of the burner can interior when viewed close up, but it does give a much more correctly sized burner flame. This is at best a quick and dirty compromise fix, but I couldn't stand watching John Young's beautiful JYAI F-15C's, D's and E's and FSX native converted HTAI F-16C's and D's turning into fireballs shortly after they left the runway when watching from my KBTV tower cab.

I should add that I haven't yet tried to deal with the problem of the increased size of the FS9/FSX nav lights when AI fighters are viewed in the distance in P3D v3.4 and v4.1, which also tend to create the appearance of fireballs, but luckily much smaller ones.

gavinc
January 20th, 2018, 09:45
Hi,
A number of people over at AIG have been working to try to convert FS9 AI models to FSX and P3D format. Most of the publicly available (ie not payware) HTAI models are converted as are most of the TFS models and a lot of the Russian AI models.
Most of them can be found on this thread
http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?board=220.0

In addition Orbx has released a freeware package of Australian AI with P3D V4 native models.

Thanks
Gavin