PDA

View Full Version : Well I finally weakened

AussieMan
January 16th, 2018, 14:25
and purchased the PMDG DC-6 because the exchange rate between the $A and $US had improved to the extent that it cost less than $A100. While I am impressed with the aircraft some of the repaints from the Operations Centre left me less than impressed.

After installing the great repaints from Jeansy and Jankees I decided to check out the repaints in the Operations Centre. The first one I installed was the Ansett - ANA DC-6B. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. First off the blue along the windows was the wrong shade as is the red used, the red band above the cockpit windows is too narrow. The "ANSETT - ANA" were wrong also, they should have been in BOLD text. The "Royal Mail" text should be black as should the registration codes on the wings.

Other than that it is a great aircraft up to the usual great standard expected from PMDG. Let's hope they convert their Jetstream J-41 to P3D V4 standard soon.

cavaricooper
January 16th, 2018, 14:29
Hiya Pat-

Passed your comments on, perhaps they will revisit the paint. Glad you like her- I'm smitten.

Yes, the J-41 is being worked on for P3D :)

https://i.imgur.com/XwmcurM.jpg

Best- C

AussieMan
January 16th, 2018, 14:34
Thanks mate. I am about to do another Ansett repaint but with a different serial. But as I am an old mat I don't know how long it will take or if it will even bee good enough to upload.