PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft DC8

jeansy
January 11th, 2018, 05:51
Has anyone else noticed that Aerosoft have now created a DC8 forum in the aircraft subforum, not previews past experiences normally indicate that the product is on finals for release

icycle
January 11th, 2018, 09:35
Am interested, and looks promising. A little "odd", too. Not any critique of (yet to be released model), as only the -50 will be represented - to my understanding.
One of the hallmarks of the DC-8 (almost broke the company and contributed to the eventual marriage with McDonnell Aircraft), was all its varieties - dash 10 through dash 70(+). Having just one, although pretty "common" one at that, seems strange.

Will closely follow though.

Bill

Bjoern
January 11th, 2018, 11:26
Michael is the sole developer and has been at it for five or more years. Expecting more model variations from him would be foolish.

I am not too happy that he picked Aerosoft as a publisher. Was expecting an independent release, without the risk of using intrusive copy protection schemes.

icycle
January 11th, 2018, 11:51
Agree, and understand the scope has to be pretty specific, and attainable. Over-reaching is the biggest danger, especially with a one-person shop (CRJ anyone?). Can really cause bad effects to an otherwise good & noble effort. For what is promised however, it does look very good.

Independence does have its pro's, but likely use of a established publisher does have distribution economies/tailwinds.

Bill

edakridge
January 11th, 2018, 12:19
Bjoern, thank you for giving him his due! I have been following his development for what seems like forever and it looks awesome!

Bjoern
January 11th, 2018, 15:12
Also consider that JustFlight already offers the entire range of DC-8s. I only know that the initial release wasn't all that great, but the aircraft reportedly got better over time due to input from former crewmembers.

icycle
January 11th, 2018, 18:11
Yes, Just Flights is pretty decent, especially visually, and yes the updates did, in fact, make it better. It covers most of the DC8 life-span (70 series PAX notably missing though). Clearly the amount of work into the AS effort is of note, so will be worth following.

Bill