PDA

View Full Version : P3DV4 set up

simondix
January 17th, 2018, 00:57
I have an Intel[R]Core[TM]i7-4770K CPU '3.50GHz 3.50GHz Processor with 8.00GB RAM . A Nividia 770GTX GPU.

On windows 7 64 bit.

I run P3Dv4 reasonably well with Orbx scenery as I like flying low and slow with real weather. AS16 or REX Skyface and PF3 for ATC. I recently started getting freezes for anything up to a minute and yesterday I had a total freeze so that I shut down the sim. Is anybody else running the programme on the same specs and what settings are they using. Also is anybody else getting the same freezes.

I cannot afford to update the hardware at present but will sometime in the future. Advice will be much appreciated.

expat
January 17th, 2018, 03:18
Have same spec CPU, RAM and GTX 780 and Orbx FTX Global and Vector. No weather programs or PF3.

No freezes but some places get regular stutters or pauses. Not sure of the cause.

simondix
January 17th, 2018, 05:03
Thanks for that. Yes I had stutters and pauses. I will try without weather next.

alehead
January 17th, 2018, 08:36
Have you changed anything recently in the settings?

Andrew Entwistle

simondix
January 17th, 2018, 10:43
Since the problem has started I have kept changing the settings to try and see what is happening. Updated my drivers on the Nvidea today so I will see if that is going to make a difference,. The 3D settings on the Nvidia Control panel are on default.

Thanks for the reply.

simondix
January 17th, 2018, 13:37
I have deleted my P3Dv4 cfg and Shaders and will see if that improves things. Just did a real weather circuit at PAJN and so far so good.

rvn817j
January 18th, 2018, 06:39
Not much set up information here at SO, but sites like Avsim have quite a bit more about initial set up. Two (2) things that helped me were (1) turning OFF FXAA, and (2) turning OFF Dynamic 3D Autogen. I do, however, have a system different from yours (AMD processor and graphics card). Good luck.

simondix
January 18th, 2018, 08:09
Thanks I will try that. Went on Avsim and Lockheed Martin and most people seem to have upgraded their cards. Very little on GTX770s at all.