PDA

View Full Version : Iris PC-9 Iris TA-6 Texan freeware Downloads

PhantomP
January 17th, 2018, 13:40
Hi,I want download the Iris PC-9 Iris,and the TA-6 Texan for fsx,there are two places,I have found to download them 1.Iris simulations,and 2.Rikoooo,is there any difference between the two sites versions?

MrZippy
January 17th, 2018, 13:44
Hi,I want download the Iris PC-9 Iris,and the TA-6 Texan for fsx,there are two places,I have found to download them 1.Iris simulations,and 2.Rikoooo,is there any difference between the two sites versions?

Probably no difference. I prefer to download from the horse's mouth rather than a wannabe. :encouragement: Isn't it a T-6A Texan?:dizzy:

Stefano Zibell
January 17th, 2018, 14:50
Last time I went looking for the T-6A, the Iris simulations link wasn't working.

Then I just got it from simviation for the lack of a better place.

It is exactly the same as far as I can tell.

PhantomP
January 17th, 2018, 15:57
Thanks for the info guys,and yes,sorry my mistake T-6A Texan.

ak416
January 17th, 2018, 17:51
Rikoooo likes to steal other peoples work and reupload on their own site with their own wrapper, I would avoid them at all costs. Anything found on Riko can be found elsewhere.

PeteHam
January 17th, 2018, 21:56
Is this the one you're looking for .... IRIS Pro Series T-6/A Texan II

https://www.fs-freeware.net/downloads/download/88-propeller-aircraft/3013-fsx-iris-pro-series-t-6-a-texan-ii.html (https://www.fs-freeware.net/downloads/download/88-propeller-aircraft/3013-fsx-iris-pro-series-t-6-a-texan-ii.html)

Pete.

warchild
January 17th, 2018, 21:59
I wonder if it still has my FDE ::LOL::

Actually, I think i was only a beta tester for them at the time.. Rick Left and I took over his position..

hairyspin
January 17th, 2018, 22:22
Whoah there, if that link provides payware for free then it shouldn’t be here!

PeteHam
January 17th, 2018, 22:29
According to the preview .... "Ex payware stock from Iris Simulations."

If this isn't the case then I'll remove the link.

Sorry if I got it wrong.

Pete.

strykerpsg
January 18th, 2018, 01:27
Rikoooo likes to steal other peoples work and reupload on their own site with their own wrapper, I would avoid them at all costs. Anything found on Riko can be found elsewhere.

There's irony in that statement, but I will leave it lay.....hence Iris's migration away from FSX.

AussieMan
January 18th, 2018, 02:09
​Not real sure that the site is legit.

warchild
January 18th, 2018, 05:39
Well, The T6A goes back to 2006 and was Iris's first FSX compatible aircraft. It has since been replaced by the T-6B which is payware, and the T-6A is gone. Does this make it freeware?? I dont know.. Iris had a policy of making certain of their aircraft freeware for a period before removing them entirely, so it is quite possible that the T-6a was freeware and left as such once Iris's lost interest in carrying it further. The fact that none of the sites that carry it, are under litigation by Iris is also another good sign that it is indeed free..

Dangerousdave26
January 18th, 2018, 06:39
You are very Right Pam

This link tells more of the story

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/15652-IRIS-updates-Texan-for-FREE

Dangerousdave26
January 18th, 2018, 06:40
Here is the link to download from Iris directly

Scratch that you will get a 404 on the download button on that page.

PeteHam
January 18th, 2018, 07:20
If the link I posted in #6 is not for the freeware one, could someone in Admin please remove it as I can't find away to go back and delete it.

Thanks.

Pete.

Bjoern
January 18th, 2018, 07:37
https://www.google.com/search?q=iris+t-6a+freeware

There are enough viable results to confirm that the T-6A is indeed freeware.

MrZippy
January 18th, 2018, 07:43
If I remember correctly, (IIRC) for you thumb-busters out there, I downloaded the IRIS T-6A from the IRIS freeware portion of their website (it no longer exists). Get it where you can get it from and enjoy.:pop4:

blanston12
January 18th, 2018, 08:45
Found the T6a on simviation, and installed it. I recognize it as the same T6a that was included in P3D v3 but not carried forward to V4. It works fairly well in v4 except for one issue that a number of maneuverable FSX aircraft have in P3d which is when in a vertical loop it tends to loose control when pointing straight up. This makes me want to pull out my old system that had v3 on it and see if I can move it over. A project for this weekend

warchild
January 18th, 2018, 09:19
We had issues with the T-6B in P3d as well.. David blamed it on me and it contributed to my leaving Iris.. Not sure what it is about that plane..

henrystreet
January 18th, 2018, 09:28
I have both the T-6A and T-6B working in P3Dv3 and v4. Some slight modification of the panel.cfg file to swap out the 32 bit sound gauge with the updated 64 bit was all that was needed.

Pam, your FDE for T-6A is still one of the most accurate to POH I've ever seen. Don't know if you did the T-6B but it is very close too, although not so much at the high end of the power curve (pretty typical for an FSX FDE).

hairyspin
January 18th, 2018, 10:18
I'm glad to hear the T-6A is legit freeware. Panic over!

PeteHam
January 18th, 2018, 10:41
I'm glad to hear the T-6A is legit freeware. Panic over!

Yep, I was a bit concerned there for a while.

Pete.

stovall
January 18th, 2018, 14:05
If the link I posted in #6 is not for the freeware one, could someone in Admin please remove it as I can't find away to go back and delete it.

Thanks.

Pete.

Looks like we are ok as the IRIS T-6A is freeware. The link in number 6 will be left as it is. Thanks to all for the concern and communications to Moderators and Administrators.