PDA

View Full Version : Almost Affraid To Jinx This

harleyman
February 14th, 2009, 14:17
An update on getting my rig back and the health of FSX...

My rig hates Acceleration..I think mostly SP2...When I picked it up from the shop today I flew FSX and it was not to shabby..( nothing in Catalist on and only FSX, No Service Packs)

I came home and installed Acceleration and it was crummy again.....Hmmmmmmmmm

Uninstalled Acceleration it and just put in SP1............
Set up Catalist Control Center

Set up FSX as it has been before....

And.........Not to bad at all.....

Did some work in the config file

Changed the bufferpools
Texture Band Multi
Changed Texture Max load
Adjusted the Autogen some..More buildings...Less trees ....

And OMG......Smooth...Clean...frames locked at 35 and holding...traffic at 100% ... Not the first pause or stutter....YEA

Now..I had this before..Turned the rig off for the night and boom...It was lost again inthe morning..But that was when my bios was wacked too....

Hopefully I am not jinxing things by opening my mouth to soon....LOl

Still think more power will not hurt a thing...That will happen tommorrow night as my new PSU is here and waiting ....

In the morning I'm doing a fresh OS and FSX install, as this OS has been really abused....

Now off to test with GEX and UTX and Genesis mesh..... Followed buy Traffic X

Fingers crossed.....But it really is purty to see and smooth now......If I was a drinking man I'de be in the suds by now.....LOL

datter
February 14th, 2009, 14:25
Glad it's working nicely so far, but I do not envy you your reinstalling/setup hassles. :)

harleyman
February 15th, 2009, 01:38
Well...So far so good.....

Installed UTX GEX and mesh yesterday and flew for about 2 hours around Tatahi and Bora Bora scenery...

Still going to reinstall the OS today..Not sure if I will do that first or change out the PSU first...Hmmmmm

Off to fly more now...

guzler
February 15th, 2009, 01:40
Harlyman, have you tried SP2 without Acceleration ? Might be worth a try...

harleyman
February 15th, 2009, 02:12
No I have not as I have XP and thought it was mostly for DX10 ...

But, I will get it installed now and see...Never hurts to try before I redo the OS later...

Thanks....:applause:

Daube
February 15th, 2009, 04:22
Harleyman, in case you try again to install SP2, just keep in mind that some of the SP1 tweaks ABSOLUTELY NEED to be adjusted to new values, and some need to get deleted.
For example, the texture_bandwith_mult is much smaller in the SP2 than it was in SP1 if I remember correctly.
But you know the tutorial from NickN right ?

harleyman
February 15th, 2009, 05:21
Yup...I have a link for Nicks tips up above in our tips section...

I have texture_bandwith_mult set at 90 and its doing great....

Defailt is 30...tried 40...not bad at 40..Went to 70 and it was bad..Went to 90 and it smoothed out great......

Now I/m working on LOD radius...I went from stock 4.5 to 7.5 and am testing now...

I thought I would get all this done before my reinstall to have it all set for then ...