PDA

View Full Version : MAIW Converting To FSX/P3D

Tom Burnside
January 11th, 2018, 02:46
Saw it on their Facebook page that they are converting all their AI packages previously not compatible with FSX/P3D to these platforms. Can not wait to get Marham and Coningsby back.

ian elliot
January 11th, 2018, 03:03
I dont know about Coningsby , but there is definitely an FSX Marham, retro with Victors and Canberra's, been out for a few year's, one of my favorite place's to fly from----
Just check'd the file library over at MAIW, two version's, retro and Tornado GR4, both by John Young. and there's a Coningsby scenery in there as well for FSX

cheers ian

PS, it looks like they are working on thier older Ai aircraft like the HTAI C-130 ect, thats been soldering on for 10 years almost

jeansy
January 11th, 2018, 04:10
MCX can convert older airports to P3D v4, and the latest version of ADE and convert afcads

its manual work on your end, however its depends on how urgent you want it

strykerpsg
January 11th, 2018, 04:55
Selfishly cheering to myself............great news indeed!

expat
January 11th, 2018, 05:31
Very good news. Using John Young's very excellent FSX native aircraft in P3Dv4 but some of the MAIW retro SAC era airports, e.g., Loring, McDill, Ellsworth etc are missing lots of buildings and other objects. We also need a P3Dv4 capable (aka FSX native model) AI B-52 for SAC period airports and simming.

Bjoern
January 11th, 2018, 11:14
We also need a P3Dv4 capable (aka FSX native model) AI B-52 for SAC period airports and simming.

I count 11 FS9 packages on Avsim and one model conversion tool on scenerydesign.org. :p

WarHorse47
January 11th, 2018, 11:53
I count 11 FS9 packages on Avsim and one model conversion tool on scenerydesign.org. :pGo to the Owl's Nest and display them all. There are 254 individual AI packages if I'm not correct.

Navy Chief
January 11th, 2018, 14:04
Saw it on their Facebook page that they are converting all their AI packages previously not compatible with FSX/P3D to these platforms. Can not wait to get Marham and Coningsby back.

OUTSTANDING NEWS!!! :encouragement::very_drunk: NC

Bjoern
January 11th, 2018, 14:49
Go to the Owl's Nest and display them all. There are 254 individual AI packages if I'm not correct.

For B-52s?

WarHorse47
January 11th, 2018, 16:01
For B-52s?Oops. Sorry. In total.

I see only two for B-52's: Barksdale AFB and Minot AFB at the Owl's Nest. Can't speak to other packages at the usual download sites.

expat
January 12th, 2018, 06:27
I count 11 FS9 packages on Avsim and one model conversion tool on scenerydesign.org. :p

It's that last little bit Bjoern. Not just anyone knows how to run them through MDX like you a few others!

Bjoern
January 12th, 2018, 07:52
It's that last little bit Bjoern. Not just anyone knows how to run them through MDX like you a few others!

There's a tutorial from AIG, so anybody should be able to at least give it a try by now.

Certainly beats "We need [blah]" posts. :p

mikewmac
January 13th, 2018, 05:19
We're finally making our first official steps in FSX/P3D package conversion.

We are proud to bring you our first small steps in converting our large legacy of miltary AI packages towards FSX and P3D.
Above is what MAIW posted on Facebook.

This post refers to the release of MAIW consolidated FSX conversion packages for the HTAI F-16, HTAI C-130 and JAI P3C aircraft including the actual native FSX model conversions accomplished by Gavin Cole, Graham Eccleston and Tony Rodriguez. As this post states this is no more than a first small step towards native FSX/P3D conversions of MAIW FS9 AI packages and until some other MAIW contributors take up the native FSX/P3D conversion challenge, it will probably be while before we see more of them.

Hopefully more current MAIW contributors besides John Young and Ian McCartney will start creating their new AI aircraft models and AI packages in both FS9 and native FSX/P3D format, but only time will tell.