PDA

View Full Version : Wonder if Piglet.....

Warrant
February 14th, 2009, 15:22
....is willing to do some Star Wars birds after his excellent Cylon Raider and Colonial Viper :applause:?

It would be great to have a couple of Tie's in FSX (Darth Vaders fighter, standard Tie, Tie interceptor and Tie-bomber).
A nice Milennium Falcon with interior would be awsome as well.

There is no greater artist then Piglet to kindly forward such request to.:engel016:

:jump::jump::jump:

Piglet
February 14th, 2009, 20:49
LOL...
The problem with the TIE fighter family is their real odd shape( the bombers and DV's are less whacky) , and lousy cockpit visibility. I do believe thay are cool lookin' and such, but not for FSX. Having said that, I did start my own TIE-AC,or TIE Air Combat. The idea was that the Empire realized the basic Tie designs were not well suited for planetary atmospheric combat, especially against Rebel A-Wing type of craft.
Maybe one day I'll finish it.

N332DW
February 15th, 2009, 06:13
all these are available and work in FSX w/ Acceleration - DX9

... but piglets are nicer to be sure

75785 ... mine

75786... mine

75787 ... piglet

75788 ... piglet

75789 ... piglet

75790 ... mine

75791 ... mine (not yet finished)

Warrant
February 15th, 2009, 09:43
Thanks Piglet and N332DW.

Most models are in my inventory and used often. Tim, looking forward to your Tie variant (and o/c the brilliant Viper & Raider) :applause:.

N332DW, that shuttle looks rather nice! :applause:, any ETA?

Still hope someday Tie's will croud my FS sky

:jump:

Helldiver
February 15th, 2009, 10:33
About the real world, have you ever considered doing the Boeing XL-15 Scout? It was a terrific airplane. Would fly at 45 MPH, land at 25 MPH and take off in 500 feet. Just the thing for todays LSA, only weighing 1500 pounds. There are plans available.
It would have happened except no one would think that after building B-17s and B-29s, Boeing wouldn't stoop to building a light plane. So they went to Cessna.

Piglet
February 16th, 2009, 15:44
The Scout is a cool plane. Just gotta figure out how to "fold" it up and tow it behind a Jeep!:wavey:
I do have 3-views, and some info....

pointy31
February 16th, 2009, 16:12
I'd like to have low altitude assualt craft, a descendent of the Huey slick...

djscoo
February 16th, 2009, 16:18
Those always remind me of Mi-24 Hinds.

pointy31
February 16th, 2009, 17:17
Yeah, with the anhedral wings, cockpit location and troop/cargo area, I love it...:ernae:

MCDesigns
February 16th, 2009, 17:23

I'd love to see these also!

Man, with all these cool Sci Fi ships, we need some scenery!

Helldiver
February 16th, 2009, 17:30
A truly unique advantage the Scout had, however, was in the way it could be disassembled and deployed over long distances. A five-man team could take the Scout apart in about half an hour and reassemble it in 45 minutes. It could be loaded on any standard 2 ½-ton Army truck or into the cargo hold of a large aircraft. In addition, it was designed to be towed on its own wheels on the ground in winds up to 40 mph or in the air at speeds up to 160 mph. Skis, floats and Brodie gear (for cable landings) could also be attached.